Warren Sapp domination type player with

Look at play at the 56 second mark how he bullies the offensive linemen then makes an open field tackle on barry sanders, sapp was not some slouch or blob with no athletic ability getting it done on will alone he was exceptional

Advertisement
Sapp was freakishly strong and quick. I am not sure what the **** you are talking about.

Several plays show Sapp was elite athlete

Here the Bucs say that Sapp was one of the top 5 athletes on their team.

His bench press was reportedly around 525+ lbs.

Agree 100%

Some forget that he came here as a TE.

Sapp was an exceptional athlete make no mistake about that

You can't teach desire. A couple plays that I remember about WS showed the tools he had to couple with his elite level desire to dominate. First one was I think the 95 Orange bowl, Sapp makes a tackle deep in the backfield.. he pushes the center into the qb/rb exchange and tackles all three. That's pure power. Then some years later when he's with the bucs, Barry Sanders does one of his 'make everybody look silly' runs of about 60 yards. When Sanders crosses the goal line, there's Sapp right behind him trying to hawk him down. Sapp's not jog chasing the play, he's straight up booking downfield after Sanders. That's a 300 pound dude trying to make a hustle play 60 yards downfield. That's pure speed, hustle, and desire. Say what you want about him off field, but on the field he was beyond elite.

Advertisement
His best assets were quickness and explosion off the ball. With the Bucs he'd be in the gap before some O-lineman would take a step. At a game in TB saw him shoot the gap for some big loses. Then the next series, the Offense guessed right and busted off a 45 yard run over the place he had vacated - no one was home, so he may have been ad-libbing

His best assets were quickness and explosion off the ball. With the Bucs he'd be in the gap before some O-lineman would take a step. At a game in TB saw him shoot the gap for some big loses. Then the next series, the Offense guessed right and busted off a 45 yard run over the place he had vacated - no one was home, so he may have been ad-libbing
Butch told me in 1997...That Sapp was the Best Interior DLman he ever saw at UM....This coming from a Man who coached Jerome...and got Tez too sign at UM...

Advertisement
Butch told me in 1997...That Sapp was the Best Interior DLman he ever saw at UM....This coming from a Man who coached Jerome...and got Tez too sign at UM...
Erickson was quoted as saying numerous times...that he had to stop practice on several occasions, & take Sapp out, so that the Offense could move the ball past the LOS....

Erickson was quoted as saying numerous times...that he had to stop practice on several occasions, & take Sapp out, so that the Offense could move the ball past the LOS....

Back in the day , I was a Sr at SW and Tony Chickilo ( the old Tony father not his son played at the U ) was Fr many times coach Skeans had to pull us both out of D-line so O can try and run some resemblance of an O play.

Sorry to throw this in but brought back some fond glory day memories .

Boy Tony was a freak beast we used to laugh at offenses having to deal with us to ... Tony shear beast no doubt.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Ooops sorry Jamie Boone was a DB with us he also starred at the U .

Me carted off the fielded Gables game Thanksgiving Day dislocated ankle with nerve / tendon damaged .

These (2) were my boys .

Thanks letting an old man reminisce of days past ... Sorry

GOCANES

Ooops sorry Jamie Boone was a DB with us he also starred at the U .

Me carted off the fielded Gables game Thanksgiving Day dislocated ankle with nerve / tendon damaged .

These (2) were my boys .

Thanks letting an old man reminisce of days past ... Sorry

GOCANES
What I personally witnessed Sapp do against Nebraska in 95 for 3 qtrs, I'll NEVER forget...until he was so exhausted he barely could breathe in the last 4mins of the game....If I remember correctly..we had numerous DL injuries...Lang...Johnson and Riley either didn't play...or weren't 100%....Add to the fact Costa missing Jonathon Harris twice...streaking down the field WIDE open (by 10yds)...both SEVERELY underthrown.

The most powerful men in the world, power lifters, don't have gym workout warrior bodies.

Advertisement
Sapp is about 6'2 and probably had the best get off for a dt seen until recently with the Pitt kid with the rams.

Really no tools , big belly , no upper body strength ( bench press).

Buddies at work towards the 5:00 closing started talking Canes and I asked.

How can a 6’ 300 no shape no six pack no 22” python arms big belly.

TOTALLY DOMINATE A GAME AND COLLEGE FOOTBALL ANY OLINE AND BE UNSTOPPABLE ..PERIOD.

Then another kids chipped out of marble ungodly strength and speed can’t even come close to SAPP type players with no tools.

This was amazing even through the NFL .

Just figured I’d share with you all, haven’t you tried to figure it out ever to make sense?

GOCANES
WTF Is wrong with you? seriously. Stop sniffing glue before going to bed

Advertisement
Back