We are, excatly where we should be..

1983canes

Freshman
Yes, I would trade one of our rival games, for a lay down. Of Course.

But UM held serve after losing 4 straight. And they did it well.

Our team has plenty of talent. Look at FSU vs. FL . Gators got worn down early 3rd qt. We muffed a pt, but we still had momentum.

Miami has improved under Richt it's clear now. Diaz, is a stud for us. He adjusted mid 2nd qt this game. Awesome.

Miami is just fine this year. Play big in the bowl game, and Recruit. Period. Richt wants power RB ball, and that's fine. Just get the RB for it, and line. Walton though is a gamer.

Overall , we are definitely better, and great adjustements by our coaches.

Advertisement
No, we should be 10-2. Richt takes that blame. However, the turn around, against lesser teams, does indicate a positive direction. The question of being able to win a BIG game, still remains. Overall, I'll give him a C+.

Yes, I agree with you on should have wins? But we did not.

Richt wants power run football, it's clear now. He wants big strong lines, and QB'S to navigate the game. That's what we hired.

You know this, your smart.

As I said when we hired him. He will build a power team. Hope we keep Diaz, for 1 more season.

He will do well with that in the ACC, it's now showing. Big stage is a different debate. I have never said Richt will get us a NC.

But he will get us back towards the top. We have not been there in years..

No, we should be 10-2. Richt takes that blame. However, the turn around, against lesser teams, does indicate a positive direction. The question of being able to win a BIG game, still remains. Overall, I'll give him a C+.

Pretty much this right here.

Advertisement
I'd be much more comfortable agreeing with the OP if we had one more win. Defense has definitely improved and at least we're trending in the right direction overall but it's really going to take a convincing bowl win to move this season from the disappointment/unacceptable category to one viewed as a building block to consistent 10+ win seasons. And I say that as someone that still believes you can exit this season with the earlier characterization but still have legit optimism about the future. That optimism will just be a whole lot more credible if we freakin win a bowl for once and show that all those extra practices were actually worth something.

Yes, I agree with you on should have wins? But we did not.

Richt wants power run football, it's clear now. He wants big strong lines, and QB'S to navigate the game. That's what we hired.

You know this, your smart.

As I said when we hired him. He will build a power team. Hope we keep Diaz, for 1 more season.

He will do well with that in the ACC, it's now showing. Big stage is a different debate. I have never said Richt will get us a NC.

But he will get us back towards the top. We have not been there in years..

He has to recruit big time OL to run a power game....right now his offense is built for finesse....if he woulda stuck with the spread the entire year this team would be playing Clemson with a chance at the playoffs.....I give him credit for making proper adjustments after the losing streak....now let's hope he continues to understand his personnel before next season.

Let's see who we get in a bowl game. We lost to every team with a pulse. Of course once the competition went down a notch this Oline looks good. If we can move the ball and push around another 8-4 team I'll be impressed.

As far as this season. I'm happy with Richt. Not the outcome we wanted but it's good to see us smashing lessor teams again. It only serve to build confidence for the future. I give him a B.
8 blow out wins, 3 close losses, 1 blowout loss.

I picked the over at the start of the year. I was right, but I somehow still felt wrong. Look at the roster + the schedule and this is a 10 win team. Everyone knew the VT game in Blacksburg was a tough road matchup. Other than that, I was confident we would beat both FSU and UNC with ND being a toss up (oddly enough, ND ended up being one of the worst teams on our schedule).

I'm glad we finally figured out (most) of our offense, but it took us 4 games too long. Depending on who stays for 2017, I'm going to hold to 10 wins next year with an ACCCG appearance. Would love to play the Orange Bowl next year if at all possible.

*EDIT* - wanted to add that it was incredibly refreshing to see a coaching staff that made quarter and halftime adjustments. Diaz is coaching MVP this year with what he was able to do both on and off the field.

Advertisement
The key for Richt will be a very, very strong Offensive Line. Big backs, and also a shifty back. That is why Walton is Emerging.

