Walton & Yearby

[MENTION=1107]bshaw28[/MENTION]

You're right. Should have been totally untouched on those 4 TD runs. Good eye. /sarcasm

I just don't see what you're seeing. You could say the same things about Yearby on some of his runs.

Yearby was the better back at GT. I think we can all agree. I haven't seen any reports of an injury that kept Walton out. Some days just don't pan out for every player. Kaaya had a bad one against FAU.

Walton has a 7.2 ypc average vs. Yearby's 7.3 ypc. I'm happy with either one. I'm sure Richt is too. Walton as 3rd string? No, I don't agree.

Advertisement
bshaw28 da gawd!!!!!!!

I wasnt 100% of what was wrong with him untill i watched the GTech game again.There was a play where he was stopped in the backfield for a one yard loss that he had no business being tackled..bshaw 28 is exactly on point and explains his faults much better then me. I completely understand why Walton gets the playing time over Gus.... Walton always gives 100%, hes very tough for his size, and he is just flat out a football player and they trust him... However Gus is the more talented runner.. maybe hes not as consistent in practice, maybe he doesnt get his pad level low enough at times... but he is faster more explosive and more powerful..... HE came in to the Gtech game and ran straight up the middle and pushed the whole pile for 5 yards.. Didnt see that much movement from any running back all game..Walton has gotten more explosive then last year but his faults are glaring

It is what it is tho and I hope he can turn it around vs FSU

Last edited:
Coach said Gus practiced really hard last week & that's why he played.

bshaw28 da gawd!!!!!!!

I wasnt 100% of what was wrong with him untill i watched the GTech game again.There was a play where he was stopped in the backfield for a one yard loss that he had no business being tackled..bshaw 28 is exactly on point and expiians his faults much better then me. I completely understand why Walton gets the playing time over Gus.... Walton always gives 100%, hes very tough for his size, and he is just flat out a football player and they trust him... However Gus is the more talented runner.. maybe hes not as consistent in practice, maybe he doesnt get his pad level low enough at times... but he is faster more explosive and more powerful..... HE came in to the Gtech game and ran straight up the middle and pushed the whole pile for 5 yards.. Didnt see that much movement from any running back all game..

It is what it is though

Guarantee some of you calling for Gus were d*ck riding Walton after the first few games. It's clearly Walton and Yearby with Gus well behind them in terms of playing time. Walton didn't have a great game against GT. Let's see how the rest of the season goes before we chastise any of these guys as something they may not be.

Guarantee some of you calling for Gus were d*ck riding Walton after the first few games. It's clearly Walton and Yearby with Gus well behind them in terms of playing time. Walton didn't have a great game against GT. Let's see how the rest of the season goes before we chastise any of these guys as something they may not be.

**** ya i was d riding... im a hurricane fan..... I can praise them when their good and scold them when they are not, I also said lets see what he does when he faces the ACC schedule I still have hope for him but the first ACC game i see brought back up the lingering doubts I have about him

Advertisement
bshaw28 da gawd!!!!!!!

I wasnt 100% of what was wrong with him untill i watched the GTech game again.There was a play where he was stopped in the backfield for a one yard loss that he had no business being tackled..bshaw 28 is exactly on point and explains his faults much better then me. I completely understand why Walton gets the playing time over Gus.... Walton always gives 100%, hes very tough for his size, and he is just flat out a football player and they trust him... However Gus is the more talented runner.. maybe hes not as consistent in practice, maybe he doesnt get his pad level low enough at times... but he is faster more explosive and more powerful..... HE came in to the Gtech game and ran straight up the middle and pushed the whole pile for 5 yards.. Didnt see that much movement from any running back all game..Walton has gotten more explosive then last year but his faults are glaring

It is what it is tho and I hope he can turn it around vs FSU

Bingo!

Walton is reliable, and tough, and gives maximum effort. He's just not as talented.

Even though he doesn't lower his pads enough to be as effective as he could be - when the hole isn't there, Gus is still the most effective RB we've got in short yardage. I'll take Gus to push the pile over Walton & Yearby.

And when the hole is there - I want the 230 pound RB who runs a 4.4 running through it instead of the 205 pound RB who runs a 4.6

Advertisement
Back