We are a team closer to 4-4 vs 6-2

Advertisement
TVD these days...

20696355-a137-4a76-b5df-190f00e23174_text.gif

Not our fault they made us 18.5 favorites. None of us believed that and they were dumb to do that anyway after UVA beat UNC and was believing in themselves.
Yeah, it’s not our fault. But they’re the best predictors of talent. After all, they win more often than not.

And it shows that they expect more from us, and there’s a hinderance that’s preventing us from mopping up crap ACC teams.

I fall somewhere in the middle…

People saying we’re 1 kneel away from 7-1…it takes an all time Corch to prevent that. Well we’ve got it.

UNC blasted us. It was a backdoor TD that prevented it from being a 17-pt game, and that UNC team is bleh. They turned around and lost to UVA as 24-pt faves.

We were 18.5 pt faves against UVA and 20.5 vs GT. We continue to play down to our competition. That falls squarely on the man in charge. GT and UVA should not have been anything less than double-digit wins, and Clemson is now 4-4. They’re trash. So we’ve won 2/3 coin-flippy games that came down to the final few plays.

And yet, the team is showing some sort of resiliency that wasn’t there last year, nor years prior.

These last four games will tell us all we need to know.
Exactly!

GT never should’ve happened.

But score aside, look at the performances - we are in dog fights with GT and Virginia.

We have some fantastic players. Coaches are doing a great job recruiting. The game day coaching on the offensive side of the ball leaves a lot to be desired.

We have a QB problem. One week at a time but despite the record, I am not fooled no matter how hard and how much I root for the team.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fsu should have lost to Clemson and BC I'm sure you won't see them saying we should have 2 extra losses. I get it was a bad game but we were getting blown out on the reg last year.
I am not talking about last year.

I am discussing this year with no orange and green shades on. We are a better team this year.

It would be one thing to have one close game vs a mediocre ACC team. We nearly lost to Virginia and we lost vs GT off a bye week.

Advertisement

I am discussing this year with no orange and green shades on. We are a better team this year.

It would be one thing to have one close game vs a mediocre ACC team. We nearly lost to Virginia and we lost vs GT off a bye week.

@PIPO I guess FSU is 6-2 then, right?

By your logic BC and Clemson count as losses for them

Team came out flat. You could tell right away. I’ve seen this game too many times in the last 20 years. Knew it from the first two drives it was going to be a fight in the alley. Glad we won in the end but…….

- TVD was putrid
- Dawson/Mario were just bad.
- we are lucky to have won the last 2 games despite Mario’s time management and coaching decisions. It cost us vs GT.

- Imagine if we had lost the last 2 games. We would be 4-4 with 4 straight defeats. It would be such a bad and toxic situation.

The TVD situation (seems mental combined with some injuries) is just bad. Might be best for him to move on next year. Thank you Virginia DB for dropping that 3rd INT.

We are closer to 4-4 than we are to a 6-2 team.
JFC

We're 1 coaching decision from being 7-1 actually.

Games like this really expose the line between fans and the miserable/delusional mob
I am not miserable and part of the delusional mob. I have had my season tix for over 25 years.

Me being delusional is not seeing this team for what it is:

- Bad QB play and offensive game calling
- Bad time management by the HC (how many more opportunities does he need to prove he can’t help himself).
- Great talent but need more depth as we are thin everywhere.
- Living on the edge. You can only live so long on the tip of the ice berg before you sink.

Advertisement
@PIPO has no response for why FSU's close wins to mediocre teams dont count as losses, but Miami's do.

Pretty sad dude
They got Clemson when they were better than they are now.

Did they lose to BC? We lost to GT. If we had won, you would have an argument.

Have you not seen FSU beat the **** out of everyone else?

You are right - our two overtime wins are amazing because we beat UVA, who beat UNC and Clemson, who lost to FSU in overtime.

Advertisement

Last year correlates with this year though. As you said we are better this year, that's all you can ask for. I think you're expectations might of been a tad to high. Until we get a new QB a game can go either way.

Most miami teams though the last 10 or 20 years, the defense would of been given up on the season.

Counter point: we are not 4-4 and have found ways to win, which is not something that has happened much the last two decades
I didn’t say we should be 4-4 vs 6-2.

I said we are closer to being a 4-4 team than we are a 6-2 team based on performance, injuries, coaching, level of play by the offense, etc.

We are a mediocre team. Is that better for some of ya’ll?

Advertisement
Back