We are OK fellas, no, not what I Want by any means... But the change is in adjustments, and effort. We are becoming a slow, developing into a tough team to play.

It's Richt's first year. He changed in even the first half, of his first year. With players that don't match his style.

Overall, not that bad. Wait till next year, and especially after. He builds us a Power SEC team in the ACC coastal?

We will literally run over the division. And power the conference game.

Go Canes.

Pretty much this right here.

Richt didn't have this team ready to close the Deal yet. Part of it was talent on the offensive line, part of it was Kayaak's inconsistency, a small part of it was the Tobacco Road crowd in the ACC, and part of it is that the Other Team gets a vote.

- In the FSU game, Francoise played like a champion and Jimbo adjusted better in the second half. That said, we failed to protect our FG kicker's attempt as we tried to go into overtime. That's on Special Teams and line play, but in reality, there were too many points left on the table in that game, just as in 2014.

- The VaTech game turned into a beatdown. Who the **** scheduled that?

- UNC was one of the more poorly officiated games I have seen in some time, but we had zero offense that game. While we can hold the Tobacco Road guy's responsible for that phantom touchdown, failing to score against UNC at home was unforgivable. That was on Richt's abysmal playcalling that game.

-Yes, Notre Dame tried to give the game to us, but if you're not going to get off the team bus in the first half, don't complain when your comeback falls short in the second. Just like in 1988. It's a 60 minute game.

We should be 10-2 and playing in a New Year's Day game, not in a Dogsh1t Bowl against Taint or the Bulldogs. This is on Richt and his staff.

I hear you guys . I know this board. And I know who is commentating..

We were not built to go 10-2. We don't have that mentality. We learned to go 8-4 and fight out of that.

Get out of X , 0. s. I have been on both sides of high organized sports. Bball.

It takes a season , and plus 1 to change mentality. No, Michigan is not an example. Michigan lost, and Harbaugh is a good coach but burns you out.

I have literally eaten a Mexican burrito next to him, when he was at USD. Energy, shifty, white guy. And I am white. He is has big Add.

We were not built to go 10-2. We don't have that mentality. We learned to go 8-4 and fight out of that.

It takes a season , and plus 1 to change mentality. .

We were not built to go 10-2? Seriously. Tell me about this "mentality".

How come Fuente can do more than us in his first season? Is it that same "mentality"?

Advertisement
Because VT, FSU, and a even teams like Clemson have developed and had mentally tougher teams for many years.

I don't care about star ratings from high schools. Ya'll know this.

Our Miami team, folds under pressure. For 12+ years .

It just might just changing again.

Been down for the U since 83. Lived high, and low. Seen it all.

Again Go Motha ******* Canes.

Advertisement
Yea 9-3 would have looked alot better then 8-4. Hopefully we get to dominate the Gators in Jax.

Positives from the season:
A staff that can make adjustments in game. An aggressive defense that creates negative plays. A freshman class that has already come into its own. A team that has shown improvement throughout the season.

Negatives from the season:
A horrible four game losing streak that ruined our chances at a division title. An offensive line that was offensive to watch (although they have looked better in recent games.) An offensive coordinator who took to long to realize what kind of system suits his team best. A team that still makes bonehead penalties. Not beating FSU, so ******* tired of losing to those ********.

There still is a lot of what if and what could've been but there is a better feeling going into the off-season than there's been in a long time. Win the bowl game and we'll have momentum going into next year, something we haven't had in over a decade.

Let's see who we get in a bowl game. We lost to every team with a pulse. Of course once the competition went down a notch this Oline looks good. If we can move the ball and push around another 8-4 team I'll be impressed.

As far as this season. I'm happy with Richt. Not the outcome we wanted but it's good to see us smashing lessor teams again. It only serve to build confidence for the future. I give him a B.
8 blow out wins, 3 close losses, 1 blowout loss.

we CRUSHED pitt and worked NC state both two decent teams that would be considered good had a play or two gone their way in 2 of their other games

they definitely have a pulse

not to mention gatech quietly had a nice season

Advertisement
Back