Washington starting LG Nate Kalepo commits to ole miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Totally disagree. We just started Lou Cristobal over McCoy and Kinsler in the bowl game. We absolutely need an established replacement for Cohen on that alone.
I agree but also I really don’t put much stock in that bowl game either

Cohen is a big loss I don’t see a fit (yet) to replace him other than Mauigoa and he’s probably more valuable at tackle

I don’t want Rivers to move to LG

But these coaches got this so I’m not worried

Advertisement
Advertisement
My concern is cb , solid tall wr and maybe another solid lb . Im hope bothe Scott and other freshman are solid
Corner is nowhere near as big of an issue as safety right now. By mid season that might be accurate depending how quick zaquan integrates into the defense without being a liability or possibly markieth or the Oklahoma commit from last season. Both will be helped tremendously by a solid dline.

Correct me if I’m wrong but my understanding is we don’t have to be below the 85 cap until Fall? I Thought we were already over the 85 and that would get worked out with departures in Spring/Summer. Or are you already factoring in who you know will leave before fall in there being only 1 spot left?
No. As of right this second we're at 84. Scholarships can't be extended beyond 85. Unless as with everything else in college nope there's been more rule changes I'm not aware of.

Advertisement
Corner is nowhere near as big of an issue as safety right now. By mid season that might be accurate depending how quick zaquan integrates into the defense without being a liability or possibly markieth or the Oklahoma commit from last season. Both will be helped tremendously by a solid dline.
You feel better about the numbers at corner?

Correct me if I’m wrong but my understanding is we don’t have to be below the 85 cap until Fall? I Thought we were already over the 85 and that would get worked out with departures in Spring/Summer. Or are you already factoring in who you know will leave before fall in there being only 1 spot left?
The way I understand it is that you always have to be at or below the 85 cap. But the guys that did not early enroll are not counting towards the cap at the moment. So we essentially have until the rest of the freshmen enroll to sort out the numbers situation.

No. As of right this second we're at 84. Scholarships can't be extended beyond 85. Unless as with everything else in college nope there's been more rule changes I'm not aware of.
I believe there was a rule change but maybe instead of continuing to guess I should summon the NCAA encyclopedia @TheOriginalCane for clarity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back