Was Pitt and Clemson loses a trend

The funny thing is, opponents had the formula to stop Miami's offense the whole season. There was nothing that Pitt of Clemson did that "exposed" Miami's offense. Every team loaded up in the box to stop the run and decided to take their chances with Rosier beating them (except Notre Dame who inexcusably played two deep safeties almost the entire game). The difference was that for the first ten games of the season, Rosier was able to make just enough throws to beat some pretty mediocre teams. Against Pitt, he had one of the most erratic throwing performances I've ever seen and it continued over against Clemson but it got magnified by Clemson's talent. Not having a healthy Ahmon Richards for most of the year hurt too as he was the only receiver on the team that other teams feared. Pitt was not afraid to leave their mediocre corners on an island against any of our guys because odds were, even if they got beat, Rosier wouldn't be able to hit the receiver.

Advertisement
The only trend was playing for like 12 strait weeks in a row... that's what cost us the PITT game. Clemson would have been closer. We just ran out of JUICE.

The only trend was playing for like 12 strait weeks in a row... that's what cost us the PITT game. Clemson would have been closer. We just ran out of JUICE.

Overthrowing balls left and right has nothing to do with not having a bye week. It was about a lucky QB's luck running out. Yeah, the bye week would have been nice, but it doesn't make Rosier complete passes that a decent high school QB could complete.

Notre Dame was unranked in preseason. That means they were not a fully legitimate #3 team when we played them, and the Canes were subsequently extremely overrated coming off that huge win.

The one time we did face a highly rated team from preseason, prior to Clemson, it was against Florida State. Obviously they were in chaos at that point with a backup quarterback, etc.

The problem later in the season was inevitability that we'd have to face teams that were rated highly in preseason, and therefore are loaded with talent. Nobody should be surprised at the Clemson outcome. Pittsburgh was another matter, mostly a tired overconfident Canes team that like so many predecessor Canes teams does not properly respect physical blue collar opponents. Deep passes could have fluked that game but no mistake we were pushed around.

Once we are rated very highly in preseason it will mean our talent level has soared to the point we won't be pushed around in a game like that, or by anybody. Not exactly complicated.

Wisconsin is legit, ranked 9th in preseason consensus. Miami was 17th. So while that's a gap and a likely loss, the home field allows a chance. Alabama would have brutalized us. I'm not sure we needed to see that because it would have been a 60 minute dose of reality. The Wisconsin game win or lose figures to be physically competitive enough to make us feel good about ourselves coming out of the season. You need a good bowl draw in a season like this. We got a reasonable one, as opposed to simply a different talent level like Ohio State or Alabama.

2017 Preseason Consensus

It seems to me that most posters were not overly alarmed by Pitt and Clemson losses. Before these losses it appeared we were the real deal and headed for the 4 team playoff. Then the shock of losing to a bad Pitt game and crushed by Clemson. You can put most of the blame on Rosier and some injuries. I think these loses may reveal that we are years away from becoming the team we all want and expect. Depth still a problem and questionable coaching on both sides of ball is an occasional problem. I think this team is now in a funk and Wisconsin will beat us. If you check my earliest posts when I joined this forum I stated that our offense is at best average and it will be the weakest area of our team. I predicted a 3 loss season. Next year will be the year we find out if we headed for greatness or remain a 2-3 loss good team but not the great team we all are hoping for.

The fact that you didn't mention the OL tells me you have not the slightest clue wtf you're talking about.

Advertisement
Notre Dame was unranked in preseason. That means they were not a fully legitimate #3 team when we played them, and the Canes were subsequently extremely overrated coming off that huge win.

The one time we did face a highly rated team from preseason, prior to Clemson, it was against Florida State. Obviously they were in chaos at that point with a backup quarterback, etc.

The problem later in the season was inevitability that we'd have to face teams that were rated highly in preseason, and therefore are loaded with talent. Nobody should be surprised at the Clemson outcome. Pittsburgh was another matter, mostly a tired overconfident Canes team that like so many predecessor Canes teams does not properly respect physical blue collar opponents. Deep passes could have fluked that game but no mistake we were pushed around.

Once we are rated very highly in preseason it will mean our talent level has soared to the point we won't be pushed around in a game like that, or by anybody. Not exactly complicated.

Wisconsin is legit, ranked 9th in preseason consensus. Miami was 17th. So while that's a gap and a likely loss, the home field allows a chance. Alabama would have brutalized us. I'm not sure we needed to see that because it would have been a 60 minute dose of reality. The Wisconsin game win or lose figures to be physically competitive enough to make us feel good about ourselves coming out of the season. You need a good bowl draw in a season like this. We got a reasonable one, as opposed to simply a different talent level like Ohio State or Alabama.

2017 Preseason Consensus

You're claiming we'd lose a neutral site against Wisconsin because they were ranked higher pre-season? You go in the penalty box with OP, neither of you has any idea what they're saying right now.

Overthrowing balls left and right has nothing to do with not having a bye week. It was about a lucky QB's luck running out. Yeah, the bye week would have been nice, but it doesn't make Rosier complete passes that a decent high school QB could complete.
I don't disagree Rosier fell apart, but the big boys upfront on both sides had no push...

I don't disagree Rosier fell apart, but the big boys upfront on both sides had no push...

Hard to push people around when you're outnumbered. Rosier couldn't keep the D honest.

