We are a team closer to 4-4 vs 6-2

Go **** yourself. We’re closer to 7-1 than 6-2.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Advertisement
If folks are gonna take away UVA or Clemson as wins (even though we won), you can't count GT as a L using that same logic
I am not taking away any wins.

Just looking at the team overall and what I see is a team closer to .500 than one 4 games over .500 in how we don’t have a QB, defense is playing above the mean (Kam has corrected his poor play. TVD has gotten worse). The coaching leaves a lot to be desired from the HC to the OC.

I’d say we are the 4th team.

FSU, UL and UNC.

Virginia Tech is 4th based on record. Duke would be up there but their QB went down.

We have 108 points vs 110 points (-2 differential) and that includes GT & UVA in the 4 conference games we have played.
Look at their resumes. They all have flaws.

FSU almost lost to BC and Clemson.
UL lost bad to Pitt last week. Pitt is 2-6. And LOU beat NCSU 13-10 and beat GT 39-34
UNC lost last week to the UVA team we just beat

Every "good team" has flaws this year.

Look at #5 Washington struggle with 2-5 Stanford right now.

Point is any given Saturday any one of these teams can show up and beat one another.

I still fully believe we can show up and beat FSU. Not with the TVD we saw today but with the TVD we saw against A&M. Not sure if that TVD ever comes back but let's all hope and pray he does ASAP.

Look at their resumes. They all have flaws.

FSU almost lost to BC and Clemson.
UL lost bad to Pitt last week. Pitt is 2-6. And LOU beat NCSU 13-10 and beat GT 39-34
UNC lost last week to the UVA team we just beat

Every "good team" has flaws this year.

Look at #5 Washington struggle with 2-5 Stanford right now.

Point is any given Saturday any one of these teams can show up and beat one another.

I still fully believe we can show up and beat FSU. Not with the TVD we saw today but with the TVD we saw against A&M. Not sure if that TVD ever comes back but let's all hope and pray he does ASAP.
We’ve been lucky to win vs ****** offenses in the ACC and the only high powered offense we have faced destroyed us in the 2nd half of that game.

I guess I will have to settle for heart stopping moments the rest of the year in this conference because despite having the talent advantage, we can score more than 30 points vs ACC opponents.

Our defense just needs to continue the trend of stopping everyone and that is not realistic. At some point it will break.

Advertisement
Team came out flat. You could tell right away. I’ve seen this game too many times in the last 20 years. Knew it from the first two drives it was going to be a fight in the alley. Glad we won in the end but…….

- TVD was putrid
- Dawson/Mario were just bad.
- we are lucky to have won the last 2 games despite Mario’s time management and coaching decisions. It cost us vs GT.

- Imagine if we had lost the last 2 games. We would be 4-4 with 4 straight defeats. It would be such a bad and toxic situation.

The TVD situation (seems mental combined with some injuries) is just bad. Might be best for him to move on next year. Thank you Virginia DB for dropping that 3rd INT.

We are closer to 4-4 than we are to a 6-2 team.
I agree with a lot of that except the 4-4 part or luck.. Take away knee gate we’re winning games that we always lose or quit in. They could’ve closed up camp against A&M, UVA and Clemson. Even GT , we took it in the clutch when things looked bad, making enough plays. This team isn‘t great but they’re fighting every week even when things look bad. We did everything we could do to lose today.

That tells me the culture is changing but now the biggest issues are consistency and not showing up prepared to play. I mentioned this earlier in the week, this was the game we normally come out sleep walking. Just like after bye weeks. Both are still a problem.

Team came out flat. You could tell right away. I’ve seen this game too many times in the last 20 years. Knew it from the first two drives it was going to be a fight in the alley. Glad we won in the end but…….

- TVD was putrid
- we are lucky to have won the last 2 games despite Mario’s time management and coaching decisions. It cost us vs GT.

- Imagine if we had lost the last 2 games. We would be 4-4 with 4 straight defeats. It would be such a bad and toxic situation.

The TVD situation (seems mental combined with some injuries) is just bad. Might be best for him to move on next year. Thank you Virginia DB for dropping that 3rd INT.

What a fuccin sorry *** ****

I fall somewhere in the middle…

People saying we’re 1 kneel away from 7-1…it takes an all time Corch to prevent that. Well we’ve got it.

UNC blasted us. It was a backdoor TD that prevented it from being a 17-pt game, and that UNC team is bleh. They turned around and lost to UVA as 24-pt faves.

We were 18.5 pt faves against UVA and 20.5 vs GT. We continue to play down to our competition. That falls squarely on the man in charge. GT and UVA should not have been anything less than double-digit wins, and Clemson is now 4-4. They’re trash. So we’ve won 2/3 coin-flippy games that came down to the final few plays.

And yet, the team is showing some sort of resiliency that wasn’t there last year, nor years prior.

These last four games will tell us all we need to know.
This team has heart and resiliency. There’s no denying that. That’s a huge step from the last 15 years. But there’s still some of the same old issues hanging around.

Advertisement
This sounds like one of those 'if you take away all of his long runs he only averages 3ypc' arguments.

Love you Pipo, but you earned this showdown!

- TVD was putrid

But you probably need to give miami the GT game back as a win because that game was a win with a kneel down or if the refs decided not to completely bone miami on the fumble call...

Advertisement
Again, reading comprehension.

I didn’t say we should be 4-4 vs 6-2. I am looking past the record and analyzing the coaching and play of these team.

We should be grateful to be 6-2.

My reading comprehension is just fine.

