was attendance as bad as it looked on TV

Advertisement
It was ridiculously hot. My brother suffered a heat stroke at the game. Thankfully, he recovered by the 3rd quarter.

That being said, the empty seats are a reflection of the program. Not because of the heat. What gets my attention are the empty season ticket sections. Ticket sales have to be taking a major hit. This may be the worst attendance year since playing at SLS.

Last edited:
It wasn't as bad as it looked on TV. The empty seats you saw on TV were an optical illusion. If you were there you would have known that those were just people who looked like seats.

Why do you enjoy being an ******* to all these people who share the same passion you do for the Canes? Is having your opinion be "right" that important to you? Seem a bit insecure. Feel free and to rip on me, I am sure that would be cathartic and your opinion of me couldn't matter less.

Thanks for setting me straight, EnemaCane. I'm sure everyone appreciates you standing up for them.

It's been hot at UM games since they started playing in Miami. When did this lame excuse for fans giving up on the program become viable? You'd have had a full house in the same exact heat if the fans gave a **** about this dying program.

I've been at plenty of September UM games, and this one wasn't any hotter than any of the others. Difference is that people don't give a **** anymore.

Advertisement
I don't live in Miami, but if I did, the main reason I wouldn't attend games would be the sun and the heat. It's brutal sitting out there. When I was a student 15 years ago, that was the primary reason I didn't go. Al Golden would argue otherwise, but Miami needs more night games.

Good call... if you can't handle the sun and heat makes sense you don't live within 2000 miles of Miami. You should consider Canadian citizenship. Lose some weight too, bro.

Stadium was packed.

Mopes just want you to trust your eyes.

The fans were inside in the clubhouse, according to the CIS insiders.

I personally didn't leave my seat all game, and for every point we scored I electronically donated 10 grand to Uhealth.

I'm a real fan.

It wasn't as bad as it looked on TV. The empty seats you saw on TV were an optical illusion. If you were there you would have known that those were just people who looked like seats.

Why do you enjoy being an ******* to all these people who share the same passion you do for the Canes? Is having your opinion be "right" that important to you? Seem a bit insecure. Feel free and to rip on me, I am sure that would be cathartic and your opinion of me couldn't matter less.

Thanks for setting me straight, EnemaCane. I'm sure everyone appreciates you standing up for them.
You're welcome. Your wit and banter is only exceeded by your narcissism.

It was ridiculously hot. My brother suffered a heat stroke at the game. Thankfully, he recovered by the 3rd quarter.

That being said, the empty seats are a reflection of the program. Not because of the heat. What gets my attention are the empty season ticket sections. Ticket sales have to be taking a major hit. This may be the worst attendance year since playing at SLS.
Lol, if he suffered heat stroke, he didn't recover by the 3rd.

Advertisement
It was "Dress like a seat, get $5 off a $20 beer" night. HUGE hit!

You're a loser. I guarantee I'm in better shape than you and I'm probably older too.

I don't live in Miami, but if I did, the main reason I wouldn't attend games would be the sun and the heat. It's brutal sitting out there. When I was a student 15 years ago, that was the primary reason I didn't go. Al Golden would argue otherwise, but Miami needs more night games.

Good call... if you can't handle the sun and heat makes sense you don't live within 2000 miles of Miami. You should consider Canadian citizenship. Lose some weight too, bro.

Paid attendance per ESPN:

[h=1]Game Information[/h]
i
Sun Life Stadium
12:30 PM PT, September 19, 2015

• Miami, FL 33299
Attendance: 53,580

Advertisement
The stadium with the bars and restaurants actually encourage people to not be in their seats. The heat factor amplifies it.

Advertisement
Seat prices have to be a big factor. We came down for the game and our tix in the 300 level were $85 each... crazy expensive for a college game. Seats in line with TV cameras are $200, $300, and $400 each. I was a student in late 80's early 90's (only 4 losses in my 4 years) and the OB was only full for major games. No reason for Sun Life to be any different, especially considering the cost.

i
Sun Life Stadium

• Miami, FL 33299

I thought this was a Hurricanes game we were talking about? If you're going to post a picture, at least look for one of the Hurricanes.

i
Sun Life Stadium

• Miami, FL 33299

I thought this was a Hurricanes game we were talking about? If you're going to post a picture, at least look for one of the Hurricanes.

I think it was meant for reference.

If paid attendance was 55k, it's likely there are 45-50k in seats.

That puts saturdays attendance at about 30k.

Advertisement
Back