Wanting Golden gone vs wanting to win

To me, either the U wins 10 games and gets to the Orange Bowl or some other major bowl, or Golden needs to go. I am rooting for the Canes to win 10+ games.

Advertisement
It doesn't reallly matter whether you root for Miami to win or lose. We will not be as good of a team next year as we were this year. Losing Flowers, Duke, Dorsett, Walford - basically our 3 major offensive weapons plus our best pass protector, well it is going to be rough going next year. Losing Perriman will hurt what little running game support we have as well. GT's QB will be back next year, he will be on autopilot. FSU will beat us, cause under Golden they always do. Pitt will return quite a few starters and will likely take us out as well. I don't know about Nebraska. If we play Luoisville with a 2nd year Petrino led squad they will ransack us as well. VT- they will want revenge. They had a young defense and offense this year. Will be an interesting game.

I don't think it matters, Miami will struggle under Golden, as they have throughout his tenure here.

I know a majority of the folks on here want Golden gone as of yesterday, but here is my question. Will you be rooting for us to tank the season and have him fired or will you be rooting for the canes to win the ACCCG/make the playoffs (until those hopes are dashed)?

Anyone rooting for wins next year isn't a Canes fan...or at least not a very intelligent one.

0-12 or as close to that as possible.

Golden has a ceiling, and it is a low ceiling.

Usually, a decent coach is either a) a solid gameday coach or b) a solid recruiter. The elite coaches are both. In regards to Golden, I can't think of a time where we've had a coaching advantage come gameday. Instead, we are always at severe disadvantage. And he has been mediocre at best on the recruiting trail.

Combine all of that with his unrivaled arrogance and you have a disaster. He refuses to change or adjust his style of coaching.

Now, the reason why I go as far as to "hate" him as a person stems from his treatment of players more than anything else. He constantly blames them, plays ridiculous mind games, has no respect for the players, and, quite frankly, destroys or severely hinders kids' careers. The lucky ones that do make it into the NFL are consistently undervalued (Look at Hurns, Linder, Henderson, Armstrong, etc.). That costs them money. And everything I have been told from highschool coaches and current and former players is that Golden is simply not a good person.

Miami isn't his school. His place here is temporary and he spits in the face of the tradition, the alumni, former players, and the fans with his attitude and approach, his blatant attempts to leave, and his used car salesmen's runaround.

I wish him nothing but all the bad things in this world.

Care to elaborate?

Anyone who hopes for wins next year is doing so purely out of selfish motives. Because THEY want to feel good while watching games. It's not about the kids. As MIA said, there is little difference between 6 wins and 2 wins. We have virtually no shot at winning 10 games, so rooting for wins is absolutely futile and does more to impede getting out of this mess.

The only way you root for wins at this point is if you think Golden still can be the guy. I truly feel sorry for you if you believe that.

I don't see how you can call yourself a fan and hope the team fails. When the team does fail and with his leadership they most likely will, I can see where you root for him to be gone.

Advertisement
Anyone who hopes for wins next year is doing so purely out of selfish motives. Because THEY want to feel good while watching games. It's not about the kids. As MIA said, there is little difference between 6 wins and 2 wins. We have virtually no shot at winning 10 games, so rooting for wins is absolutely futile and does more to impede getting out of this mess.

The only way you root for wins at this point is if you think Golden still can be the guy. I truly feel sorry for you if you believe that.

I don't see how you can call yourself a fan and hope the team fails. When the team does fail and with his leadership they most likely will, I can see where you root for him to be gone.
I wouldn't expect you to be able to.

I wouldn't expect you to be able to.

So you root for the players that came here to rep the U to lose every game? I can't hate on the players like that. Will I give money to the program? No. Will I root for those kids that rep the U to lose? No. I don't support this coaching staff, but I'm not rooting for them; I'm rooting for the players.

