Was Pitt and Clemson loses a trend

It seems to me that most posters were not overly alarmed by Pitt and Clemson losses. Before these losses it appeared we were the real deal and headed for the 4 team playoff. Then the shock of losing to a bad Pitt game and crushed by Clemson. You can put most of the blame on Rosier and some injuries. I think these loses may reveal that we are years away from becoming the team we all want and expect. Depth still a problem and questionable coaching on both sides of ball is an occasional problem. I think this team is now in a funk and Wisconsin will beat us. If you check my earliest posts when I joined this forum I stated that our offense is at best average and it will be the weakest area of our team. I predicted a 3 loss season. Next year will be the year we find out if we headed for greatness or remain a 2-3 loss good team but not the great team we all are hoping for.

The fact that you didn't mention the OL tells me you have not the slightest clue wtf you're talking about.

Three people cost us the loss CMR CJR AND ROSIER.

NEXT LOSS WISCONSIN AFTER THAT LSU NEXT YEAR.

WTF did you expect Richt to have done for this year? Start one of the other, even worse QBs? I assume CJR is his son, and that you'd have liked him to turn Rosier into Joe Montana. Those guys should get medals for getting 10 wins out of Rosier with almost no run support. Seriously, with the OL and QB we have 10 wins is a miracle. At least lay the blame where it belongs, don't act like Richt could have call just the passes Rosier would make.

Also, GO FCKING FCK YOURSELF YOU FLAMING PILE OF EXCREMENT. GET THE FCK OFF MY BOARD WITH YOUR PREDICTIONS OF FUTURE LOSSES YOU GIGANTIC ****. TROLLIN *** BTCH.

I AM A HUGE HCMR FAN ESPECIALLY SINCE I FOLLOWED HIM DURING HIS TIME AT GEORGIA BUT HE NEEDED TO RECRUIT A GREAT QB SINCE DECEMBER 4 2015 WHO DID HE BRING INTO WIN FOR MIAMI? WHERE WERE THEY THIS SEASON? WE LOST BECAUSE WE DIDN'T HAVE THE TALENT AT QB. WHY DON'T WE HAVE A EXPERIENCED QB COACH OR FORMER PRO COACHING THE QBS. WITHOUT MANNY DIAZ THE DC
WOULD WE HAVE BEATEN FSU, VIRGINIA, GT, AND UNC? THE THING IS WE DIDN'T HAVE TO LOSE WITH JUST A OKAY QB WE WOULD'VE BEAT PITT. I KNOW FOR A FACT JIMBO FISHER WAS OUT TRYING TO RECRUIT A QB AT TEXAS A&M THIS WEEK, HE JUST GOT THERE. PERHAPS WE CAN USE ARMYS PLAYBOOK UNTIL NEXT YEAR. LOL
WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME???!!!

Advertisement
It seems to me that most posters were not overly alarmed by Pitt and Clemson losses. Before these losses it appeared we were the real deal and headed for the 4 team playoff...

... you lost me here.

Miami never looked like the "real deal" that was "headed for the four team playoff". A week before that Pittsburgh loss, the Canes were down 14-0 and 28-14 to an average Virginia team.

Two special night-time, primetime, under the lights showdowns at home against Virginia Tech and an overrated Notre Dame (re: good squad, but not #3 in the nation) need to be viewed for what they were—killer environments and crowd rise-ups. The Hokies were in it until late, when the Canes tacked one on late (14-10 ballgame 7:00 left in the third.)

Florida State, Georgia Tech, Syracuse and North Carolina—all could've gone either way. 10-0 could've just as easily have been 7-3—just like last year when Miami lost three games by a combined 11 points (not counting the blowout in Blacksburg.)

Anyone worth their weight knew Miami was overachieving this year—Richt 2.0 in his second season—and that it was going to take a lot of luck and momentum down the stretch to keep rolling.

Clemson is 43-3 dating back to late 2014. Three ACC titles. Three Playoffs berths. Two semifinals victories, back-to-back title game appearances and one national championship. Back to your point with the "headed for the four-team playoff" sentiment—Canes still had to go through a next-level Tigers team to truly be "headed" anywhere.

To think Miami was just gonna pull out a win in the biggest game this program has seen since the 2003 Fiesta Bowl—while Clemson is big-game tested and successful these past three years; taking some serious liberties just "expecting" to roll to the Playoffs.

Keep recruiting and building. Clemson was #3 in the national and got smacked up 51-14—at home—by #5 Florida State in 2013 (en route to the Noles going undefeated and winning it all). By next season the Tigers made the leap from good-to-great and have been rolling since.

Miami can follow a similar trajectory if Richt keeps recruiting and building this thing up the next few years. Finally have a proper infrastructure in place to become a big-time player again—but this year was never supposed to be that. At best, the Canes needed to take a step forward (they did), aimed to win the Coastal and reach the ACC title game (they did) and wanted to end a losing streak to Florida State (they did), while seeking revenge on the other teams who beat them last year—UNC, VT and ND—(mission accomplished).

