Warren Thompson article

Just to throw my own 2 cents in it from seeing both (coaching against Thompson), Armwood doesn't use Thompson the way that CC uses Dingle. Armwood is ALL about the run game. Heck they misused their most explosive athlete on their team (Mcneil) this year UNLESS they put him at wildcat QB.

In the playoff game vs Lake Gibson, Thompson was only targeted once, which he caught for maybe 30 yards plus a defensive pass interference, but the play was offset because of offensive holding.

I like both kids, but I knock Thompson because of his highlights. Put it this way, if Thompson was playing for CC, he'd be close to an 1,000 yard receiver.

BS hes soft

Advertisement
Just to throw my own 2 cents in it from seeing both (coaching against Thompson), Armwood doesn't use Thompson the way that CC uses Dingle. Armwood is ALL about the run game. Heck they misused their most explosive athlete on their team (Mcneil) this year UNLESS they put him at wildcat QB.

In the playoff game vs Lake Gibson, Thompson was only targeted once, which he caught for maybe 30 yards plus a defensive pass interference, but the play was offset because of offensive holding.

I like both kids, but I knock Thompson because of his highlights. Put it this way, if Thompson was playing for CC, he'd be close to an 1,000 yard receiver.
I said before when this thread was first started that in defense of Thompson, Armwood is a run heavy team with Snead and Collins but at the same time, it's not like they are running the Wing T. They are a spread team. If you have a stud on the outside, you use him, point blank period. Look at the backs CC had, yet they still found a way to get Dingle the ball....

Pickles (McNeil) is my cousin btw. That's why I have seen so much of Armwood the last 4 years. He was committed to Zona until Taggart took the job at Oregon. Taggart got the job, offered lil cuz, and he committed the next day.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back