Waynmon Steed Class 2017 LB Miami Central Rockets Highlight

Wayne, do you guys have a nickname for him? What does he go by?

Some have been calling him "Protege" this year but who knows if it will stick. When he played little league they would call him "IGD" which meant Its Going Down but now he is starting a new chapter so who knows what will stick. I simply call him Lil Wayne.

i literally turned the game on and the second play after having it on your son stonewalled some kid in the backfield. believe it was in the 2nd qtrr on a 3rd and short.

Advertisement
Wayne, do you guys have a nickname for him? What does he go by?

Some have been calling him "Protege" this year but who knows if it will stick. When he played little league they would call him "IGD" which meant Its Going Down but now he is starting a new chapter so who knows what will stick. I simply call him Lil Wayne.

i literally turned the game on and the second play after having it on your son stonewalled some kid in the backfield. believe it was in the 2nd qtrr on a 3rd and short.

He hesitated on an out route on the sideline which could have been a pick six for him but overall I think he had a good game. Definitely this game helped his stock. I hope UM was watching. Sucks that UM played at the same exact time as Central!!!

Go Canes!!!

Last edited:
Very instinctual and showed great ability to read plays in coverage. This of course is a highlight tape, but in a lot of these plays he knew exactly where the ball was he didn't seem to fall for any of the fakes. What are the measurables on your son? Also, any weight room statistics?

Thank you in advance & Merry Christmas all !

As of last summer he is a legit 6'0.5" and weighed 205 lbs before the season. He benched 205 18 reps at ESS combine last spring. I'm not sure about his squat max but his vertical jump was 34" and his broad jump was 8.5 feet last spring. Shuttle was 4.34 and fastest forty was 4.53 at UTSA and Texas A&M's camp. He is 16 years old and I assume will grow another inch or two. I believe he can play almost any defensive position on the field from DE to FS, so his size as a senior will ultimately determine what position he plays in college. He has come along way this season and improved consistently every game so this should be a good one this Saturday. One of only two sophomores to earn a starting position on the 6A State Champions roster since the first game of the season. Sorry guys, just another proud father, I could go on and on!!!
As you should be... deserved and yor fatherly duties

Advertisement
Steed is an absolute animal. Saw him play last year and he was one of the 3 kids who stood out on the field and were just clearly on another level. I hope his commitment sticks.

Advertisement
I want steed in orange and green. Can't wait to see him back on the field this year. I can only Imagine the pride this father is feeling.

Does your son have junior film anywhere? The film in OP is his sophomore year I would assume.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back