Wanting Golden gone vs wanting to win

I will always root for us to win. But It's hard to imagine getting past 7 wins next year with ACC powerhouses such as Virginia and Pitt on our schedule AGAIN. I know Al is saying to himself, Oh thank God Louisville is not on our schedule again.

It will be interesting to see where we are predicted to finish since I think we have been predicted by coaches and media to win the Coastal for 3 years running now.

Advertisement
I would be devastating for what's left of the program for Gorlden to have a good enough season to survive next year.

I know a majority of the folks on here want Golden gone as of yesterday, but here is my question. Will you be rooting for us to tank the season and have him fired or will you be rooting for the canes to win the ACCCG/make the playoffs (until those hopes are dashed)?
Unless next year is 2020 Golden will be back.

I know a majority of the folks on here want Golden gone as of yesterday, but here is my question. Will you be rooting for us to tank the season and have him fired or will you be rooting for the canes to win the ACCCG/make the playoffs (until those hopes are dashed)?

I vote for a hot new intern to suduce him. Then we have a shot

I can only play my role as a fan and root for my favorite team to win. Everything else is beyond my control. The Miami Hurricanes is bigger than just one person. Although i'm EXTREMELY unhappy with Goldens results, I have to root for him to win because he's the coach of the Miami Hurricanes . If he's unsuccessful like expected, what should happen will happen anyway. #THEU
What will happen, will happen anyway. Its not that simple. Every year Golden waste here and losing is further we get from these young kids ever seeing us winning. Its 14 years in case u didn't know. The high school kids coming in now were 4 years old. We are not legacy anymore. That's what I for one fear.

Yes I know Golden will be fired, he is a terrible coach and he boils the blood with his excuse making. Never owning up to anything or says he is them proceed to say why it's not him and his boyfriends fault. Calling people's concerns noise etc. He will be fired bit every year spent in the cellar makes it tht much harder to climb out....its getting to the critical point. I'm done supporting that loser and actively root for him to burn.

Advertisement
Don't give a fu*k who our coach is.. I just want to get back to winning football games.

One of the worst things that could happen is we go 8-4, Folden cites drastic improvement despite losing a number of players to the NFL, and the admin slurps up his corch talk and grants him more time.

Why? if he goes 6-7 they'll ignore his corch talk and fire him?

The issue is miami will not win anything if golden is coaching. Everyone wants miami to win. There is no evidence to suggest that golden is the man for the job. No flashes, no nothing.

Advertisement
A 7 win season will be compared to 2001 by the local media and the administration.

Winning the awful Coastal is already out of the question. I will root for a loss every game until Golden is gone. I hope Baffoon Cookman and FAU run a train on us.

I don't think it's about us wanting Miami to lose, but let's be honest, we've already set ourselves up for failure. Golden has been retained, his scheme has been in tact, no coaches changes have been made....failure is destiny for this program.

I would like us to go 8 and 5. Good enough to enjoy the season somewhat and hope for the future but still bad enough to can Alfraud. I don't want him getting any luckier riding Brad's arm.

Advertisement
I'm not rooting for anything one way or another... let me know when a middle of road ACC team isn't our goal.

I will never root against the Canes football team. I might consider rooting against the BB team because the administration and Donna favor it so much. This is beyond Al now. I want vengeance on Donna, the administration and the BOT. Getting throw out of the ACC would be a nice start. A law suit against Donna for every penny she has been paid plus damages from the nevin scandal and damage to the brand THE U would certainly bring a smile to my face. Bankruptcy of U Health and every business of all the BOT members with criminal indictments to follow would give a warm fussy. Al is just a fly on the dung heap that runs our school. It needs to be flushed.

Im just gonna go into a self induced coma for the 2015 season and come out like it never even happened

Advertisement
I truly believe Golden doesn't want to be here and will get out as soon as he can. If we go 6-6 or worse, he'll likely get fired and it's up to the booth. If he is 8-4 and higher he will likely get offers to leave. 10+ wins and he is for sure leaving. Worst case scenario is 7-5. Golden gets no offers, Canes are "trending up" so no changes.

A winning season next year is a losing season.

This inept administration just granted a FIFTH year to a coach that had a LOSING season in his FOURTH full year. God forbid we win 8 or 9 games next year...they'd give him a lifetime contract.

Some of you need to wake the **** up and realize that the only thing that matters right now for both the short and long term success of this program is for Golden to be eradicated. The only way that is going to happen is if we lose so badly that this ******* clueless administration has no choice but to make a change.

Rooting for wins is rooting for the long term demise of the program. Wake the **** up.

UVA is gonna win the CoaRstal next year. Our ceiling is 6 games for next year and I don't think we hit it. At this point I don't know what would get golden fired, but I want him and blake james gone if that means rooting for losses then so be it.

A winning season next year is a losing season.

This inept administration just granted a FIFTH year to a coach that had a LOSING season in his FOURTH full year. God forbid we win 8 or 9 games next year...they'd give him a lifetime contract.

Some of you need to wake the **** up and realize that the only thing that matters right now for both the short and long term success of this program is for Golden to be eradicated. The only way that is going to happen is if we lose so badly that this ****ing clueless administration has no choice but to make a change.

Rooting for wins is rooting for the long term demise of the program. Wake the **** up.

If we win 8-9 games Illinois or Purdue will come knocking and Al will be gone. He was gunning hard for PSU last year and their cloud was worse than ours.

Advertisement
Back