Washington starting LG Nate Kalepo commits to ole miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Honestly don't really understand us pursuing this guy very hard ngl. Imo it shows a lack of trust in Okunlola development.
Isn't that the coaches job? To plan for this very thing. If we got to next year and Okunlola looked wholly unready, we'd say, why didn't we go after an insurance policy, its his job? I don't care if its Okunlola or anyone else, we need to have the position itself ready with 1-2 people.

You actually would trade FSU's situation from last year to this year over ours simply due to w-l record? Some people can't just see the forest for the trees, I guess.
If we not playing for w-l record what are we actually doing?. Is it about moral and character/culture building?.

I am not saying you should not go all out with portal recruiting (we did do that with the most important spot we needed, by the way) but at the same time there is nothing wrong with being strategic about it. I thought our portal haul this year filled the spots we needed, especially at qb. We are not done yet. Who cares about portal ranking as long as you fill your holes with what you need?

But I'd rather spend resources getting the top high school talent to coach and grow with a few years than 1 year wonders that will bail at the first time of distress like your team up north. If culture is a big deal to you, you build that from the ground up with kids that committed and sold to your program from the beginning. Getting guys that were recruited elsewhere, developed elsewhere, and maybe with certain ingrained habits that as a coach you may not like is always a risk. Give me a kid I can spend some time with to fix that.

We have holes at WR- Need 1 with size.
CB- Need 1 with vet reps

Their is a difference between upgrading the roster and filling holes. Your bolded would choose Corey Flagg (i wwas ok with him as a player) over Kiko because you know ..1 year wonder who will bail.

The crazy part is some of our most recent CULTURE guys were......TRANSFERS. ( J Phillips, Deriq King, Ty Stevenson, KJ Osborn)

Same boring arguments with the same boring posters
Sleep Yawn GIF

Advertisement
So, since we are t the last day to start classes, does this meanwe are not getting him?

Would it make you feel better if he had said “a coach who can’t recruit HS kids well” Because that has been true for Lane Kiffin at Ole Miss. It’s also not all his fault and I suspect things will change for him. The SEC is tough.

Trust me on this, NOTHING would make cway feel better. He is a miserable person. And he doesn't like me. And he is a well-known provocateur.

Rather than exercise any logic or context or intelligence, in order to acknowledge that the term "great recruiter" has been used, for decades, to refer to coaches who are great recruiters OF HIGH SCHOOL AND JUCO RECRUITS, he has chosen to conflate issues, blur terminology, and pluck out ONE throwaway joke about his man-crush Lane Train...so that he could pick a fight with me.

It's all good. I know cway's schtick. I know what kind of games he plays.

Yes, I'm insane because I insinuated that a great recruiter of HS/JuCo players wouldn't have THREE available slots for transfer kids in late January. While the Lane Train riders try to tell me that Lane is SAVING scholarships the way that Mario saves timeouts.

Ridiculous.

Advertisement
Yes... Either Miami or Ole Miss today. If he does not make a decision today and goes into the next portal window, then I believe he goes to Ole Miss. I believe Miami will only take him now, to get him going ASAP. If not today, then Miami might pivot elsewhere and start putting in work for the next portal window. Personally I think a decision will come today, which I would say swings a bit better for Miami but it's tight!
Do you know when the last day to register for classes at Ole Miss is?

I don't know the date for Ole Miss but im sure they would have slots available in the next portal window too.

Absolutely. As the Lane Train fanboys have told us, "he's saving spots"...

All joking aside, he is considering May/June enrollment? Just curious.

Advertisement
Ole Miss spring semester

ring Term 2024​

DatesDaysEvents
October 9 to October 30Monday to MondayAcademic Advising (for winter session and spring)
October 23 to November 6Monday to MondayPriority Registration (for winter session and spring)
October 23 to November 30Monday to ThursdayPhase 1 registration period (for winter session and spring)
December 1Friday$50 registration fee assessed this date. Phase 2 registration.
January 15MondayMARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. HOLIDAY (Administrative Offices closed.)
*January 22MondayStart of First Spring Term
*January 24WednesdayLast day to officially cancel registration and avoid responsibility for payment of tuition and fees.
*January 25ThursdayClasses begin; registration fee ($100) assessed this date; 100% refund (less 5% of fees or $100, whichever is less) on withdrawals through *January 30. Phase 3 registration.
*January 30TuesdayLast day to register or add classes. Refund period ends.
*January 31Wednesday$10 fee assessed per drop or add.
*February 1ThursdayMandatory drop date for non-attendance.
February 6TuesdayDeadline for course withdrawals (no refund; refund period ended *January 30).
February 28WednesdayClasses end.
March 4 – 5Monday to TuesdayFinal Examinations.

Ole Miss spring semester

ring Term 2024​

DatesDaysEvents
October 9 to October 30Monday to MondayAcademic Advising (for winter session and spring)
October 23 to November 6Monday to MondayPriority Registration (for winter session and spring)
October 23 to November 30Monday to ThursdayPhase 1 registration period (for winter session and spring)
December 1Friday$50 registration fee assessed this date. Phase 2 registration.
January 15MondayMARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. HOLIDAY (Administrative Offices closed.)
*January 22MondayStart of First Spring Term
*January 24WednesdayLast day to officially cancel registration and avoid responsibility for payment of tuition and fees.
*January 25ThursdayClasses begin; registration fee ($100) assessed this date; 100% refund (less 5% of fees or $100, whichever is less) on withdrawals through *January 30. Phase 3 registration.
*January 30TuesdayLast day to register or add classes. Refund period ends.
*January 31Wednesday$10 fee assessed per drop or add.
*February 1ThursdayMandatory drop date for non-attendance.
February 6TuesdayDeadline for course withdrawals (no refund; refund period ended *January 30).
February 28WednesdayClasses end.
March 4 – 5Monday to TuesdayFinal Examinations.

I'm just happy to see that Ole Miss recognizes the Martin Luther King holiday...

👀

SARCASM DISCLAIMER: In the unlikely event that any poster besides cway misunderstands the comment above, it was a joke....

Advertisement
Yes... Either Miami or Ole Miss today. If he does not make a decision today and goes into the next portal window, then I believe he goes to Ole Miss. I believe Miami will only take him now, to get him going ASAP. If not today, then Miami might pivot elsewhere and start putting in work for the next portal window. Personally I think a decision will come today, which I would say swings a bit better for Miami but it's tight!
If he doesn’t decide today he’s decided. Today is last day to enroll at Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back