Washington DB Mishael Powell (Visiting UM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d even throw Dean and Heurtelou somewhere in the middle and probably give them the check mark. Heurtelou started 25 games for us and Dean led the team in interceptions as a senior.

Absolutely not. Lol. Dean was horrid here. Yes, he was tied w/ 3 ints , but do u recall how he got those 3 ints? It’s not like he was playing lock down coverage & hawked the ball. He lost his spot & was a JAG vs. being the hyped up top JUCO CB we “stole” from Bama. I remember how “Big Huert and Wyche” were going to be war daddies. Lol

They gets zero check marks, neither of em.

Advertisement
On a side note, Washington's gameday experience is one of the best in the country. Absolutely electric atmosphere.

I travel to big games at historic / unique venues and try to take in all of the local traditions. I was at Oregon @ Washington this year. I'd give it a solid B+, "its worth the trip but I'd go back to other places first." Hit the gameday set at 6am local time, then did sail-gaiting taking the boat up to the stadium, excellent game, and joined the field storming. The scenery is absolutely as good as it gets on that campus.

People thought I was odd carrying around a bag of beers and pocket shots at 7am, post game scene was meh at best. I prefer a more intense and less family friendly gameday experience but that's just my preference. If I was taking the wife and son, I'd give it an A.

JUCO kids we’ve had (From what I recall):

Jeremy Shockey - ✅
Jerome McDougle - ✅
Bryant McKinnie - ✅
Ivan Mercer - ❌
Talib Humphrey - ❌
Alton Wright - ❌
Tyler McMeans - ❌
Patrick Hill - ❌
Delmar Taylor - ❌
Chase Ford - ❌
Darius Smith - ❌
Dalton Botts - ✅
LaDarius Gunter* - ✅
Ufomba Kamalu* - ✅
Beau Sandland - ❌
Michael Wyche - ❌
Calvin Heurtelou - ❌
Jerome Washington - ❌
Jahir Jones - ❌
Dayall Harris - ❌
Jhavante Dean - ❌
Ousman Traore - ❌
Lou Hedley - ✅
Colbie Young ✅
Shemar Kirk - TBD
Demetrius Freeney - TBD

So far, we have a 33% hit ratio on the JUCO players we’ve brought in; but if Kirk &/or Freeney become nothing more than JAGs taking up roster spots, we’ll be at a 31% hit ratio. 2 of our 8 guys were punters. This list doesn’t even include the slew of military prep guys we had come through who were absolutely ****. So we’re at about a 1:3 ratio in recruiting JUCO players, if my memory is correct and I captured all the JUCO guys from 1999-present.
On the positive side it looks like Mario is hitting 100% with 2 TBD. Small sample size of course.

Absolutely not. Lol. Dean was horrid here. Yes, he was tied w/ 3 ints , but do u recall how he got those 3 ints? It’s not like he was playing lock down coverage & hawked the ball. He lost his spot & was a JAG vs. being the hyped up top JUCO CB we “stole” from Bama. I remember how “Big Huert and Wyche” were going to be war daddies. Lol

Then i motion to remove the check mark from Kamalu because he was part of the same sorry defensive line as Huertelou. Lol

I actually thought Huert was a solid player. Kamalu too. Wyche… I only remember the A gap stunt being the highlight of his career.

I’d even throw Dean and Heurtelou somewhere in the middle and probably give them the check mark. Heurtelou started 25 games for us and Dean led the team in interceptions as a senior.
What was wrong with Pat Hill? He was a wrecking ball here. He played fullback. It's not like his stats were going to make him look great. Very few fullbacks even get drafted.

Advertisement
That’s I’d even throw Dean and Heurtelou somewhere in the middle and probably give them the check mark. Heurtelou started 25 games for us and Dean led the team in interceptions as a senior.
Jhavonte Dean.

star wars GIF

Definitely a need and would be a big addition.

But "can't afford to whiff"? Let's not overreact. It's been done 100,000 times this cycle.

Visits reset and there will be a new wave of transfers post-Spring. Mario will add talent then too.
Only reason I put it in that category is the importance of being here in the spring. There’s a learning curve to Guidry’s defense mainly for the secondary because of what they’re asked to do and the calls they make. He 3 of the top 4 in the rotation at safety would be new guys.

But not getting someone for the spring could also allow a younger guy to step up and maybe artificially build depth. Only positive I see

Jeremy Shockey - ✅
Jerome McDougle - ✅
Bryant McKinnie - ✅
Ivan Mercer - ❌
Talib Humphrey - ❌
Alton Wright - ❌
Tyler McMeans - ❌
Patrick Hill - ❌
Delmar Taylor - ❌
Chase Ford - ❌
Darius Smith - ❌
Dalton Botts - ✅
LaDarius Gunter* - ✅
Ufomba Kamalu* - ✅
Beau Sandland - ❌
Michael Wyche - ❌
Calvin Heurtelou - ❌
Jerome Washington - ❌
Jahir Jones - ❌
Dayall Harris - ❌
Jhavante Dean - ❌
Ousman Traore - ❌
Lou Hedley - ✅
Colbie Young ✅
Shemar Kirk - TBD
Demetrius Freeney - TBD

So far, we have a 33% hit ratio on the JUCO players we’ve brought in; but if Kirk &/or Freeney become nothing more than JAGs taking up roster spots, we’ll be at a 31% hit ratio. 2 of our 8 guys were punters. This list doesn’t even include the slew of military prep guys we had come through who were absolutely ****. So we’re at about a 1:3 ratio in recruiting JUCO players, if my memory is correct and I captured all the JUCO guys from 1999-present.
Good old Tyler McTurnstyle. We all thought he was going to be extra special because of his 4 years of military combat training. He turned out to just be a giant turnstyle instead

I travel to big games at historic / unique venues and try to take in all of the local traditions. I was at Oregon @ Washington this year. I'd give it a solid B+, "its worth the trip but I'd go back to other places first." Hit the gameday set at 6am local time, then did sail-gaiting taking the boat up to the stadium, excellent game, and joined the field storming. The scenery is absolutely as good as it gets on that campus.

