WalterFootball Brad Kaaya Analysis

Kaaya is a talented QB who is young and still has a lot to learn. Is he an Elite college QB? I dont know. i think the world of Kaaya and yet i know he must improve his overall game.
Im sure Richt will address his weaknesses after watching game tape on Kaaya.
Im no coach but I see these
1. Stares at primary WR 90% of the time
2. Bk DOES NOT manipulate defenses
3. Zero feel for pressure, lacks mental time clock
4. 3rd down : Must improve converting 3rd downs to keep drives alive
5. Red Zone : Kaaya decision making in goal situations must improve
6. Push the ball down field quicker, to many times we all seen our WRs having to wait on the ball

I firmly except Kaaya to blossom under Richt's coaching and have a stellar first year in Richt fast break offense

Advertisement
There are certain things I have yet to see in Kaayas game that I'm not sure is coachable. Having the guts to not throw short on a 3rd or 4th and long is one of them.

Kaaya is a talented QB who is young and still has a lot to learn. Is he an Elite college QB? I dont know. i think the world of Kaaya and yet i know he must improve his overall game.
6. Push the ball down field quicker, to many times we all seen our WRs having to wait on the ball

I firmly except Kaaya to blossom under Richt's coaching and have a stellar first year in Richt fast break offense

Disagree with 1. I have seen him go through his progressions numerous times which makes me believe those times he does it it is by design to quickly get that player the ball.

3. I saw a huge jump with that last year. He moved around and up and down the pocket much more. He even started moving outside the pocket to buy more time.

4. 3rd down is not his fault. It's hard to convert 3rd and long consistently. Also the teams 3rd down percentage was much better in the 2nd half of the season.

5. How does he have bad red zone decision making when he rarely threw the ball in the red zone?

There are certain things I have yet to see in Kaayas game that I'm not sure is coachable. Having the guts to not throw short on a 3rd or 4th and long is one of them.

Guts? Why would he throw it into coverage if the wr is not open?

Advertisement
Most overhyped QB we've had in a long time. He's decent, but nowhere near where a lot of people put him. At least not to this point. N

People keep mentioning all the talent he lost from his Freshman year. Most QB's dream of that kind of talent. A good QB makes those around him better as someone previously mentioned.

I keep telling you all that all these high draft picks that some websites are throwing around won't ever happen unless something drastic happens between now and whenever he comes out. He limits what a team can do offensively because of his lack of mobility. That won't fly in the NFL.

By lack of mobility, do you mean just movement in the pocket or dual threat?

Just movement inside of the pocket and poor footwork which leads to an overall breakdown in his throwing motion. Anything outside of the pocket, you better get a quick prayer in and if he's got three yards to run for a first down it might as well be thirty.

Do you think we could agree that an improved OL would make it easier for movement to be possible? For example its easier to move away from one rusher compared to how last years Line would allow all 3 rushers at once a good amount of times. Im not saying Kaaya is perfect, of course he could work and improve on everything but seems like some people make his flaws bigger than they actually are

I'm probably one of kaayas biggest fans on this board but I want to say this I want to see kaaya next year put more air on his deep passes, yes he is pretty accurate on them but he left some touchdowns off the board that would have been a success had he thrown it a bit farther. If it is open to run I want to see him run for a first down. That would be a pleasant sight to see. Kaaya improved this year very well as far as being more accurate and avoiding pressure in the pocket. Should see vast improvements this year

Disagree with 1. I have seen him go through his progressions numerous times which makes me believe those times he does it it is by design to quickly get that player the ball.

3. I saw a huge jump with that last year. He moved around and up and down the pocket much more. He even started moving outside the pocket to buy more time.

4. 3rd down is not his fault. It's hard to convert 3rd and long consistently. Also the teams 3rd down percentage was much better in the 2nd half of the season.

5. How does he have bad red zone decision making when he rarely threw the ball in the red zone?

This.... More often than not on the drives we threw into the endzone we scored which was mind boggling why coley didn't call more passing plays near the endzone.

Most overhyped QB we've had in a long time. He's decent, but nowhere near where a lot of people put him. At least not to this point. N

People keep mentioning all the talent he lost from his Freshman year. Most QB's dream of that kind of talent. A good QB makes those around him better as someone previously mentioned.

I keep telling you all that all these high draft picks that some websites are throwing around won't ever happen unless something drastic happens between now and whenever he comes out. He limits what a team can do offensively because of his lack of mobility. That won't fly in the NFL.

By lack of mobility, do you mean just movement in the pocket or dual threat?

Just movement inside of the pocket and poor footwork which leads to an overall breakdown in his throwing motion. Anything outside of the pocket, you better get a quick prayer in and if he's got three yards to run for a first down it might as well be thirty.

