Washington starting LG Nate Kalepo commits to ole miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
No issues with the take if he's someone they want.

However, I thought spots were tight, we only had one official left and had other needs that were bigger priorities.

I know the can get around the officials thing, but numbers? There must be even more spring cleaning turnover coming than I expected.

Advertisement
Gaby said they tried getting a WR but it didn’t come together and they’ll wait to the spring now

I’ve been saying for years players , coaches , scouts and GM’s laugh at PFF. It’s pure garbage. The only people who pay attention to it are the nerds that made it and fans. Nobody else. It means nothing and tells nothing. Go watch film.

I remember years ago the Jags played the Packers. You watched the game and saw how terrible Blake Bortles was but he somehow had a higher PFF grade than Rodgers who clearly outplayed him. The internet ppl used that to try and justify unspeakable things.

I’ve been saying for years players , coaches , scouts and GM’s laugh at PFF. It’s pure garbage. The only people who pay attention to it are the nerds that made it and fans. Nobody else. It means nothing and tells nothing. Go watch film.

Well said,, sir, but you have people here that are going to look for any possible negative in a very positive situation. Got to keep stoking the flames of negativity.

An objective evaluation is one thing, saying he had some objectively bad plays against the number one team in the country is a legitimate observation, but then you have people pulling wild *** opinions out of their *** who don’t even know anything about this guy or actual performance, or how he would project versus OUR competition.

Advertisement
I remember years ago the Jags played the Packers. You watched the game and saw how terrible Blake Bortles was but he somehow had a higher PFF grade than Rodgers who clearly outplayed him. The internet ppl used that to try and justify unspeakable things.
I saw smart football people on Canes You tube breaking down a Miami game and were blaming Tyrique for a bust because they “ assumed “ it was cover 3. Well it was actually a zone / man combo coverage where one side of the field was zone and the other man. From the naked eye it looked like cover 3 but wasn’t. Well if a PFF nerd graded that the person who blew the coverage wouldn’t have been blamed. Once again it’s trash.

It’s just one play.

He played poorly against Michigan which was preceded by a rough game against Texas.

I’m not saying he sucks, but some people on here are worried about him pushing out Kinsler and McCoy.

What in trying to say is that they’re in the same ballpark skill-wise and physically.
He looked good against that Texas all American and all big 12 front...this guy also brings championship experience...Mario knows how to build a championship OL...

Confused by your comment and seeking clarification. Ward played at Washington State and Kalepo played at Washington so what is the connection? Not trying to start a typing war, but just wanted to know if there is something going on behind the scenes.
He means that OL would want to play in front of someone like Ward. Ward’s rep bringing in quality guys

That Texas DL is really **** good as well. Sweat and Murphy were the top 2 rated interior defensive linemen in PFF. Number 5 was Mason Graham.

So yeah, not going to judge a kid too harshly if he gave up some plays against 3 of the top DTs in the game. We won't be playing against players of that caliber all too often next year.

Exactly. McCoy was lost against Rutgers and probably a reason Big Lou started.

Hopefully getting this guy or someone else at LG gives Kinsler and McCoy move time to develop.

Advertisement
Confused by your comment and seeking clarification. Ward played at Washington State and Kalepo played at Washington so what is the connection? Not trying to start a typing war, but just wanted to know if there is something going on behind the scenes.
Talking I think about the safety transfer

Hopefully the second unit is bought in, because this type of move can only help those guys for 2025. Second unit will get a ton of game reps in 2024 as well.

Advertisement
No issues with the take if he's someone they want.

However, I thought spots were tight, we only had one official left and had other needs that were bigger priorities.

I know the can get around the officials thing, but numbers? There must be even more spring cleaning turnover coming than I expected.

I wonder if another spot is gonna open up? Potential unexpected (or expected) transfer somewhere?

Why don't you like this take? He's a 3 year starter from Washington.

He's not a 3 year starter. This is the only complete season he has started. Last year he was a starter for the first 3 or 4 games and then didn't start again.

Advertisement
I saw smart football people on Canes You tube breaking down a Miami game and were blaming Tyrique for a bust because they “ assumed “ it was cover 3. Well it was actually a zone / man combo coverage where one side of the field was zone and the other man. From the naked eye it looked like cover 3 but wasn’t. Well if a PFF nerd graded that the person who blew the coverage wouldn’t have been blamed. Once again it’s trash.

That YouTuber was probably Chris.

I trust my eye test more than some one telling me what they think player x should do each play and then grading them on their view of said play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back