walton will be for us

This isn't a scarlett vs Walton discussion... He's gone he ain't coming

But I'll bite
Scarlett has better speed and great size. Athlete playing RB
Better prospect.
Walton had better patience and vision
Better RB.

I played the position you cannot teach vision. It gets better with time but ... Either you have great or good or no vision.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Walton is a very good prospect, but to compare him to Marshawn Lynch is nuts. Lynch was bigger, faster, stronger and played with an edge that I haven't seen from Walton. I think Walton will be a very good back, but let's pump the brakes a little on the comparisons to guys like Marshawn Lynch.

Great vision gets you through the holes that "athletic" RBs without vision never even see. There's more to the RB position than just size and speed. Sure, you can't be running a 5.2 40, but give me a 4.45 guy with tremendous vision, patience, and the ability to learn over a 4.35 guy that needs a minor miracle to get into the open field. Some things just can't be measured for message board folk to see with their own eyes.

But I'll bite
Better prospect.
Better RB.

I played the position you cannot teach vision. It gets better with time but ... Either you have great or good or no vision.

Advertisement

But I'll bite
Better prospect.
Better RB.

Did you score 4 touchdowns in one game?

To say "he's nothing special", Your football IQ isn't that bright.

Everybody want the homerun hitter, who can't pass protect. Got it.

What a miserable fanbase! I guess RBs aren't worth a **** unless they have the speed of Usain Bolt, the strength of J.J. Watt, and the wiggle of Shakira.

But I'll bite
Better prospect.
Better RB.

Did you score 4 touchdowns in one game?

Yea at polk high with al bundy...
I compared their style and size. Give or take a few lbs. Speed for rbs shouldn't be measured in the 40 imo. Should be 20 yd shuttle and cone drill.

And by the time he leaves he could b here what lynch was at Cal. Kind of hard to judge with the down value of RBs in the draft tho...

Advertisement
Y'all better be glad he came out in 2015. Cause if he stayed in for the 2016, he would've ended up at an SEC school.

Miserable f^cks.

To say "he's nothing special", Your football IQ isn't that bright.

Everybody want the homerun hitter, who can't pass protect. Got it.

its about projecting him to the next level. we've never seen Walton vs. D1 football teams.

looking at his tape I see a guy with good size for his age, OK speed, not really explosive and also plays in a system that has made other RBs look good in the past that did not pan out at the D1 level.

Duke Johnson was in another universe in terms of RB prospects at the same time and Duke was a bit undersized

Advertisement

But I'll bite
Better prospect.
Better RB.

thats what made Noel Devine a great HS and College player...vision with speed

but at 170lbs soaking wet and a **** attitude has him making $12 hour now

I see him more in the Adrien Pederson mold personally.

Not sayng he's the next Jim Brown but he has a similar playing style and could be that kind of player for Miami.

Wait. So i say he was comparable to Marshawn Lynch in COLLEGE because of his build and style and you then compare him to one of the GREATEST PRO running backs ever? An actual first ballot HOF guy

WTF y'all boys shot out on here

What a miserable fanbase! I guess RBs aren't worth a **** unless they have the speed of Usain Bolt, the strength of J.J. Watt, and the wiggle of Shakira.

....and they must commit to another school. If that theoretical RB that you described committed to us, there would clearly be something wrong with him for them to complain about.

Advertisement
Y'all better be glad he came out in 2015. Cause if he stayed in for the 2016, he would've ended up at an SEC school.

Miserable f^cks.

In which case he would have been a superstar and a terrible "miss" by the coaching staff according to the very same posters.

Great vision gets you through the holes that "athletic" RBs without vision never even see. Sure, you can't be running a 5.2 40, but give me a 4.45 guy with tremendous vision, patience, and the ability to learn over a 4.35 guy that needs a minor miracle to get into the open field. Some things just can't be measured for message board folk to see with their own eyes.

It's the same exact thing for a linebacker. You can't teach instinct. (See: Kuechly)

e6u4ok.gif~c200

Great Post OP

Advertisement
Back