People thought I was odd carrying around a bag of beers and pocket shots at 7am, post game scene was meh at best. I prefer a more intense and less family friendly gameday experience but that's just my preference. If I was taking the wife and son, I'd give it an A.
Sounds like an excellent way to live

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

Advertisement

Jeremy Shockey - ✅
Jerome McDougle - ✅
Bryant McKinnie - ✅
Ivan Mercer - ❌
Talib Humphrey - ❌
Alton Wright - ❌
Tyler McMeans - ❌
Patrick Hill - ❌
Delmar Taylor - ❌
Chase Ford - ❌
Darius Smith - ❌
Dalton Botts - ✅
LaDarius Gunter* - ✅
Ufomba Kamalu* - ✅
Beau Sandland - ❌
Michael Wyche - ❌
Calvin Heurtelou - ❌
Jerome Washington - ❌
Jahir Jones - ❌
Dayall Harris - ❌
Jhavante Dean - ❌
Ousman Traore - ❌
Lou Hedley - ✅
Colbie Young ✅
Shemar Kirk - TBD
Demetrius Freeney - TBD

This is a list off all time whiffs. Just Wow.

Talib Humphrey - ❌
Alton Wright - ❌
Delmar Taylor - ❌
Chase Ford - ❌
Darius Smith - ❌
Beau Sandland - ❌
Michael Wyche - ❌
Calvin Heurtelou - ❌
Jerome Washington - ❌
Jahir Jones - ❌
Dayall Harris - ❌
Jhavante Dean - ❌
Ousman Traore - ❌

Jeremy Shockey - ✅
Jerome McDougle - ✅
Bryant McKinnie - ✅
Ivan Mercer - ❌
Talib Humphrey - ❌
Alton Wright - ❌
Tyler McMeans - ❌
Patrick Hill - ❌
Delmar Taylor - ❌
Chase Ford - ❌
Darius Smith - ❌
Dalton Botts - ✅
LaDarius Gunter* - ✅
Ufomba Kamalu* - ✅
Beau Sandland - ❌
Michael Wyche - ❌
Calvin Heurtelou - ❌
Jerome Washington - ❌
Jahir Jones - ❌
Dayall Harris - ❌
Jhavante Dean - ❌
Ousman Traore - ❌
Lou Hedley - ✅
Colbie Young ✅
Shemar Kirk - TBD
Demetrius Freeney - TBD

Put some respect on Pat Hills name!

(Good stuff though thanks for this)

Advertisement

Jeremy Shockey - ✅
Jerome McDougle - ✅
Bryant McKinnie - ✅
Ivan Mercer - ❌
Talib Humphrey - ❌
Alton Wright - ❌
Tyler McMeans - ❌
Patrick Hill - ❌
Delmar Taylor - ❌
Chase Ford - ❌
Darius Smith - ❌
Dalton Botts - ✅
LaDarius Gunter* - ✅
Ufomba Kamalu* - ✅
Beau Sandland - ❌
Michael Wyche - ❌
Calvin Heurtelou - ❌
Jerome Washington - ❌
Jahir Jones - ❌
Dayall Harris - ❌
Jhavante Dean - ❌
Ousman Traore - ❌
Lou Hedley - ✅
Colbie Young ✅
Shemar Kirk - TBD
Demetrius Freeney - TBD

Surprised Chase Ford did ok in the league and was in it for a good while. Pause

I still can't believe how I let ppl hype me up about Dean smh

Advertisement

Jeremy Shockey - ✅
Jerome McDougle - ✅
Bryant McKinnie - ✅
Ivan Mercer - ❌
Talib Humphrey - ❌
Alton Wright - ❌
Tyler McMeans - ❌
Patrick Hill - ❌
Delmar Taylor - ❌
Chase Ford - ❌
Darius Smith - ❌
Dalton Botts - ✅
LaDarius Gunter* - ✅
Ufomba Kamalu* - ✅
Beau Sandland - ❌
Michael Wyche - ❌
Calvin Heurtelou - ❌
Jerome Washington - ❌
Jahir Jones - ❌
Dayall Harris - ❌
Jhavante Dean - ❌
Ousman Traore - ❌
Lou Hedley - ✅
Colbie Young ✅
Shemar Kirk - TBD
Demetrius Freeney - TBD

Do we not count Jalen Phillips as a transfer?

Then i motion to remove the check mark from Kamalu because he was part of the same sorry defensive line as Huertelou. Lol

I actually thought Huert was a solid player. Kamalu too. Wyche… I only remember the A gap stunt being the highlight of his career.

Lol; Kamalu was voted Miami’s DPOY his Sr, champ. He put up solid numbers throughout his tenure here at the DT position.

Kamalu put up
88 Total Tackles
8 sacks
11.5 TFLs
1 FF
1 FR (Defensive TD)
1 Int (returned 46 yrds)
2 PBUs

Calvin Heurtelou was the exact opposite;
46 Total Tackles
.5 sacks
3 TFLs

I think u’re sorely misremembering how both these players played during their tenure here. There’s a reason why Ufombu was around the league for a bit, winning a SB & Heurtelou didn’t make it past camp, including landing on a practice squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back