We are a team closer to 4-4 vs 6-2

Team came out flat. You could tell right away. I’ve seen this game too many times in the last 20 years. Knew it from the first two drives it was going to be a fight in the alley. Glad we won in the end but…….

- TVD was putrid
- Dawson/Mario were just bad.
- we are lucky to have won the last 2 games despite Mario’s time management and coaching decisions. It cost us vs GT.

- Imagine if we had lost the last 2 games. We would be 4-4 with 4 straight defeats. It would be such a bad and toxic situation.

The TVD situation (seems mental combined with some injuries) is just bad. Might be best for him to move on next year. Thank you Virginia DB for dropping that 3rd INT.

We are closer to 4-4 than we are to a 6-2 team.

We are a team closer to 8-0 than 4-4.

A knee and 10 points.

Advertisement
Last year correlates with this year though. As you said we are better this year, that's all you can ask for. I think you're expectations might of been a tad to high. Until we get a new QB a game can go either way.

Most miami teams though the last 10 or 20 years, the defense would have been given up on the season.
My expectations were to be an 8-4 team.

Maybe they were too high. The way the offense is playing right now, I will gladly take 8-4.

5-7 last year, with better offensive coaching, we would’ve likely been 7-5.

Advertisement
just win… this team should be 7-1 if they took a knee

We are 6-2 with a double digit win over TAMU.. if you told me that would be our record going into the NCST, FSU, and UL stretch I take it 10 out of 10 times

I get what you are saying. I guess the thing I’ll say is, when has a Miami team ever won 2 games like they just did. This team is far from perfect but they don’t fold like they used to.
They fight. They don’t fold. It’s refreshing. Agreed!

They are fighting their way down the depth chart, however. We are getting thinner each week, which is why it’s important to win in the field this year and bring in those recruiting classes and do better in the portal. We don’t have enough depth.

But our offensive coaching and certain players on that side of the ball, mainly the QB, are killing us.

Advertisement
I'll give credit to this team...they do not quit and they fight. Even when they were down v. GT, they fought back. They fought back against UNC. They kept fighting here and dare I say played a flawless overtime. They finish games. You have to play a full 60 against Miami.

We should be 7-1 and in the Top 15. It is a shame we are not.

Clown porst, bro.
The Sandlot Kiss GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Advertisement
There's always this one fan, the fan that instead of looking at the great progress made by the program over the last twelve months, is instead trying to find something to complain about. Don't get me wrong, there's a ton of work to be done, but 6-2(Should be 7-1) is a world of difference from last year. We see the improvement in the trenches, we see that this team, outside of TVD is mentally resilient, something Miami hasn't been in almost 20 years.

Miami is the ONLY team in the country that can't win ugly, at least if you listen to our fans. Other teams win ugly, it's fine. Our fans hold the program to a standard they sure as **** don't hold other teams to. Then again, when you have a significant portion of your fanbase that actively roots for a hated rival, this is what you get. Enjoy the ride right now, and hope that either TVD gets healthy, or Emory gets another shot.

Oh. ESPN says we are 6-2. I guess they are wrong.
Again, reading comprehension.

I didn’t say we should be 4-4 vs 6-2. I am looking past the record and analyzing the coaching and play of these team.

We should be grateful to be 6-2.

Advertisement
I didn’t say we should be 4-4 vs 6-2.

I said we are closer to being a 4-4 team than we are a 6-2 team based on performance, injuries, coaching, level of play by the offense, etc.

We are a mediocre team. Is that better for some of ya’ll?
We definitely mediocre lol but I think I’m trying to focus on the fact that in years passed we lose games like this and right now we are finding ways to win. I mean we are a Simple Jack no kneel down away from being the worst 7-1 team in the country, but that’s better than what we have been

Last edited:
My expectations were to be an 8-4 team.

Maybe they were too high. The way the offense is playing right now, I will gladly take 8-4.

5-7 last year, with better offensive coaching, we would’ve likely been 7-5.
I was thinking 7 or 8 as well which is still achievable depending on what TVD shows up. But with Cristobal I knew it was going to be a slow build. How good we eventually get who knows, but it will take awhile to get there. I think that was one of the main knocks people said on here, he's going to need more talent then the teams he's going against if he hopes to win.

There's always this one fan, the fan that instead of looking at the great progress made by the program over the last twelve months, is instead trying to find something to complain about. Don't get me wrong, there's a ton of work to be done, but 6-2(Should be 7-1) is a world of difference from last year. We see the improvement in the trenches, we see that this team, outside of TVD is mentally resilient, something Miami hasn't been in almost 20 years.

Miami is the ONLY team in the country that can't win ugly, at least if you listen to our fans. Other teams win ugly, it's fine. Our fans hold the program to a standard they sure as **** don't hold other teams to. Then again, when you have a significant portion of your fanbase that actively roots for a hated rival, this is what you get. Enjoy the ride right now, and hope that either TVD gets healthy, or Emory gets another shot.
You hit the nail in the head - everyone except the most important position in sports, the QB, is resilient.

If you don’t have a QB, you can’t win!

Advertisement
Back