Way too early CBS Sports poll

Advertisement
That’s cool and all but ranks are earned during the season. I’m excited to see what we do this year. I think we’re a sleeper team and this is finally the year that we get on the “we back” road. It’s been a long time but I feel good about Canes football future, finally.
😂 sleeper. We return all of our starting offense except te and Mallory if used correctly will be better than Jordan. Our defense has most everyone back. no ones sleeping on us

Advertisement
Oh my gosh they are favored they will win. They are Alabama we are toast.

I think we can win, we have athletes and it will come down to attitude and I think LB play. If at the least it is very competitive you are wrong part II
You need more than just athletes to go against Bama. We're not playing FSU or MSU. It will come down to coaching, Manny vs Saban.

My optimistic prediction for this season:

#17 preseason

Lose to Alabama but keep it competitive, within 10 point or so

4-1 and back up to #17 vs undefeated #7 UNC

We upset UNC and jump to #12

We win out, finish regular season 11-1 #5

ACC title vs #3 Clemson

We lose but also close, within 10 points

Pre bowl we are 11-2 and #8

Peach Bowl vs #10 UCF

We beat UCF to finish 12-2 and #5

Would be a very good season that would set us up for a top 10 recruiting class and some momentum for the Jake Garcia era.
Ok now feel free to tell me how dumb this is and that manny is gone in 7 months.

Advertisement

#17 preseason

ACC title vs #3 Clemson

Peach Bowl vs #10 UCF

Would be a very good season that would set us up for a top 10 recruiting class and some momentum for the Jake Garcia era.
Ok now feel free to tell me how dumb this is and that manny is gone in 7 months.
I’d take that in a heartbeat

Please no comments on “why Unc is ranked number seven after losing four games and losing a bunch of key guys“? We can’t ask that because Howell is a top five qb ever , they also beat us by a hundred and last year obviously counts on the 21 season. The previous year always matters the next season.... duh.

I just saved the same five dummies from coming and setting us straight. You‘re welcome.
kevin durant mvp GIF by NBA

Advertisement

#17 preseason

ACC title vs #3 Clemson

Peach Bowl vs #10 UCF

We're not playing UCF because that does not make money for the networks.

Come on now.

#17 preseason

ACC title vs #3 Clemson

Peach Bowl vs #10 UCF

This is dumb and manny is gone in 7 months

Advertisement
You need more than just athletes to go against Bama. We're not playing FSU or MSU. It will come down to coaching, Manny vs Saban.
Manny vs Saban is just one factor joining the ones I listed yet you say it like you know it is fact.

If it simply comes down to coaches teams could save a lot of money on travel and simply not play the games. It comes down to coaching, not trying to put you down, is simply what everyone says and generally a given as part of the equation. Players play the game and coaches need to have them prepared, and put them in position to succeed during the game. Management 101.

Coach: "I need you as our LB to read and fill"
Player: "But coach, I am slow and blind"
Coach: "As a great coach I will mentally 'will' you to the gap"

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
7. UNC
15. Miami

All I see is North Carolina at #7, an October 16th road game at Chapel Hill and a 3-5 record for the Canes at Kenan Stadium since joining the ACC in 2004.

Even the wins—that miracle comeback in 2013, while barely eking one out on a forced fumble to stay alive in 2017. Only other win was 2011, when Miami almost blew a 27-3 lead—holding on for a 30-24 win.

I don't give two ***** about preseason rankings. Games at North Carolina are **** for Miami, starting with that nightmare game in 2004—the #3 Canes downed by a bunch of 3-4 scrubs and run over all night by a third-string running back. (From there, Butch owned Randy for years.)

I want to see Miami grow a f'n pair when it comes to facing North Carolina at their house—as the path to the Coastal Division runs through Chapel Hill this year.

Advertisement
Back