Washington starting LG Nate Kalepo commits to ole miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
How anyone could doubt, or question Mario and Mirabel on Olineman need is beyond me. Give him **** about game management etc, but OLINE?! TF outta here. If they think we need an Olineman over whoever is here, they know best.
Yeah we can critique meathead…I mean marvelous Mario on game day coaching, time outs etc…but I’m not questioning him or Maribel on OLine
So Mario, keep stacking!!

I’ve been saying for years players , coaches , scouts and GM’s laugh at PFF. It’s pure garbage. The only people who pay attention to it are the nerds that made it and fans. Nobody else. It means nothing and tells nothing. Go watch film.

The moment for me was when Mcdonaldson had the highest OL PFF one week and he was mid that game.

Cool. You doubled down on your opinion so we’d love to hear your breakdown as to why you feel that way
Screenshot_20240119_100454_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
Stepped on his centers foot.
And actually up until he stepped on his foot, he played that play perfectly. Used his hands first, had better leverage, took the impact and was just about to reset his base. That's when he stepped on the centers foot and got ran over as he didn't have his legs under him.

Context is very important. Posting this play to show he ain't good is reckless.

I'm not high on Mccoy and obviously not Lou. Kinsler and Pancake at Guard are unknowns rn. If you get this guy sounds good to me.

Went back and looked at film vs oregon, Texas and Michigan and he definitely held his own and played well especially against texas and Oregon and held his own against michigan.

I’ve been saying for years players , coaches , scouts and GM’s laugh at PFF. It’s pure garbage. The only people who pay attention to it are the nerds that made it and fans. Nobody else. It means nothing and tells nothing. Go watch film.

Travon Walker has 26 tackles 11 sacks in 2023 per PFF. He's graded a 53.9.
Aiden Hutchinson has 30 sacks and 11 sacks in 2023 per PFF. He's graded a 91.

lmfao how in the ****?

Before anyone says "w31L rUn DeFen53"...I've literally watched every snap 44 has taken in his career and he's a stud against the run and is very disruptive on plays where he's not getting credit for much (hurries and in the backfield against the run where another play cleans up the run after Travon blew it up). He's a disruptive player and has gotten so much better in 2023...and his 2022 grade was 60.5. And if anyone would suggest when he's not doing that, he's getting blown up...this freak rarely, if ever gets blown up. He's a null (stalemate) at worst with most matchups.

Josh Allen had 19 sacks. 19!!!!! and 35 tackles and graded an 89.5 lmfao. Josh Allen literally won games by himself in 2023.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
My opinion is based loosely on his tape/skill level/ ceiling in addition to my own roster management philosophy.

He's going to be a 6th year player with 3 years of starting and good coaching. He's probably already at his peak/ceiling. And he's still not ready for the NFL. And he's not a no doubt/plug-in starter here.

I'd rather bet on my own second and 3rd year players who trusted me to come and give them the chance to compete rather than potentially pushing them out because I brought in a 6th year guy who doesn't elevate the room that much.

Basically, I wouldn't waste a scholarship on him and risk pushing out a younger guy who hasn't hit his ceiling/peak yet because he wasn't given the time and opportunities and coaching to yet.

Like I said, I personally don't like it. But trust Mario/Mirabel with OLs.

Mario has a history with this kid.

Kalepo has impressive measurables and versatility. I'm sure Mario views him like Cohen; an experienced tone-setter trying to elevate his draft stock.

He would be a a reliable veteran who elevates the competition.

Last edited:
Travon Walker has 26 tackles 11 sacks in 2023 per PFF. He's graded a 53.9.
Aiden Hutchinson has 30 sacks and 11 sacks in 2023 per PFF. He's graded a 91.

lmfao how in the ****?

Before anyone says "w31L rUn DeFen53"...I've literally watched every snap 44 has taken in his career and he's a stud against the run and is very disruptive on plays where he's not getting credit for much (hurries and in the backfield against the run where another play cleans up the run after Travon blew it up). He's a disruptive player and has gotten so much better in 2023...and his 2022 grade was 60.5. And if anyone would suggest when he's not doing that, he's getting blown up...this freak rarely, if ever gets blown up. He's a null (stalemate) at worst with most matchups.

Josh Allen had 19 sacks. 19!!!!! and 35 tackles and graded an 89.5 lmfao. Josh Allen literally won games by himself in 2023.

The hate is real for Travon for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back