Waters says he's solid regardless of teammate Burgess

datcaneguy

Senior
Herb Waters says James Burgess' anticipated decision to choose Louisville at the Marine All-American game Jan. 3 won't affec his decision

Waters and Burgess are good friends and Waters said he's kind of upset that it no longer looks like Burgess will be joining him at Miami next year.

Waters says he is a solid comittment to UM

He says that he will still take all his visits. So far he's visited Louisville and UM and has visits set to FIU, Cincinnati and Vanderbelt in January

Waters says he's in regular contact with Cane receivers coach George McDonald.

Says McDonald been asking how I've been doing, how his holiday was, and not too much about football

Guess Waters ruined Burgess moment in the spotlight by telling folks he's heading to Louisville

Last edited:
Advertisement
Win/win, we get the receiver we need, free up the spot from a marginal player for one that can play

I bet Charlie Strong told Burgess to "commit" at the Marine Game on TV (with the Miami hat on the table) so it could look like UM is actually losing a recruit to Louisville.. smh

That's very likely, and why I consider Charlie Strong to be the equivalent of sand in the crack of myass.

Jerk.

Advertisement
I'm just happy we are keeping Waters. Kid can play WR and some have mentioned he could also possibly play CB, kid is the type of athlete I want. Burgess would be nice to keep, but I love our LB class with or without him.

I bet Charlie Strong told Burgess to "commit" at the Marine Game on TV (with the Miami hat on the table) so it could look like UM is actually losing a recruit to Louisville.. smh

Strong learned from Urban. That says all u need to know

Advertisement
I wish someone would just "leak" to the Herald that UM has decided to go in a different direction.

I said it in the Burgess thread, this is a big loss. For those that think otherwise are wrong. He would have been a really good player here.

Advertisement
I said it in the Burgess thread, this is a big loss. For those that think otherwise are wrong. He would have been a really good player here.

Agreed. He is a legacy that can play, how is it a good thing to lose him? Especially to a ****hole like Louisville.

So this guy is supposedly having good "practices" and suddenly people are predicting he's gonna turn into a stud? lmao. Who knows how good he ends up. All i know is that this kid has the body type of a child. I guess he could put on enough weight to compete at the college level (ala Spence) but his frame looked tiny - coin flip that he can.

So this guy is supposedly having good "practices" and suddenly people are predicting he's gonna turn into a stud? lmao. Who knows how good he ends up. All i know is that this kid has the body type of a child. I guess he could put on enough weight to compete at the college level (ala Spence) but his frame looked tiny - coin flip that he can.

I have always liked Burgess. Regardless, there are tons of small framed linebackers that do well. He has good speed, and above average awareness. He can diagnose plays well and that makes up for whatever he lacks frame wise. At this point, he really has not had a tough time shedding blocks, so what difference does it make. Technique goes a long ways.

Advertisement

If he doesn't end up here I have a feeling its because the staff told him to look elsewhere. No way a legacy kid whose committed to Miami would switch to Louisville. JMO.

Advertisement
Back