Was Pitt and Clemson loses a trend

Hemsleysalmons

Freshman
It seems to me that most posters were not overly alarmed by Pitt and Clemson losses. Before these losses it appeared we were the real deal and headed for the 4 team playoff. Then the shock of losing to a bad Pitt game and crushed by Clemson. You can put most of the blame on Rosier and some injuries. I think these loses may reveal that we are years away from becoming the team we all want and expect. Depth still a problem and questionable coaching on both sides of ball is an occasional problem. I think this team is now in a funk and Wisconsin will beat us. If you check my earliest posts when I joined this forum I stated that our offense is at best average and it will be the weakest area of our team. I predicted a 3 loss season. Next year will be the year we find out if we headed for greatness or remain a 2-3 loss good team but not the great team we all are hoping for.

Advertisement
It seems to me that most posters were not overly alarmed by Pitt and Clemson losses. Before these losses it appeared we were the real deal and headed for the 4 team playoff. Then the shock of losing to a bad Pitt game and crushed by Clemson. You can put most of the blame on Rosier and some injuries. I think these loses may reveal that we are years away from becoming the team we all want and expect. Depth still a problem and questionable coaching on both sides of ball is an occasional problem. I think this team is now in a funk and Wisconsin will beat us. If you check my earliest posts when I joined this forum I stated that our offense is at best average and it will be the weakest area of our team. I predicted a 3 loss season. Next year will be the year we find out if we headed for greatness or remain a 2-3 loss good team but not the great team we all are hoping for.

Honestly you seem to be the only one shocked and unaware that everyone else on here knows that we overachieved this year. You stated nothing new.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
IMG_9794.GIF

Reminds me of Nick Saban's second year at Bama. He had them rolling and then lost the last 2 games of the season, both pretty handily. But that was definitely the season they became relevant again. Hopefully we can use this season as a stepping stone back to elite status like they did.

Advertisement
My concern is that it can become a trend if we don't get better QB play.

I posted this before the Clemson game and i will post it again.

We either change the offense or we lose. We cannot beat good teams without some deception as in motion,counters and different looks. We cannot "out execute" good teams often enough to score 20 points. On defense Virginia showed how to do it against us. Run on first and throw short passes to negate what used to be our pass rush. Sorry but we are a very mediocre Coastal team and quite boring to watch lately.

Change or lose

As expected clueless blind posters down voting my comments. Forum always either overly pessimistic or overly optimistic. Euphoria before Pitt game. Even after Clemson debacle guarded optimism. Will more balanced viewpoint of where our program is when we lose to Wisconsin?

Advertisement

We either change the offense or we lose. We cannot beat good teams without some deception as in motion,counters and different looks. We cannot "out execute" good teams often enough to score 20 points. On defense Virginia showed how to do it against us. Run on first and throw short passes to negate what used to be our pass rush. Sorry but we are a very mediocre Coastal team and quite boring to watch lately.

Change or lose

The most honest post I have read all year. Offensively, we have enough skill to be better with a coordinator that knows how to create deception and get guys like Harley, DJ and Thomas in space. we see teams with less talent create offense using tempo and deception to score points. CMR is a straight forward conventional Offensive coach. If he has a good Oline and power run game he can be very successful but absent that he is mediocre as a play caller in my opinion.

You have to love when fans get mesmerized by our ranking and think we are unstoppable. We narrowly beat UNC, FSU and GT but of course we were a dominant team until recently.

The entitlement crew is coming out of their hidey holes now. Calling Diaz and Richt's competence into question. Ignoring the DECADE we have not won a bowl game. Apparently if you don't defeat the defending National Champion, you are bad at your job. Take a look at where Miami has been ranked on December 8th over the course of the last 15 years. Go ahead. See if MAYBE we as fans have SOMETHING to be thankful for!

Advertisement

Change or lose

You were WRONG at that time..You are WRONG again. We had WRs running open vs every defense we faced and failed to be able to get them the ball. On the same looks if for the year our QB had a completion % of 60-65% we are probably 12-0.

Oh, you like the 7 point favorite to win? Real hot take there. Post less.

As expected clueless blind posters down voting my comments. Forum always either overly pessimistic or overly optimistic. Euphoria before Pitt game. Even after Clemson debacle guarded optimism. Will more balanced viewpoint of where our program is when we lose to Wisconsin?

Facquit quotes herself

It is a trend, and it is one that will continue against Wisconsin, unless Rosier can hit downfield and soften the defense up a bit. Right now, no one respects his ability to make a play, so defenses will get right up in our face and take away any run game and any short passing game. It's the whole "we're playing in a phone booth" thing many other posters have mentioned. Right now, a defense has nothing to fear, so why not sell out on short passes and the run?

Advertisement
Back