Washington starting LG Nate Kalepo commits to ole miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool. You doubled down on your opinion so we’d love to hear your breakdown as to why you feel that way
My opinion is based loosely on his tape/skill level/ ceiling in addition to my own roster management philosophy.

He's going to be a 6th year player with 3 years of starting and good coaching. He's probably already at his peak/ceiling. And he's still not ready for the NFL. And he's not a no doubt/plug-in starter here.

I'd rather bet on my own second and 3rd year players who trusted me to come and give them the chance to compete rather than potentially pushing them out because I brought in a 6th year guy who doesn't elevate the room that much.

Basically, I wouldn't waste a scholarship on him and risk pushing out a younger guy who hasn't hit his ceiling/peak yet because he wasn't given the time and opportunities and coaching to yet.

Like I said, I personally don't like it. But trust Mario/Mirabel with OLs.

Advertisement
I saw smart football people on Canes You tube breaking down a Miami game and were blaming Tyrique for a bust because they “ assumed “ it was cover 3. Well it was actually a zone / man combo coverage where one side of the field was zone and the other man. From the naked eye it looked like cover 3 but wasn’t. Well if a PFF nerd graded that the person who blew the coverage wouldn’t have been blamed. Once again it’s trash.

It’s not trash if it furthers some peeps agenda.

He's not a 3 year starter. This is the only complete season he has started. Last year he was a starter for the first 3 or 4 games and then didn't start again.
I guess the Washington website saying played in doesn't mean he started those games.

I’ve been saying for years players , coaches , scouts and GM’s laugh at PFF. It’s pure garbage. The only people who pay attention to it are the nerds that made it and fans. Nobody else. It means nothing and tells nothing. Go watch film.

College PFF is even worse than NFL lol.

Last edited:
It’s just one play.

He played poorly against Michigan which was preceded by a rough game against Texas.

I’m not saying he sucks, but some people on here are worried about him pushing out Kinsler and McCoy.

What in trying to say is that they’re in the same ballpark skill-wise and physically.
I'm not sure how good he is or isn't but I kinda want to see what our guys can do

Advertisement
I’ve been saying for years players , coaches , scouts and GM’s laugh at PFF. It’s pure garbage. The only people who pay attention to it are the nerds that made it and fans. Nobody else. It means nothing and tells nothing. Go watch film.

Even us fans see through it. I’ve seen some of our players be rated high and watching the game I saw them make blunder after blunder. It’s a classic case of over analyzing something and completely missing the mark. Also, if PFF is supporting my argument, I’m deleting/scrapping the post and rethinking my position.

Schools only use PFF for snap counts and you can actually have access to individual plays from a college game. I know Catapult uses it in their Transfer Portal platform.

Advertisement
Nah lol. I actually like and respect the guy that made the error so there’s no need to put him on blast. He wasn’t the only one either. Just making a point.
Exactly. Most people don’t know the coverages or blocking schemes (rules) that result in “busts”

Same thing with QB reads. Hard to really criticize unless you know what they are being coached to look at based off the looks presented.

He has championship level experience so I'm here for it, just hoping the younger guys will be patient. It's wild how quickly the OL room has been flipped from a talent standpoint. We have a 5 star that may not even crack the starting rotation.

My opinion is based loosely on his tape/skill level/ ceiling in addition to my own roster management philosophy.

He's going to be a 6th year player with 3 years of starting and good coaching. He's probably already at his peak/ceiling. And he's still not ready for the NFL. And he's not a no doubt/plug-in starter here.

I'd rather bet on my own second and 3rd year players who trusted me to come and give them the chance to compete rather than potentially pushing them out because I brought in a 6th year guy who doesn't elevate the room that much.

Basically, I wouldn't waste a scholarship on him and risk pushing out a younger guy who hasn't hit his ceiling/peak yet because he wasn't given the time and opportunities and coaching to yet.

Just want to point out that bringing in a transfer doesn't mean that you're not giving your home grown players a "chance" to compete.

We've brought in plenty of transfers that don't start. Let your players step up and beat them out if they're that good. Mario doesn't seem to hand out Starting jobs.

Devante Brown is a great example. We all thought he would be a starter here. Other like Gore, Lichtenstein, etc.

Stack chips and compete.

Advertisement
Gaby said they tried getting a WR but it didn’t come together and they’ll wait to the spring now
Mario is competent at roster construction & a good recruiter. If we need one, he’ll get one. Plenty of veteran WR would jump at the chance to play with Cam & chemistry should be easy to develop. JMO

if this kid comes here there isn’t a place for those guys to start at least barring injury. Would be the best 2nd unit in all of CFB but realistically I can’t see no attrition unless that group is just all locked in together and realize that LT C and RG open after this year (I have Cooper heading to NFL after an amazing season)
The OL was incredibly lucky with injuries last year. Non of the starters missed time. Can’t expect that year after year. This gives Canes 8 playable OL and a lot of flexibility

Well he’s a better LG than what we have here now. Will force Louie out also McCoy was that impressive to me when he came in much rather this kid from Washington

Advertisement
Exactly. Most people don’t know the coverages or blocking schemes (rules) that result in “busts”

Same thing with QB reads. Hard to really criticize unless you know what they are being coached to look at based off the looks presented.
So, you're saying message board geniuses aren't really geniuses.

It’s just one play.

He played poorly against Michigan which was preceded by a rough game against Texas.

I’m not saying he sucks, but some people on here are worried about him pushing out Kinsler and McCoy.

What in trying to say is that they’re in the same ballpark skill-wise and physically.
A starter on a playoff team OL is in the same ballpark skill wise and physically as 2 guys who haven’t seen the field for any meaningful time? Maybe I’m misreading what you’re saying there. If so I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back