We about to handle Pitt

Pitt has lost last two games to NCST and BC giving up 30 and 31 points. I did not watch either game but reading the box scores, Pitt gave up lots of passing yards in each game and minimal yards rushing.

If we trot out Pope, Harley and Wiggins watch out as it may turn into a dogfight with Canes winning a close one.

Hope Jordan plays as we’ll need him. And please put Rooster outside. We could use his speed!
Pitt's front 7 is legit. Pitt's QB is legit. This will be a dog fight.

Advertisement
The King will save us... but looking to the "****ed off" mentality to win games has been a farce so far.

I keep reading how Clemson laid the blueprint to stopping our offense, but having the plan, without Clemson athletes is a different thing

Honestly I think their D will give us some trouble. The difference is I think Pitt will have a much harder time moving the ball on us. Clemson is just way better than Pitt. I see us scoring in the high 20’s low 30’s and Pitt somewhere around 14 or 17 pts. Obviously if we play like absolute crap they can win.

Advertisement
Once again our weaknesses play into their strengths. They are stout in fronts 7 and will load box to stop IZ and play decent-good man coverage on the back end. We will need to do things we haven’t shown we are willing to call or capable of running to win.

High probability for a dog fight. If we go for IZ and verts all day we will likely lose

Bigger game than Clemson at this point. Most reasonable fans knew Clemson is a notch above. Pitt is solid if not good. Miami needs to beat Pitt by at least 10 following last week. Then we’ll know if we can even be considered contenders.

Advertisement
Advertisement
From their own beat writer this morning.....
This isn't going to be like in 2017.
Narduzzi hasn't changed his defense in 15 years and doesn't make changes.
He relies on the front 7 and gets beat on big plays.
Pitt may only let up 24-27 points but the offense can't score that many.
They don't have a running game and Pickett has a bad ankle.
It could be a long day for him if he can't move around the pocket.

This is the type of game we lost under all of our previous coaches; this is a "trap" game even though we are more talented and better. We cannot be sloppy and undisciplined. Lets see if we have what we haven't had in years good leadership, good coaching and most importantly a short memory.

Advertisement
This will be a good litmus test. Pitt is decent team.
2017: 14-24
2018: 24-3
2019: 16-12
We're all curious to see the growth of Manny and the program and this'll be a good test.

Currently, there is a 50% chance of rain for the noon game. In South Florida, that could mean that the Canes will have to play back-to-back games in very wet conditions.

Pitt will crowd the line of scrimmage, and force us to win the one-on-one battles on the line of scrimmage (OL v DL) and outside (WR v DB), and the canes can’t afford penalties and turnovers.

I hope our guys are ready to play in wet conditions tomorrow .

24 - 20 Miami

I think Clemson exposed some serious weaknesses and we will struggle to regain our confidence over the next couple weeks. Look for our defense to be the difference this week.

Confidence level is at about a 5. I don't trust Manny to have them ready after a let down and don’t trust the players to shake things off. Don’t trust the WRs or OL
Why? They can line em up like Clemson did, but they not Clemson. If we line up onside, tackle, and don't give up personal fouls we beatin everybody.

Advertisement
Back