Do you think we could agree that an improved OL would make it easier for movement to be possible? For example its easier to move away from one rusher compared to how last years Line would allow all 3 rushers at once a good amount of times. Im not saying Kaaya is perfect, of course he could work and improve on everything but seems like some people make his flaws bigger than they actually are

The 2015 Miami O-Line performance was what I thought and feared when I saw those candy cane photos. as i watch this awful OL play I couldn't help but think of Taylor Gadbois remarks "We need some dudes" is a precurser to Miami getting some nastiness in their O-Linemen.
To watch Cincy with 3 Dlinemen just beat up and maul our Oline and pounding Kaaya all game long was sickening. Kaaya took a beating all season.
And then you add in Coley suspect play calling and his offense with a pure pocket passer who lacks mobility you, a bad mix.

New year,new coach ,new offense ,new SC and new attitude and approach.

Advertisement
Wow. I can't believe how many people on this board trash Kaaya. You mf'ers are lucky he wanted to come to Miami or we'd be rolling with Rosier now, someone that will not even be considered in the NFL draft. People on this board need to stop acting like we have had a QB with even close to the same talent Kaaya has since Dorsey left. Just stop.

No one loves killing UM players more than UM fans. They can't even try to see the positive in our top players.

I couldn't agree with you more. I can't believe this is a Miami board sometimes. Such a joke.

do you people ****ting on kayaa realize he put up roughly the same exact numbers as jameis winston his freshmen year with less talent and a LOT i mean a **** LOAD less coaching?

Next year is the year you typically see how strong the 2018 QB class is going to be. Deshaun Watson appears to be number one on most list. I don't see a team not taking him as the first QB pick, even if it is more risky then a pro style QB. Outside of Watson I have no idea where everyone else lands. There is plenty of time for some unknown QB to step up or someone like Kaaya to take the next step. My hope is it is Kaaya because that would mean we are winning games again. The purpose of the thread was not to blast Kaaya but rather have a discussion on the remarks from WalterFootball.

Advertisement
do you people ****ting on kayaa realize he put up roughly the same exact numbers as jameis winston his freshmen year with less talent and a LOT i mean a **** LOAD less coaching?

Not that Kaaya's true freshman year will matter 2 years from now or that Jamious was a rFR but the numbers were not identical. Winston threw for over 4,000 years and had a 40/10 TD/INT ratio. Kaaya had 3,200 yards and a 26/12 TD/INT ratio. Winston also had a 7% higher completion ratio and 2 more yards per attempt.

Winston declined and got stupid his sophomore year but his freshman numbers were legit.

Not that Kaaya's true freshman year will matter 2 years from now or that Jamious was a rFR but the numbers were not identical. Winston threw for over 4,000 years and had a 40/10 TD/INT ratio. Kaaya had 3,200 yards and a 26/12 TD/INT ratio. Winston also had a 7% higher completion ratio and 2 more yards per attempt.

Winston declined and got stupid his sophomore year but his freshman numbers were legit.

Look at the team he had around him. He had a top 10 defense, good wrs, tes, o-line, and rbs. He was also year 2 in college even though he did redshirt.

Advertisement

Look at the team he had around him. He had a top 10 defense, good wrs, tes, o-line, and rbs. He was also year 2 in college even though he did redshirt.

Year 2 into the playbook

Next year is the year you typically see how strong the 2018 QB class is going to be. Deshaun Watson appears to be number one on most list. I don't see a team not taking him as the first QB pick, even if it is more risky then a pro style QB. Outside of Watson I have no idea where everyone else lands. There is plenty of time for some unknown QB to step up or someone like Kaaya to take the next step. My hope is it is Kaaya because that would mean we are winning games again. The purpose of the thread was not to blast Kaaya but rather have a discussion on the remarks from WalterFootball.

You don't hope it's kaaya. You do not like him at all. There have been several posts by you saying the same thing about him.

The guy was raw coming out of high school. Most people thought he should be redshirted to add muscle and work on his mechanics.

James coley has never coached or developed a qb in his life so it's amazing kaaya has made the strides he has. With richt coaching him I know he will get that much better.

[MENTION=1]Andrew[/MENTION] imagine what richt can do with kaaya if he helped a well below average qb like lambert get better.

Lambert at uva in 2014 59.0, 1632yds, 10tds, 11ints.
Uga 2015 63.3, 1959yds, 12tds, 2ints.

He wasn't great by any means and richt even had to pull him but he was able to become at least average under richt.

Just think what he can do with a guy like kaaya who has much more talent.

You don't hope it's kaaya. You do not like him at all. There have been several posts by you saying the same thing about him.

The guy was raw coming out of high school. Most people thought he should be redshirted to add muscle and work on his mechanics.

James coley has never coached or developed a qb in his life so it's amazing kaaya has made the strides he has. With richt coaching him I know he will get that much better.

I have made similar post about Yearby. In general I am not a fan of crowning players before they do anything, If you believe the boards Sam Bruce is a once in a decade type player and Jack Allison is a lot better than Jacob Eason. Look I root for the Canes too but I just want to see fair evaluations done. I've read on this board how great the HS QB talent is in Florida right now and then I read on SB how bad it is. If we are going to have a conversation about QB then lets stop comparing him to Peyton Manning and Tom Brady because Kaaya isn't as good as those guys.

Advertisement
Back