Miami also pulled that off with an average Malik Rosier under center; who was essentially keeping the seat warm between Kaaya's early exit and whoever will be the next big-timer. All in all, a wonderful 10-2 run and with an Orange Bowl victory against a sound Wisconsin team, the Canes would finish 11-2 and just outside the Top 5 going into 2018.

Ask anyone about that scenario back in August and they'd have ****ed their pants for that outcome.

The fact that you didn't mention the OL tells me you have not the slightest clue wtf you're talking about.

WTF did you expect Richt to have done for this year? Start one of the other, even worse QBs? I assume CJR is his son, and that you'd have liked him to turn Rosier into Joe Montana. Those guys should get medals for getting 10 wins out of Rosier with almost no run support. Seriously, with the OL and QB we have 10 wins is a miracle. At least lay the blame where it belongs, don't act like Richt could have call just the passes Rosier would make.

Also, GO FCKING FCK YOURSELF YOU FLAMING PILE OF EXCREMENT. GET THE FCK OFF MY BOARD WITH YOUR PREDICTIONS OF FUTURE LOSSES YOU GIGANTIC ****. TROLLIN *** BTCH.

I AM A HUGE HCMR FAN ESPECIALLY SINCE I FOLLOWED HIM DURING HIS TIME AT GEORGIA BUT HE NEEDED TO RECRUIT A GREAT QB SINCE DECEMBER 4 2015 WHO DID HE BRING INTO WIN FOR MIAMI? WHERE WERE THEY THIS SEASON? WE LOST BECAUSE WE DIDN'T HAVE THE TALENT AT QB. WHY DON'T WE HAVE A EXPERIENCED QB COACH OR FORMER PRO COACHING THE QBS. WITHOUT MANNY DIAZ THE DC
WOULD WE HAVE BEATEN FSU, VIRGINIA, GT, AND UNC? THE THING IS WE DIDN'T HAVE TO LOSE WITH JUST A OKAY QB WE WOULD'VE BEAT PITT. I KNOW FOR A FACT JIMBO FISHER WAS OUT TRYING TO RECRUIT A QB AT TEXAS A&M THIS WEEK, HE JUST GOT THERE. PERHAPS WE CAN USE ARMYS PLAYBOOK UNTIL NEXT YEAR. LOL

He's actually yelling at me.

He recruited a QB...in fact he got the exact QB he wanted last year, the #1 guy on Miami's board. You'll pardon me if I'm not frantic because a true freshman didn't win the job after being on campus 15 minutes. So is your argument that Richt was supposed to pick up a star QB in the 2 months he had to recruit his 1st class or that Perry was supposed to have mastered the playbook in the time it takes to find the library on campus?

Know what? Just fck off. You're obviously a troll. You're a Cane but you've been following Richt for years? **** off.

He recruited a QB...in fact he got the exact QB he wanted last year, the #1 guy on Miami's board. You'll pardon me if I'm not frantic because a true freshman didn't win the job after being on campus 15 minutes. So is your argument that Richt was supposed to pick up a star QB in the 2 months he had to recruit his 1st class or that Perry was supposed to have mastered the playbook in the time it takes to find the library on campus?

Know what? Just fck off. You're obviously a troll. You're a Cane but you've been following Richt for years? **** off.

I hope you finally realize we lost because our qb was awful. His backup was worse and Perry he's just trying to keep his headset from falling off. I am a fan of UGA and MIAMI. I liked UGA since the 80's. Mark Richt coached there you know for 15 years. He was let go because he could not win the big one. He went 145-51. Why don't we have a qb we can trust in his 2 years here ? I come on here to get recruiting news and I see you harassing others on here. I guess ignorance is bliss and that you are never wrong. Are you scared to type the cuss words or don't know how to spell them? Grow a pair.

Yeah, but it was so loud it felt like they were screaming at everyone.

Advertisement
These losses are not a trend I think this team needed rest playing 11 straight weeks with no bye week will put a toll on your body like or not and throw in the fact that we don't have the depth yet...I say those 11 straight weeks caught up with us. You'll see a much more rested refreshed, faster physically team during the Bowl game.

There is only one trend: when Rosier is atrociously inaccurate, we tend to lose.

And that is my concern moving forward. That the team gives up more easily when he is off his game. We are one position away from being a playoff caliber team.

I hope you finally realize we lost because our qb was awful. His backup was worse and Perry he's just trying to keep his headset from falling off. I am a fan of UGA and MIAMI. I liked UGA since the 80's. Mark Richt coached there you know for 15 years. He was let go because he could not win the big one. He went 145-51. Why don't we have a qb we can trust in his 2 years here ? I come on here to get recruiting news and I see you harassing others on here. I guess ignorance is bliss and that you are never wrong. Are you scared to type the cuss words or don't know how to spell them? Grow a pair.

Had you been here long enough to tell if I harass others or not you'd know that if I type them out they'll get censored. Maybe I shouldn't have told you that...ignorance is bliss after all.

Advertisement

Had you been here long enough to tell if I harass others or not you'd know that if I type them out they'll get censored. Maybe I shouldn't have told you that...ignorance is bliss after all.

I knew they probably would or kick you off :) I saw a nice article on 247 today on all the prospects Miami visited this week that you might want to read. GL Happy Holidays

Advertisement
Back