Advertisement
It seems to me that most posters were not overly alarmed by Pitt and Clemson losses. Before these losses it appeared we were the real deal and headed for the 4 team playoff. Then the shock of losing to a bad Pitt game and crushed by Clemson. You can put most of the blame on Rosier and some injuries. I think these loses may reveal that we are years away from becoming the team we all want and expect. Depth still a problem and questionable coaching on both sides of ball is an occasional problem. I think this team is now in a funk and Wisconsin will beat us. If you check my earliest posts when I joined this forum I stated that our offense is at best average and it will be the weakest area of our team. I predicted a 3 loss season. Next year will be the year we find out if we headed for greatness or remain a 2-3 loss good team but not the great team we all are hoping for.

The fact that you didn't mention the OL tells me you have not the slightest clue wtf you're talking about.

Three people cost us the loss CMR CJR AND ROSIER.

NEXT LOSS WISCONSIN AFTER THAT LSU NEXT YEAR.

Only thing I gathered from our two loses was that we won IN SPITE of our QB this year...

Quite amazing when you realize we were not even close to a good running team...we were below average and relied on our Defense to bail us out

I bought the "Rosier is a gamer" piece. Rosier is simply the best we have for now. Rosier' best simply is not good enough anymore. Defense Coordinators have figured him out (See Pitt Coach Narduzzi) We can beat Wisky, it will take a "Notre Dame" type game.

2017 Preseason Consensus

You bring the truth , sometimes it hurts. At least with Wis we have a chance , Bama would've bee a horrible ending to a good season. We have a chance to end the season positively.

Advertisement
As expected clueless blind posters down voting my comments. Forum always either overly pessimistic or overly optimistic. Euphoria before Pitt game. Even after Clemson debacle guarded optimism. Will more balanced viewpoint of where our program is when we lose to Wisconsin?
If you can’t have a little faith in the team and pick them to lose every time they play a decent tram then it’s not your team. We all know where the troubles are on the team, and then we have you. Just leave and comeback once OUR team has won the ACC and Natty.

As expected clueless blind posters down voting my comments. Forum always either overly pessimistic or overly optimistic. Euphoria before Pitt game. Even after Clemson debacle guarded optimism. Will more balanced viewpoint of where our program is when we lose to Wisconsin?
If you can’t have a little faith in the team and pick them to lose every time they play a decent tram then it’s not your team. We all know where the troubles are on the team, and then we have you. Just leave and comeback once OUR team has won the ACC and Natty.
Based on your comments I believe you feel that a Cane fan should always predict a victory against an opponent even if one feels the opponent has a better team. That comment is contrary to objective thinking. You also state “we all know where the troubles are on the team, and then we have you.” That comment sounds that forum does not want someone to post a negative thought about our team. I disagree with that thought. Lastly you suggest I no longer post until we win acc and national ship. I have been a Cane during the bad times and during the good times. I am not a bandwagon fan. We are in a rebuilding phase and there will be good times and occasionally difficult times. That’s a reality. It appears many on this forum are unable to be objective concerning the current status of our team.

Advertisement

WTF did you expect Richt to have done for this year? Start one of the other, even worse QBs? I assume CJR is his son, and that you'd have liked him to turn Rosier into Joe Montana. Those guys should get medals for getting 10 wins out of Rosier with almost no run support. Seriously, with the OL and QB we have 10 wins is a miracle. At least lay the blame where it belongs, don't act like Richt could have call just the passes Rosier would make.

Also, GO FCKING FCK YOURSELF YOU FLAMING PILE OF EXCREMENT. GET THE FCK OFF MY BOARD WITH YOUR PREDICTIONS OF FUTURE LOSSES YOU GIGANTIC *****. TROLLIN *** BTCH.

WTF did you expect Richt to have done for this year? Start one of the other, even worse QBs? I assume CJR is his son, and that you'd have liked him to turn Rosier into Joe Montana. Those guys should get medals for getting 10 wins out of Rosier with almost no run support. Seriously, with the OL and QB we have 10 wins is a miracle. At least lay the blame where it belongs, don't act like Richt could have call just the passes Rosier would make.

Also, GO FCKING FCK YOURSELF YOU FLAMING PILE OF EXCREMENT. GET THE FCK OFF MY BOARD WITH YOUR PREDICTIONS OF FUTURE LOSSES YOU GIGANTIC ****. TROLLIN *** BTCH.
your board? Amazing.

Also, GO FCKING FCK YOURSELF YOU FLAMING PILE OF EXCREMENT. GET THE FCK OFF MY BOARD WITH YOUR PREDICTIONS OF FUTURE LOSSES YOU GIGANTIC ****. TROLLIN *** BTCH.

I AM A HUGE HCMR FAN ESPECIALLY SINCE I FOLLOWED HIM DURING HIS TIME AT GEORGIA BUT HE NEEDED TO RECRUIT A GREAT QB SINCE DECEMBER 4 2015 WHO DID HE BRING INTO WIN FOR MIAMI? WHERE WERE THEY THIS SEASON? WE LOST BECAUSE WE DIDN'T HAVE THE TALENT AT QB. WHY DON'T WE HAVE A EXPERIENCED QB COACH OR FORMER PRO COACHING THE QBS. WITHOUT MANNY DIAZ THE DC
WOULD WE HAVE BEATEN FSU, VIRGINIA, GT, AND UNC? THE THING IS WE DIDN'T HAVE TO LOSE WITH JUST A OKAY QB WE WOULD'VE BEAT PITT. I KNOW FOR A FACT JIMBO FISHER WAS OUT TRYING TO RECRUIT A QB AT TEXAS A&M THIS WEEK, HE JUST GOT THERE. PERHAPS WE CAN USE ARMYS PLAYBOOK UNTIL NEXT YEAR. LOL

Advertisement
Back