You say that we're "closer to 4-4 than to 6-2", which is nonsense. The actual record is 6-2, so it's meaningless to compare the likelihood of a hypothetical record to the actual record.

A case could be made that the team is closer to 5-3 than to 7-1 (comparing hypotheticals either way). I'd disagree with that, given the flukiness of the GT finish, but it's still a valid claim.

- TVD was putrid

You should’ve know that you were going to infuriate the Mario bros slurp crew.

Your statement was an extremely fair and even keeled analysis on our season so far, and today’s game.

But many of the people downvoting you still think that Mario can win big here, even though the guy has proven that he may be the worst game day coach that we’ve ever had at the U.

how are we closer to 4-4?

we have no flukey wins. we beat clemson statistically and manhandled them with a backup QB, we beat Virginia straight up despite bad QB play with no fluke calls (they had zero penalties), by running it down their throats.

we lost UNC because of turnovers, and we had GT game won if we kneeled. every other win was handily

we are infinitely closer to 7-1 than even to 5-3

Advertisement
Not our fault they made us 18.5 favorites. None of us believed that and they were dumb to do that anyway after UVA beat UNC and was believing in themselves.
What do you mean, “none of us” were doing that?

During the week many of our porsters were saying that they would start Emory over TVD, since we were likely to blow Virginia out. I warned everyone to not take them lightly, since they always play us tough, and have beaten us a few times over the last few years.

Plenty of the jabronies on CiS thought that we would win going away.

At this point, we’ll be fortunate to win one more game.

N. C. State and BC are toss up games.

Louisville and F$Who are sure L’s.

I said after the NC game that we’re a 7-5 team, with a possible 8-4 ceiling if we get every bounce to go our way the rest of this season. If our Canes continue to play on offense like they have, then they’re going to prove me right.

Hopefully they’ll make me eat crow.

how are we closer to 4-4?

we have no flukey wins. we beat clemson statistically and manhandled them with a backup QB, we beat Virginia straight up despite bad QB play with no fluke calls (they had zero penalties), by running it down their throats.

we lost UNC because of turnovers, and we had GT game won if we kneeled. every other win was handily

we are infinitely closer to 7-1 than even to 5-3
No flukey wins? Did you not watch the game today?

1698552055171.png

I fall somewhere in the middle…

People saying we’re 1 kneel away from 7-1…it takes an all time Corch to prevent that. Well we’ve got it.

UNC blasted us. It was a backdoor TD that prevented it from being a 17-pt game, and that UNC team is bleh. They turned around and lost to UVA as 24-pt faves.

We were 18.5 pt faves against UVA and 20.5 vs GT. We continue to play down to our competition. That falls squarely on the man in charge. GT and UVA should not have been anything less than double-digit wins, and Clemson is now 4-4. They’re trash. So we’ve won 2/3 coin-flippy games that came down to the final few plays.

And yet, the team is showing some sort of resiliency that wasn’t there last year, nor years prior.

These last four games will tell us all we need to know.

I agree with almost all of that.

The one issue I have is that this team is showing some sort of resiliency that wasn't there last year, nor years prior. It wasn't there last year, true. Yet all you need is to go back one more year to Manny's last year and you'll see much the same. Those kids gave it their all, rattled off some close wins the latter part of the season. They never gave up either even with a coach dead to rights. ****, even the losses were close past Bama and MSU.

This offense is why we're playing these silly *** close games. They showed what they could do in the first few and then have changed it up to what it is currently. It sucks, they're better than they're showing.

I agree with almost all of that.

The one issue I have is that this team is showing some sort of resiliency that wasn't there last year, nor years prior. It wasn't there last year, true. Yet all you need is to go back one more year to Manny's last year and you'll see much the same. Those kids gave it their all, rattled off some close wins the latter part of the season. They never gave up either even with a coach dead to rights. ****, even the losses were close past Bama and MSU.

This offense is why we're playing these silly *** close games. They showed what they could do in the first few and then have changed it up to what it is currently. It sucks, they're better than they're showing.
No arguments from me. Had today or Clemson been a loss, we’d be singing a VERY different tune on this board.

I can forgive a slow start or a bad half - it happens to every team at some point in the season. It’s called adversity. But after we opened the 2H with a TD, and then Killa Kam came through with a pick six…a good team goes for the throat right then and there. UVA has a putrid offense ranked outside the top 85 in a slew of categories. Get a stop, give the ball back to your offense who just scored, and maybe get that confidence going again. Everyone is rested since Kam’s pick came instantaneously, and the DL had been feasting up front.

And this is no knock on Guidry, who I think has done a phenomenal job. But instead, we seem to be allergic to momentum and allow them to (rather easily) carve up our defense. Now it’s tied again. Now TVD has to go back out there and the pressure to answer that score swells inside. One mistake and everything unravels…boom. Good teams don’t let things spiral like that against 2-5 opponents, at home nonetheless.

Against A&M, the offense showed out and the defense was on its heels. Against GT, the defense help up their end of the bargain, but the offense ****ed all over themselves. Then, UNC was A&M reincarnated, only worse on defense. Clemson and UVA, the defense shows up and the offense struggles.

We’ve yet to put forth a complete performance against a Power 5 team, and we’re 8 games in overall. It’s just not a good football team to this point, which is sad because we have some really special players who keep us in ballgames. Without Bain, we lose to Clemson. Without Fletcher and Allen (props on the hurdle), we lose to UVA. Without the OL, we lose to A&M, Clemson, and UVA too.

Hopefully we make both schematic and personnel changes for NC St, and maybe we see a bit of a more balanced performance.

Advertisement
Back