Watched the 85-86 Canes play for first time.

Advertisement

Watch this video. When Lebron went to the heat, he added 25 pounds of muscle in a span of a few months. He completely re shaped his body. When he was on the heat, he only missed 14 games in 4 years. When he would get injured, he would magically have a quick and remarkable recovery. Is that not suspicious? Lebron James is 35 years old and is arguably a better athlete than he was when he first entered the league. Explain that.

Barry Bonds nutritional plan?

Look, I am a little biased against Lebron. I personally can’t stand him. He is a disgrace to this country after what he said about China but we won’t get into that. I personally believe Lebron James is soft. He is the biggest flopper I have ever seen. He always fakes injuries. He uses steroids. The list goes on and on. Below, I posted the fight between Bird and Laimbeer. You don’t see that physicality in the NBA today.

LOL, so your example of "toughness" is a cross body tackle that would've been called a foul in any era?...seriously???...LMAO!!!

They were already trying to take the physicality out of the game to combat the “thug” narrative that was circulating about the nba as it got more black and infused with more hip hop culture in the 90s and 2000s.

After Malice in the Palace, the league went to great lengths to change the perception of the league. There is NO WAY they would allow the play style to go back to the physicality of the 80s and before.

You would literally get thrown out of the league trying to operate on the court like that.
After they took away the physicality, the NBA turned into a **** show. The NBA today sucks. It’s so hard to watch. There is a foul every 20 seconds. Their ratings are absolutely terrible

******...can you ******* read? I wrote a whole paragraph calling this dude a goofy for saying LeBron would be eaten alive in the '80s. How god**** dumb can you consistently be on this board?
Lebron is the softest athlete in sports history. He is the biggest flopper and he always fakes injuries. And when there is a RARE chance that Lebron dosent get a call to go his way, he cries like a baby about it. He is also a huge disgrace to this Country after what he said about China. He is one of the reasons why people stopped watching the NBA

Advertisement
Yea I'm not sure where that info came from, but from my search, Lebron is 105th all time in blocks (107th if you include ABA)

Yes I retracted the blocks part. I looked it up in haste because dude said he doesn't play d. The 4 years I watched him he pretty much locked down the opponents main offensive threat regardless of position.

Yes I retracted the blocks part. I looked it up in haste because dude said he doesn't play d. The 4 years I watched him he pretty much locked down the opponents main offensive threat regardless of position.
Yea Lebron was good defensively until probably last year or the year before that, he may have picked it up this year but I haven't paid attention much. In his Miami years and even before that with Cleveland he was an elite defender imo

I was born in 89, and the earliest games i remember were 99-00. The only things I know about the original dynasty is what I watched on “The U”. Biggest takeaways after watching entire game:

Testaverde had an absolute cannon and beautiful looking passes. Brian Bosworth really lived up to his billing and was all over the place making plays, but so were Melvin B and Highsmith.

Recruiting: a big thing that stuck out was UM’s roster was all FL kids and OU was all Texas and some Oklahoma kids. Recruiting wasn’t so wide spread and many kids stayed local. I know that doesn’t sound so shocking but with social media, YouTube, and recruiting services having absolutely changed recruiting from this time period, the almost entire home grown rosters for both teams was significant.

Orange Bowl: absolute chaos. I’ve been to the Rock countless times but never the OB. It was so loud, Oklahoma’s QB walked away from the line of scrimmage to ***** to the ref. Canes were actually charged a time out and warned for crowd noise. Then on one possession, 3rd and a mile deep inside the west end zone, the crowd was going so nuts that Miami’s DLinemen were all waving with their hands to calm the crowd. I’ve never seen any crowd at any college stadium get flagged for being too loud

I was at that Oklahoma game, during my freshman year. One of the best games of all time, bar none.

There were effigies of Bosworth hanging from the upper deck.

Someone got into the dorms and sold orange t-shirts that had a "middle finger" and "OU and the Boz" underneath. I bought and wore one, though I think I lost it years ago while moving.

I got two of my HS friends in for free (before the Cane Cards had a magnetic strip), so I know the Orange Bowl was WELL over capacity. Many MANY of the UM students were bringing friends' Cane Cards out of the gate to allow their non-UM friends to get in for free.

My two HS friends were Gaytors, though one was originally from Oklahoma. It was amazing to see him go from singing "Boomer Sooner" to saying nothing.

I realize that many UM fans grew up watching the 1998-2003 teams and are amazed by that talent. But the teams of the 1980s were LOADED. It was just amazing to see how hard everyone was hitting, as I was in the student section very close to the field.

Good times.

I was on that team. Our roster was filled with studs. Those where some special times. I have made so many memories from those years. Back then, our team was very close. We did everything together.

I feel that sports in general is so much different today than it was back then. Back then, it was way more physical. A great example I always use is the current NBA. If a guy like Lebron played in the 80’s and 90’s, he would get absolutely eaten alive. He wouldn’t be able to survive. Imagine the 89 and 90 pistons team or those great Celtics teams going up against Lebron. You can say the same thing about football. It’s rare to find a guy like Jerome Brown, Ray Lewis, Lawrence Taylo, Sean Taylor, ect. Those guys were the baddest dudes ever and they all played with a chip on their shoulder.

@RVACane
@IndayArtHauz
@OBLIVION

Isn't this ST26?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kid, get a life. Your just 30 year old prick who just accuses people of the most random things. Idk why you keep saying I am Sean Taylor.
The only thing you got right is that I’m a prick. And this prick is going to stick you, slapperhead

149DF00A-DEE5-42BE-B9E9-5D8EF92D80DD.gif

Advertisement
It's the same person.
I am seriously considering suing you guys. Idk why I being compared to Sean Taylor 21. It’s getting really ******* annoying. Idk who this guy is and I have never associated with him. Like seriously, stop it.

Advertisement
Back