we are at 20 commits...

5XNC

Senior
i'm not a guy who gets caught up in the numbers, the coaches know how many they can give out. but, if we get 2 more in the next week, there can only be a few spots left. this year truly will be a get on board or get left out year. theres no other way based on a rational number that can be left.

Advertisement
ok, so, like i said, if we get 2 more in the next week like people think, there will only be maybe 5 spots left. not a lot before the season starts. i love the number of kids coming from the tri county area. i'd take the grays and jackson's all day over higher ranked kids from other states. these are the classes we won with in the 80's and 90's.

Advertisement
It's July. The numbers will sort themselves out. Some of our commits won't get LOIs on NSD. Some will sign but not get in. We'll sign more than 25. One way or another, we'll take some more guys.

Advertisement
i counted around 18 srs. it will depend on who gets in and the number we start with to start the season. lets say we start the year at 81. have 18 seniors and lose a few, i still don't see 33. mid to upper 20's i'd guess. either way, there are not a lot of spots left.

ethnic, i agree w/ all that. again, just saying, there aren't a lot of spots left. with the class being heavy on south florida kids, it'd be risky to drop some kids who are committed w/ a real offer at this point.

Yeah it should be interesting. I give it a 0% chance that everyone committed right now will sign with us on NSD but I know you know that.

A few guys available are guys that have spots no matter who else we have. Gotta wonder where the possible sanctions fit in here as well, if we are loading up knowing restrictions may happen next year or what.

we lost gionni paul, eddie johnson, ricrado williams, finnie,etc all this off season too.

Advertisement
nycane, those guys fall into the number we will be at to start the season, which i imagine will be around 79-81

I'm working on a numbers breakdown that I will post within he next few days

Don't even bother...numbers always work out one way or another. What we theoretically have room for now will mean nothing come next fall when it's time to enroll. I suspect we'll be around 30.

Advertisement
21 if you count Lockley. We have 75 scholarship players with 4 players waiting on admission

I hope we sign 30-32. We have considerable space for EE's, once fall comes we will have the numbers on who made it in for 2013. We also have to factor in guys like Lockley, does he end up in 2014? The staff definitely knows more than I do. Our whole signing spree was awesome but some of the takes are somewhat of head scratchers to me. Will give Al the benefit of the doubt though, as his scouting has been quite good IMO in every class except 2011 when he had his hands tied behind his back.

I tend to be a little idealist and merciless in this way, but I'd say oversign by a bit and see what kind of natural shakeout results from it. Some guys from 2011 and 2012 appear to already have been recruited over and it wouldn't suprise me one bit to see anotehr 5-7 transfers next year.

Sanction-wise - I would not be surprised if the strategy is to appeal the reduction of any scholarships beyond those already self-imposed.

This would benefit UM two-fold:
1) Delay anymore scholarship reductions until the next year (ie load up like USC)
2) Reduce the actual number of scholarship sanctioned via the appeal before UM imposed anymore scholarship reductions

Advertisement
Back