I can only play my role as a fan and root for my favorite team to win. Everything else is beyond my control. The Miami Hurricanes is bigger than just one person. Although i'm EXTREMELY unhappy with Goldens results, I have to root for him to win because he's the coach of the Miami Hurricanes . If he's unsuccessful like expected, what should happen will happen anyway. #THEU

This. I don't care who coaches us as long as we win and the team is made up of more than just the coach. If Golden can turn it around, then great, if he can't, can him. It's all outside of my control anyway. The only thing we, as fans, can do is hope.

Rooting for the team to lose is like rooting for a depression because you hate Obama. I'd much rather hope that he does well instead of actively root against my best interests.

Edit: That especially goes for all the morons tweeting recruits that they shouldn't come here. These people presumably only want a good football team, yet they tell the good football players not to come here. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. 100% illogically acting against their best interests.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
We can't win with Golden. His ceiling will be 8 or 9 wins during his best years.

We play any team that is average or better and it's pretty much a guaranteed loss.

I know a majority of the folks on here want Golden gone as of yesterday, but here is my question. Will you be rooting for us to tank the season and have him fired or will you be rooting for the canes to win the ACCCG/make the playoffs (until those hopes are dashed)?

Giving up next season as a lost season. The worst the record, the better we'll be in the long run.

The ideal scenario would be us starting 0-6 with multiple blowouts, Folden getting canned, and Coley becoming the interim coach.

One of the worst things that could happen is we go 8-4, Folden cites drastic improvement despite losing a number of players to the NFL, and the admin slurps up his corch talk and grants him more time.

Unfortunatly I fear this is the most likely scenario.

Advertisement
I want to be wrong on Al Golden. I hope he wins every game but we know that won't happen. I am not renewing my season tickets for the first time ever. But I would rather win and be wrong than right and lose games. Sorry. But I ******* HATE Golden and know he will lose so it really doesn't matter.

Could care less. I am burnt out on this program. One thing to lose but once again the admin/athletic department shows they give ZERO ***** about winning. So why should any of us care? I'll spend my wknds next fall surfing/traveling

It's kind of confusing to ask yourself this because if you want Miami to win you know you can't do it with Al Golden. My idea of winning is 10+ games. No way Golden beats 5 of Clemson, FSU, Nebraska, GT, Duke, UVA, UNC, VT, and Pitt. He has to do that to win 10 games. I just hope he doesn't limp to 8 wins and one of them be FSU or something and then the BOT think that is enough to keep his job.

IMO if he goes 8-4 or 9-3 they keep him until the bowl game, he wins the bowl he stays, he loses, he goes. 10 wins he keeps his job anyway, and 7 wins or less they fire him before the bowl. This isn't how I think it should be, it's just my opinion on how the BOT will treat next year. If it were me, it's 10 wins or go regardless. And 0-5 vs FSU? fired. Still don't beat a ranked team? fired.

Advertisement

AGAIN NOT A SINGLE FAN WANTS MIAMI TO LOSE.......

We all bought into his BullSh!T of "ARE YOU KIDDING ME", "Get Your Licks in right NOW", and then DUKE's Class CAME!!!

We supported supported and supported its time for a change...If he came out and made crazy changes and had a better attitude
we all would feel #RENEWED

But when you tank then go into hiding and say "HAPPPY NEW YEAR" I READ A BOOK
what kinda of bullSH!T is this...then you say we are staying with the same this that same that blah blah blah blah

its clear AL you got your money LEAVE BYE GO AWAY....

Our D could be so so scary good next year if we just had a real coach. The pass rushers we have aqm, chad, & tyriq ahhhhh. Coaches would drool over those 3. But I see 5 win ceiling with fat *** at the helm. TANK FOR BUTCH!!!

Hopefully we go 0-12. My Canes season tickets just turned into Dolphin season tickets. First time in my life I've hated our program like this. It's pure chaos. If you support anything in this program right now your supporting Folden.

Advertisement
Back