Watching this game has me thinking.....

Advertisement
Makes me think RJ and Norton wouldn’t be second string on Bama

Mcintosh starts at BAMA...**** Norton AT NOSE likely is what they want more than Payne.

Payne is a BEAST Though..will be better in nfl

I respect your knowledge of the game and local insights but there ain’t no way either start for Bama. Neither of them are strong enough to be effective 2 gap DL right now. Both rely on quickness and neither has an effective counter move. Once they’re blocked, they’re blocked, especially Norton. Their tape screams it.
Payne and Davis are 1st rounders right now.

Advertisement
Bama sends 6 on a blitz with single-high press-man coverage and Fromm hits the 80 yard TD.

If Richt can find a QB that can do that the offense will be unstoppable. Ideally we see more motion and formation variety but the reality is Richt's offense works if the defense can't put 8 in the box and dare your QB to beat 1on1 coverage.

Pitt showed the template of how to defend Rosier and Clemson/Wisconsin followed suit. I expect every team to do the same in 2018 until it's solved.

Bama schemed guys open the whole second half. Yes, the kid was electric, but they did a great job of helping him succeed. We don’t scheme guys open.

Georgia ran motion/formation stuff all night and it worked. The TD out of the wildcat comes to mind. That extra split second you freeze the LB often makes a world of difference. We don’t do that.

What a wonderful game that was. I was rooting for UGA (bet UGA and the under, ouch), but can’t do anything but tip your cap to Saban. I actually called it at halftime to the guys I watched with that Hurts might get benched. It would’ve been a much easier call to make had I known that kid was waiting on the sidelines. But not only did Saban put him in, Bama changed their whole offense to accentuate his strengths. We like to shove a round peg into a square hole, making Kaaya run read options and whatnot.

I often preach that the ability to adjust is one of the most important attributes a coach can have. Saban showed last night why he has 5 rings in 9 years. Smart out coached him in the first half. Saban went back to the drawing board at halftime and pulled Smart’s pants down in the second half. Absolute clinic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Makes me think RJ and Norton wouldn’t be second string on Bama

I don’t have time to look it up right now, but Bama’s DT made a swim move sack late in the 4th to knock UGA out of FG position. It looked like an RJ move, only the guy was way bigger, stronger and meaner. I think RJ will have a nice career in the NFL, but that play showed why he is still a project, whereas Bama-type guys are physically ready to play day 1. Their S&C program is outstanding. Those guys are huge and fast.

Advertisement
I am thankful for Malik. He gave us a memorable season. He wasn't the sole reason though. Two amazing catches (GT and FSU) saved what might have been a mediocre year. Two amazing defensive performances against ND and VT also. We need someone else to step up next year. We can be average with Malik next year but to be elite we need a better QB. No question on that.

I actually think we'll regress horribly next year if Rosier starts. Teams know his ceiling and have effectively sealed it off.

Bama sends 6 on a blitz with single-high press-man coverage and Fromm hits the 80 yard TD.

If Richt can find a QB that can do that the offense will be unstoppable. Ideally we see more motion and formation variety but the reality is Richt's offense works if the defense can't put 8 in the box and dare your QB to beat 1on1 coverage.

Pitt showed the template of how to defend Rosier and Clemson/Wisconsin followed suit. I expect every team to do the same in 2018 until it's solved.

Bama schemed guys open the whole second half. Yes, the kid was electric, but they did a great job of helping him succeed. We don’t scheme guys open.

Georgia ran motion/formation stuff all night and it worked. The TD out of the wildcat comes to mind. That extra split second you freeze the LB often makes a world of difference. We don’t do that.

What a wonderful game that was. I was rooting for UGA (bet UGA and the under, ouch), but can’t do anything but tip your cap to Saban. I actually called it at halftime to the guys I watched with that Hurts might get benched. It would’ve been a much easier call to make had I known that kid was waiting on the sidelines. But not only did Saban put him in, Bama changed their whole offense to accentuate his strengths. We like to shove a round peg into a square hole, making Kaaya run read options and whatnot.

I often preach that the ability to adjust is one of the most important attributes a coach can have. Saban showed last night why he has 5 rings in 9 years. Smart out coached him in the first half. Saban went back to the drawing board at halftime and pulled Smart’s pants down in the second half. Absolute clinic.

great post man, agree that being able to adjust is huge, Dennis was great at it for us, he would even wait till half if he saw something. It will be interesting to watch MR next year with a real QB, the scheme should be totally different than this year. A good coach with good players is gonna be able to shut down what you do best, then is when a coach earns his money, just like what we saw last night

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back