WalterFootball Brad Kaaya Analysis

People need to chill on 2015 Kaaya... Dude had one of the worst offensive lines in all of D1, lost his three biggest weapons on offense and had an incredibly conservative/inconsistent offensive coordinator calling plays for him. Given all of that, he led us to a surprising 8-5 record and never bad mouthed the staff or OL.

Advertisement
I don't watch film and nor am i qualified in any way to evaluate talent. But I will anyway...

It appeared to me that Kayaa was not helped by his teammates. Dropped balls, a leaky OL and penalties galore did not help his cause. Poor coaching also played a part. Play calling sucked, the check-with-me approach killed momentum and was there anybody on the field who didn't know what was coming when he went under center?

That being said, I don't think Brad played well late in games still undecided in the 4th. He wasn't clutch.

How many 4th quarter games did he actually play in? I don't remember too many close games in the 4th.

Too much is being asked of 1 guy. Be brought the team back and gave them the lead vs fsu but the defense couldn't do ****.

You've basically summed it up, but It's not that too much is being asked of 1 guy, it's that too much is being asked of this particular guy. An elite QB can carry a sub par team. Drop a good QB into the same sub par team and we'll say that too much is being asked of him. Brad has the tools to become elite, but he is not there yet. But again, his teammates and coaches haven't helped.

No.

Pure crap.

Between the playing style, call playing, coaching emphasis on big and slow, one really sorry coaching staff almost across the board - it becomes clear that ANY Cane with ANY degree of success, did so IN SPITE of coaching, scheme, and play calling.

Advertisement
Kaaya will always have the handicap of being one of the slowest QBs to ever play the game (He will either set the record at the NFL combine for slowest 40 ever for a QB or will not run the 40). This forces him to make up for that limitation by having well above average passing numbers which he has yet to achieve.

If you cant scramble 8 yards for a 1st down you better hit on + 70% of your passes.

You should watch Philip Rivers "run" - or what he calls running...
Rivers also has a great arm. Kaaya does not

I don't watch film and nor am i qualified in any way to evaluate talent. But I will anyway...

It appeared to me that Kayaa was not helped by his teammates. Dropped balls, a leaky OL and penalties galore did not help his cause. Poor coaching also played a part. Play calling sucked, the check-with-me approach killed momentum and was there anybody on the field who didn't know what was coming when he went under center?

That being said, I don't think Brad played well late in games still undecided in the 4th. He wasn't clutch.

How many 4th quarter games did he actually play in? I don't remember too many close games in the 4th.

Too much is being asked of 1 guy. Be brought the team back and gave them the lead vs fsu but the defense couldn't do ****.
And then he threw it to the FSU DL the entire potential game winning drive

No.

Pure crap.

Between the playing style, call playing, coaching emphasis on big and slow, one really sorry coaching staff almost across the board - it becomes clear that ANY Cane with ANY degree of success, did so IN SPITE of coaching, scheme, and play calling.

Agreed. Talent won 8 games last year. Should of won 10 if we had decent coaches. See Cincy and WSU.

Not so fast on Blaming BK for FSU defeat. Go look at that drive, our sorry *** OL didn't do their jobs. isaodra does NOT block Newberry,instead Newberry stands there,not rushing BK, so does Isadora. Who then leaps to bat down Kaaya pass not once but twice DI allowed this happen. If Isadora enagaged in Newberry at the point of attack by maulering his ***,Newberry does not knock Kaaya's pass

Advertisement
I mean he's an OK college qb. Not much more. Capable of getting the team to an ACCCG. But people on here act as if he's the next NFL great

Having Richt coach him instead of James X-Box Coley is enough to improve his mental game. Well, his mental wellbeing at least.

Advertisement

Not so fast on Blaming BK for FSU defeat. Go look at that drive, our sorry *** OL didn't do their jobs. isaodra does NOT block Newberry,instead Newberry stands there,not rushing BK, so does Isadora. Who then leaps to bat down Kaaya pass not once but twice DI allowed this happen. If Isadora enagaged in Newberry at the point of attack by maulering his ***,Newberry does not knock Kaaya's pass
I put that more on coaching. Some things ive questioned if Golden ever practiced were red zone offense and two minute drives. Just to name a few.

Nope he had more reliable receiver targets this year. IMO what hurt kaayas numbers which aren't bad to begin with was horrible play calling and not throwing the ball in the end zone,o line not blocking and a non existent run game. He did extremely well when you consider all of that tbh...

Agree with most of this, but I do remember him having alot of horrible throws on passes to the end zone from within the 15 yard line. Was not a good red zone QB most of the year. When they did let him pass (in the red zone) most of his incompletions were balls that were overthrown wide to the side line where it seemed like he's squeezing it a little too much on the throws where he has to put it where his guy would get it or it would go too wide out of bounds. Nothing wrong with that, except when you consistently throw it too far away from the WR to be able to make a play on it and end up never completing anything outside center field.

Advertisement
If he actually had an oline and an offensive coordinator he would undoubtedly be the best in the league.... Can't wait to see what he does with Richt but still wish he wouldvt had an actual coaching staff / roster for his full time at Miami .... I really think he could've been one the greatest all time at UM ... Still a stud though

Nope he had more reliable receiver targets this year. IMO what hurt kaayas numbers which aren't bad to begin with was horrible play calling and not throwing the ball in the end zone,o line not blocking and a non existent run game. He did extremely well when you consider all of that tbh...

He lost Clive, Duke, and Phillip and gained nobody that made a difference. How did the WR corps get more reliable last year than his freshman year?

He still has a NFL TE in Njoku and a NFL WR in Coley. I get what you are saying but most QB's don't get those type of players.

Still minus a Flowers & Mongo on the OL... One of the worst Miami OL's I can remember.

No.

Pure crap.

$$$ post

Wow. I can't believe how many people on this board trash Kaaya. You mf'ers are lucky he wanted to come to Miami or we'd be rolling with Rosier now, someone that will not even be considered in the NFL draft. People on this board need to stop acting like we have had a QB with even close to the same talent Kaaya has since Dorsey left. Just stop.

Advertisement
Back