Waynmon Steed Class 2017 LB Miami Central Rockets Highlight

Very instinctual and showed great ability to read plays in coverage. This of course is a highlight tape, but in a lot of these plays he knew exactly where the ball was he didn't seem to fall for any of the fakes. What are the measurables on your son? Also, any weight room statistics?

Thank you in advance & Merry Christmas all !

As of last summer he is a legit 6'0.5" and weighed 205 lbs before the season. He benched 205 18 reps at ESS combine last spring. I'm not sure about his squat max but his vertical jump was 34" and his broad jump was 8.5 feet last spring. Shuttle was 4.34 and fastest forty was 4.53 at UTSA and Texas A&M's camp. He is 16 years old and I assume will grow another inch or two. I believe he can play almost any defensive position on the field from DE to FS, so his size as a senior will ultimately determine what position he plays in college. He has come along way this season and improved consistently every game so this should be a good one this Saturday. One of only two sophomores to earn a starting position on the 6A State Champions roster since the first game of the season. Sorry guys, just another proud father, I could go on and on!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wayne,
Congratulations on your son's success. He looks like a real good one.

What do you think is the biggest factor in Central's recent dominance? It is amazing that they've been so consistent through coaching changes and graduations.

Wayne,

What do you think is the biggest factor in Central's recent dominance? It is amazing that they've been so consistent through coaching changes and graduations.

In Dade county kids will flock to a winning organization. Schools that can win and consistently put kids into college will continue to dominate until something astronomical happens like a scandal similar to the downfall of Miami Northwestern. Every year that Miami Central sends big talent to the next level, that next man up mentality kicks into gear. Whether it be a kid that transfers from another program or a young kid that has waited his turn and is talented enough that the team won't miss a beat, imo!!!

Advertisement
Wayne,

In Dade county kids will flock to a winning organization. Schools that can win and consistently put kids into college will continue to dominate until something astronomical happens like a scandal similar to the downfall of Miami Northwestern. Every year that Miami Central sends big talent to the next level, that next man up mentality kicks into gear. Whether it be a kid that transfers from another program or a young kid that has waited his turn and is talented enough that the team won't miss a beat, imo!!!

Your son is a beast on the field big dog, A you know what high school is gonna get naquan wright and that carol city crew?

Any coach with a clue would offer this kid, Thompson, Jamel Cook, etc. But Grohlden will probably overlook these guys for some new jersey scrubs with a ton of MAC offers.

Advertisement
Wayne,

Your son is a beast on the field big dog, A you know what high school is gonna get naquan wright and that carol city crew?

From what I heard Quan and the whole crew will go to Carol City, but James Cook is going to Central.

Advertisement
I was impressed with him last night, especially on that 3rd and 2 stop.

Sometimes he reminds you of another #31 (from Northwestern) with the way he flows to the ball.

Advertisement
I was impressed with him last night, especially on that 3rd and 2 stop.

Sometimes he reminds you of another #31 (from Northwestern) with the way he flows to the ball.

Thank you sir. I agree and he has a bright future. Shawn Spence is the reason behind his number selection this year.

Wayne, do you guys have a nickname for him? What does he go by?

Some have been calling him "Protege" this year but who knows if it will stick. When he played little league they would call him "IGD" which meant Its Going Down but now he is starting a new chapter so who knows what will stick. I simply call him Lil Wayne.

Advertisement
Back