Washington DB Mishael Powell (Visiting UM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
6’6 frame (pause). His best was when Rudolph went down for Minnesota & he came to fill in for several games. But, in the end he was mainly a PS guy. It also helped that a seldom used TE from the U by the name of Jimmy Graham who was 6’7 killing the league. Minnesota hoped Ford would be their hidden Graham, but it didn’t pan out that way.

The NFL is a copycat league, & Ford was the benefactor of Jimmy for a bit b4 it was realized he wasn’t Jimmy.
Facts

Advertisement
I wouldn't go that far just yet. We need another starting caliber safety IMO. Harris, Williams, Riley, Taylor and Zay Patterson are solid depth pieces and I fully expect the latter name to be pushing for a starting spot by midseason. Would love to see Kaleb Spencer come on as well but he's still young. It really sucks that he isn't enrolling early and probably why we need another starter added to the mix.

We also need another top-4 corner to play alongside Porter, Damari and Richard. I think Ryan Mack is going to get into the mix along with Stafford, but would be nice to have another veteran there as well.

Overall, I think it's a B+ level defense (our front 7 is really good) that could potentially be A- level with a couple more additions on the backend.
Harris has played well and has earned an opportunity to get a shiot at one spot. I’d prefer one more to come in to challenge / push him but he has very good potential. Athletically he’s a nice upgrade. My focus would be at cb, wr and te after we land the Washington safety.

Last edited:
Davis has played well and has earned an opportunity to get a shiot at one spot. I’d prefer one more to come in to challenge / push him but he has very good potential. Athletically he’s a nice upgrade. My focus would be at cb, wr and te after we land the Washington safety.
off topic, but we waiting til after spring to address those positions?

I just don’t get how we ran into this back to back years? How did they not adjust knowing they ran up against it last year
I get what you are saying but it feels like Mario is doing anything and everything to get as much top end talent on campus as possible. I can see how he would have moved a few OVs up into last year and may be running into the same issue this year in that pursuit. At some point he's going to have to play the UOV/OV game and pay up because it will catch up to him.

Advertisement
Davis has played well and has earned an opportunity to get a shiot at one spot. I’d prefer one more to come in to challenge / push him but he has very good potential. Athletically he’s a nice upgrade. My focus would be at cb, wr and te after we land the Washington safety.
If the Washington comes and takes on safety spot you got Davis at free safety and the corners set with Brown and Porter. Who plays in the slot?

Advertisement
If the Washington comes and takes on safety spot you got Davis at free safety and the corners set with Brown and Porter. Who plays in the slot?
I know the long term plan for Damari was star which with his size would be perfect. Maybe that changes . 25 played pretty well at the end of the year so he could be an option outside. I’d still go get another cb

Advertisement
Dam he got me. At first I was like who tf is Davis. I used context clues to figure out he was talking about safeties and then I legit said to myself, "Oh yea Jaden Davis, how could I forget!"
I can’t stop. Just like I kept calling Ecu Marshall when talking about Antoine. Once I get something in my head I can’t stop lol.

Advertisement
At some point we're gonna have to trust the HS kids we've recruited at CB and safety. Stafford, Harris, Spencer, Markeith, and Damari (obviously). All plenty talented enough and recruited by the big boys, Addae (or whoever replaces him) needs to get them ready to at least be rotational players.

Having said that, bring me Powell and Amos lol

At some point we're gonna have to trust the HS kids we've recruited at CB and safety. Stafford, Harris, Spencer, Markeith, and Damari (obviously). All plenty talented enough and recruited by the big boys, Addae (or whoever replaces him) needs to get them ready to at least be rotational players.

Having said that, bring me Powell and Amos lol
Spencer is a guy to watch. That guy looks like a monster. Size wise he makes JW look small. Very thick

PAUSE

Last edited:
We took the kid from Vandy earlier. Are you thinking that he's not starting caliber? Or at least provides competition for Jaden Harris?
I think he’s top 4 caliber but I don’t think he’s a starter just yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back