Watching Bama spring game, we win if...

Advertisement
something happens to Bryce Young between now and Sept. 4. The other QB (Baker or Barker) looked like **** in the spring game. I think we might win anyways, but with out Young, I think Bama is in trouble if they have to to go to QB2.
That’s their walk-on. The backup is Tyson. Backing him up is Milroe (who sat out).

He looked like **** well, because, he’s a 4th string walk on going against 4 and 5 star 2nd and 3rd teamers.

something happens to Bryce Young between now and Sept. 4. The other QB (Baker or Barker) looked like **** in the spring game. I think we might win anyways, but with out Young, I think Bama is in trouble if they have to to go to QB2.

Thought the same thing.

I also saw that Bama didn’t have a drop off in WR talent. Hall as a TF showed incredible hands & body control. They also have a real TE threat. Bama’s OL, ironically, looked the most suspect I’ve seen in a while. We can do some things w/ pressure against them, at first glance.

Young’s legs can be a problem for us. There’s a reason SC fans were mucho bitter at Helton for letting him slip to Bama. I don’t recall too much from their running game, as my focus was on Young. Bama also looked very fast...but, I like our chances to give them a run.

If we get blown out the building by this version of Bama, talent for talent it wouldn’t be on the players as opposed to the coaching staff. No, we don’t have the same exact talent as Bama, but w/ our age, and the talent we do have, we’re in the area. Should make them sweat, at the very least.

Advertisement
Thought the same thing.

I also saw that Bama didn’t have a drop off in WR talent. Hall as a TF showed incredible hands & body control. They also have a real TE threat. Bama’s OL, ironically, looked the most suspect I’ve seen in a while. We can do some things w/ pressure against them, at first glance.

Young’s legs can be a problem for us. There’s a reason SC fans were mucho bitter at Helton for letting him slip to Bama. I don’t recall too much from their running game, as my focus was on Young. Bama also looked very fast...but, I like our chances to give them a run.

If we get blown out the building by this version of Bama, talent for talent it wouldn’t be on the players as opposed to the coaching staff. No, we don’t have the same exact talent as Bama, but w/ our age, and the talent we do have, we’re in the area. Should make them sweat, at the very least.

I think they will take a step back offensively and that gives us a chance....but I don't think we can block their outside rushers. If we can at least slow them down a little we could make it a game. JMO

Thought the same thing.

I agree on Hall, he looks special early but I disagree about the drop off. Our veteran and talented secondary has played a TON of ball. Their WRs do not scare me one bit going up against our guys. None of their projected starters are sure thing day 1-2 guys like they have had each of the past what seems like 5 years. Their young guys, like Hall etc may be that in a year or 2 but as of the guys they will roll out there on 9/4, are not a threat to me.

Their running backs from an individual standpoint don’t really scare me either and are a drop off from what they have had recently, but just their physicality and rushing attack in general will be a problem for us because of our 2nd level guys. I just don’t see it with Bryce Young yet either, maybe it’s just me.

Last edited:
Our only chance against Bama is their trenches not being as dominant as usual & them coming out flat early while we hit the ground running right out the gate. Its encouraging to hear they didn't look as nasty as usual up front in their spring game, but I'm sure they're still head & shoulders above us inside. Just gotta bring our ultimate A game in Atlanta.

Advertisement
Gotta be at least +2 maybe +3 in turnovers.
Yeah. We will need A LOT to go our way for sure

I’m not a gloom person but we haven’t shown up in a game like this in years and maybe only once in like 15

Bama is on a completely different stratosphere when it comes to talent and coaching

I admire people that can still do this to themselves, but I just can’t

Advertisement
Yeah. We will need A LOT to go our way for sure

I’m not a gloom person but we haven’t shown up in a game like this in years and maybe only once in like 15

Bama is on a completely different stratosphere when it comes to talent and coaching

I admire people that can still do this to themselves, but I just can’t
25,000 posts and I’m not sure why you can’t accept the fact that we are deep, senior ladened, fast and talented. I’m curious, who are we capable of beating in your opinion?

I agree on Hall, he looks special early but I disagree about the drop off. Our veteran and talented secondary has played a TON of ball. Their WRs do not scare me one bit going up against our guys. None of their projected starters are sure thing day 1-2 guys like they have had each of the past what seems like 5 years. Their young guys, like Hall etc may be that in a year or 2 but as of the guys they will roll out there on 9/4, are not a threat to me.

Their running backs from an individual standpoint don’t really scare me either and are a drop off from what they have had recently, but just their physicality and rushing attack in general will be a problem for us because of our 2nd level guys. I just don’t see it with Bryce Young yet either, maybe it’s just me.

I thought both Holden & Hall looked really good & aggressive at attacking the ball, and their TE has been the talk of their spring camp, and he looks the part. But again, it’s context when I say “no drop off” regarding their WRs. I’m saying it is as a reload standpoint. Remember, they still have Metchie. But no; they are not touting out Waddle, Metchie, and Smith.

That’s why I ended my overall statement by saying we should not get ran out the building vs. this version of Bama. “Talent for Talent” we should at the VERY LEAST put fear in them losing. If we get blown out, it will not be from a talent standpoint. We got the talent to play w/ this Bama team.

And Young is a more polished Hurts, imo.

Last edited:
25,000 posts and I’m not sure why you can’t accept the fact that we are deep, senior ladened, fast and talented. I’m curious, who are we capable of beating in your opinion?
LB’s are where I am concerned right now. I’m also not sure how the DL will be. If we get some portal help - at least at LB - that’ll make a difference.

Advertisement
Pretty much everyone but Bama and Clemson

way to overreact pal

LB’s are where I am concerned right now. I’m also not sure how the DL will be. If we get some portal help - at least at LB - that’ll make a difference.
The LB’s are fast, technically sound and 210/215. We’re not big, but we are fast, can cover and tackle. The DE position will be fine once Leonard gets here. I said it when he committed, he will play primarily DE his freshman year.

Yeah not really sure how what I said could be so misunderstood

we can be a **** good, improved, talented team and still not be able to beat Bama

And I won’t turn it into a Manny bashing thread but cmon....who has the advantage Saban or Manny with all this time to prepare?

Or is watching us fail in these moments repeatedly just ignored?

anyway...this will be the most excited ive been for a Cane team in....man I can’t even remember

I’m ready. But Bama is just a different beast is all not sure how that’s controversial

Advertisement
Back