We are a team closer to 4-4 vs 6-2

:ohlord: ...I think he made some valid points. The full story of this season has yet to be written. I will be pleasantly surprised if we finish 3-1. Also let's remember Manny finished with 8 wins his second year with 2 less games (and no I wouldn't want him back).
We lose these last two games over the past 15ish years.

Our fanbase is putrid.

We actually have fans upset we won because they need their narrative validated. You can critique (TVD played putrid) while not trying to justify why we don't suck more.

Truly crazy stuff on here.

Advertisement
What do you mean, “none of us” were doing that?

During the week many of our porsters were saying that they would start Emory over TVD, since we were likely to blow Virginia out. I warned everyone to not take them lightly, since they always play us tough, and have beaten us a few times over the last few years.

Plenty of the jabronies on CiS thought that we would win going away.

At this point, we’ll be fortunate to win one more game.

N. C. State and BC are toss up games.

Louisville and F$Who are sure L’s.

I said after the NC game that we’re a 7-5 team, with a possible 8-4 ceiling if we get every bounce to go our way the rest of this season. If our Canes continue to play on offense like they have, then they’re going to prove me right.

Hopefully they’ll make me eat crow.
I'm talking about myself I guess. I sure as heck didn't think we were blowing out Virginia. We just aren't there yet. Wins are all I care about at this point because that's something we haven't done a lot and it's what made 2017 fun for the most part. The only way we blow someone out is if somehow TVD can not give the ball away.

Our fanbase is putrid.

We actually have fans upset we won because they need their narrative validated. You can critique (TVD played putrid) while not trying to justify why we don't suck more.

I'm a firm believer in you are what your record says you are. Right now we are 6-2, but because of glaring issues we could finish anywhere from 6-6 to 9-3. If we finish 6-6/7-5 then I think the original point would be validated. We will find out soon.

Lol or were a knee away from 7-1 but be that Miami fan lol

Christ
The Rock Wwe GIF

Advertisement
Cocaine Kiffin has this team 8-0 heading into NC ST. No doubt in my mind.

The ACC sucks.

I think you’re missing context. If it was last year I would agree but this week took a weird turn. We lost to GT n UNC. UNC lost to UVA and GT. I say we are a team that’s trying to get away from mediocrity for so many years that we are on the verge of a breakthrough. We just need a QB. I do think we are more of a 6-2 team than a 4-4 team.
It is the fact that we don’t have a QB why I think we are closer to 4-4. Everyone else is doing their part. If we didn’t have the QB issue, I would’ve be analyzing it the way I am. It’s a pretty big ******* deal.

You are correct about everything else, IMO.

Our fanbase is putrid.

No one's upset the team won imo.

People are upset because we don't appear to be improving.

Advertisement

The ACC sucks.
Cocaine Kiffin doesn't have this team.

Mauigoa, Cohen and Lee probably don't come here without Mario. Same for some of our other top-end talent.

Can't argue the fact Kiffin is a better coach than Mario. But your point is meaningless. The team would have less talent if Kiffin were the head coach.

Cocaine Kiffin doesn't have this team.

Mauigoa, Cohen and Lee probably don't come here without Mario. Same for some of our other top-end talent.

Can't argue the fact Kiffin is a better coach than Mario. But your point is meaningless. The team would have less talent if Kiffin were the head coach.
Sure.

But he’d have the offense humming and doesn’t need 30 five stars to be successful.

Oh look, and it seems like the defense is coming around too…which used to be his biggest knock.

Gotta put the ugliness of this particular game on TVD. Credit where credit is due to UVA who had a good game plan, but TVD killed countless drives with TO's throwing into double coverage when he had other options available. The team is generally flat cuz that's TVD's energy in a nutshell. Kid is an energy vampire. Look how we rallied around Emory last week compared to yesterday. We are fortunate to be 6-2, tons of improvement still needed but let's see how they finish with 3 road games remaining.

Advertisement
Sure.

But he’d have the offense humming and doesn’t need 30 five stars to be successful.

Oh look, and it seems like the defense is coming around too…which used to be his biggest knock.
Maybe. The SEC West sucks this year. They beat Tulane with a backup QB.

Let's see how Ole Miss fares the next two weeks against A&M and Georgia.

The ACC sucks.
If he has the exact same roster sure. But I don’t think Kiffin gets Lee, Cohen, Cooper or Mauigoa. Not going to play the what if game on Bain.

Now is the line as vastly improved if Kiffin is the HC? Mario has his warts and problems. This isn’t a post to crown Mario. But credit is due where it’s due. He’s built a monster OL.

If we have a line similar to last seasons, no chance Kiffin is 8-0. TAMU & Clemson would’ve eaten our lunch if the OL wasn’t the strength of this roster.

Advertisement
If he has the exact same roster sure. But I don’t think Kiffin gets Lee, Cohen, Cooper or Mauigoa. Not going to play the what if game on Bain.

Now is the line as vastly improved if Kiffin is the HC? Mario has his warts and problems. This isn’t a post to crown Mario. But credit is due where it’s due. He’s built a monster OL.

If we have a line similar to last seasons, no chance Kiffin is 8-0. TAMU & Clemson would’ve eaten our lunch if the OL wasn’t the strength of this roster.
He plays A&M next week, so I look forward to watching how he schemes around a disadvantage in the trenches.

Guarantee you he runs the ball better than we did against them despite the worse OL.

Oh and he uses the portal better than Mario. Recruiting gap is shortened when you consider that.

Maybe. The SEC West sucks this year. They beat Tulane with a backup QB.

Let's see how Ole Miss fares the next two weeks against A&M and Georgia.
Took a 4th quarter comeback to beat a bad Arkansas team. Auburn was a close game too. They’ve played one good defense this season and it was rough to say the least. Next week will be the best barometer to judge how good his offense is.

He plays A&M next week, so I look forward to watching how he schemes around a disadvantage in the trenches.

Guarantee you he runs the ball better than we did against them despite the worse OL.

Oh and he uses the portal better than Mario. Recruiting gap is shortened when you consider that.
He does. I’m not necessarily trying to say he’d be a failure or worse than Mario. There are a ton of what ifs that can be thrown around to make whatever fit for both coaches.

It’s tough to do a like for like comparison with our current roster. Mario recruited the OL very well in the portal. No doubt the skill positions would be better stocked and utilized if Kiffin is HC.

Mario did miss on a lot of portal guys. But he hit majorly on the OL in the portal. My worry would be if Kiffin would have replicated that. Maybe he does. I don’t know. Just trying to play devils advocate.

He does. I’m not necessarily trying to say he’d be a failure or worse than Mario. There are a ton of what ifs that can be thrown around to make whatever fit for both coaches.

It’s tough to do a like for like comparison with our current roster. Mario recruited the OL very well in the portal. No doubt the skill positions would be better stocked and utilized if Kiffin is HC.

Mario did miss on a lot of portal guys. But he hit majorly on the OL in the portal. My worry would be if Kiffin would have replicated that. Maybe he does. I don’t know. Just trying to play devils advocate.
I appreciate the level-headed responses because it merits real discussion. I’m sure kiffin would struggle with a few things (which probably includes off-field matters). We’d definitely be complaining about certain recruiting issues / defensive lapses.

But for the most part, when I analyze him I see a coach that’s adapting to the modern era far better than what Mario is doing.

Advertisement
Back