Was King Holding Lashlee back?

Question. Why do you think king constantly blows the rpo/ read option reads? Is it due to his injury and just not wanting to run this year. Just curious Bc I can’t believe he was just too stupid to kee making the wrong play had to be on purpose
He was doing it last year as well. It got to the point everyone wanted to stop running it

Advertisement
That SMU Houston game yesterday was wild. After storming back SMU kicked it to Houston’s ace return mang with about 30 seconds left and he ran it back for a touchdown. SMU blew that one.
Pretty F-ing stupid to kick it directly to a guy who already had 9 KO returns for TDs....

I think he did but it wasn't necessarily his fault. When you look at an Air Raid offense it's all about the pass catchers, precision passing, timing and accuracy and for King it just wasn't his strong suit especially when Lashlee had to design so many plays for him.

Advertisement
King played no one in his only real action in 2018. Rice, Texas Southern, Temple, Arizona. Big deal he threw 5TDs in a loss to Temple and Texas Tech. I don't get why everyone loved King so much. Immediately against Louisville ESPN telling us 3 TDs for King means he is great. Didn't Jarren throw 6? Kings real use was his age and maturity. I want to say FSU was lights out (and it really was for our offense) but Jarren played better against FSU. Jarren did better taking 8 sacks with a garbage Zion Nelson against an 11-2 UF team than King with a speculated 1st round Nelson against a 7-1 Bama (who is obviously not killing everyone). Not that I like Jarren. I'm just saying King didn't do anything we couldn't have gotten from a second year Jarren. Wish we still had N'kosi but TVD is for real.

No he isn't. It was a very simple and straightforward question. The question wasn't if King sucked, it was if King was holding Lashlee back. The answer is an obvious and resounding yes. The way the passing offense looked under Perry vs Ok St was no coincidence. Lashlee needs a QB with arm talent to run his offense. He needs a QB who is a better passer than what King could give him. He needs a QB who can run Air Raid concepts. Lashlee is not at the point in his career where he is able to successfully adapt to players that don't fit his scheme. He may never get there who knows. None of this changed what a great player and leader King is or what he brought to this squad when we desperately needed it. This idea that OP is " hating" on King is nothing more than knee jerk reactionary irrational nonsense. Take that purposely divisive garbage somewhere else. King is a boss and will always be a Cane. The injuries are very unfortunate and a better OC could have adapted to King's skill set much better but make no mistake, TVD has earned every bit of the praise he is receiving and this is his team now. It's not personal. It just is
This. King is a competitor, and we needed him so set an example in the qb room. And he's a great college quarterback. Just not in this offense. And that's on Lashlee for not maximizing for King. TVD fits this offense much better. Amazing what happens when a kid can make every throw and the defense has to defend the entire field.

Advertisement
Back