Walk away number

Advertisement

Eight months earlier...

What is that that you’re trying to prove?

That you have no life and have time to go scouring through posts because you have the emotions of a bltchy pubescent teenage girl playing gotcha? Congratulations, you succeeded

I stand by each and every post. You think I care. You know people can lose their competitive fire very quickly when they get to a certain age. You’d know that if you didn’t work some low level job like you do.

Your shtick is getting old, and now you’re getting desperate. It’s really sad. People are trying to tell you, but you don’t seem to listen. Now go away, fairy boy

What is that that you’re trying to prove?

That you have no life and have time to go scouring through posts because you have the emotions of a bltchy pubescent teenage girl playing gotcha? Congratulations, you succeeded

I stand by each and every post. You think I care. You know people can lose their competitive fire very quickly when they get to a certain age. You’d know that if you didn’t work some low level job like you do.

Your shtick is getting old, and now you’re getting desperate. It’s really sad. People are trying to tell you, but you don’t seem to listen. Now go away, fairy boy

Advertisement
Yea pretty much. What are they going to do? Yell at him? I’m making the argument there is really nothing they can do to make his life miserable. He’s got a stronger personality than Blake times 1000, and probably most of the BOT anyway. I’m not defending him, I just know people, and you don’t get to be a head coach for that long without having a stomach and balls of steel. His problem was he was stubborn as fūck.

I know you aren't defending him and I would have no issue with you defending him either. Believe me, I know Richt is stubborn as fvck. No, I am not talking about yelling at him. If Richt ****ed off the BOT and they refused to donate anymore money to the school until Jon was fired. Than the AD and maybe even the president would come up with a bunch of different things to make Richts time in Coral Gables miserable.

I know you aren't defending him and I would have no issue with you defending him either. Believe me, I know Richt is stubborn as fvck. No, I am not talking about yelling at him. If Richt ****ed off the BOT and they refused to donate anymore money to the school until Jon was fired. Than the AD and maybe even the president would come up with a bunch of different things to make Richts time in Coral Gables miserable.

I would agree with you in a corporate setting. No doubt. Not in academia. I just don’t believe those people have the stomach for that kind of shlt. We’re all dealing in what is some speculation anyway because we don’t know what would’ve actually happened we can only guess

Donates 1 million, walks away with 18. Nice! Not as senile as we think.

Advertisement
There’s no way he walked away from all $18 million.

No way.

When a person has a relationship with his Creator, Jesus Christ, material things take back seat. Christlikeness takes front seat...only those who have that relationship can really understand unless you have understand honor. Christians are not perfect, but we are forgiven.

He ****ed me off this season, but it's hard to deny he isn't a good guy.

Me too, but he is a really good guy. Everyone needs to remember, now that he is not a hired hand, he is still full fledged member of the Cane family and handled this with real honor.

No such thing as "enough" money

Unfortunately that is true but not everyone thinks that way. If it was me, drag me out yelling and scream grabbing every last cent, but Mark is a better person than I have ever been. Sure, part of it was not wanting the focus to be on his son or to fire him but, remember Bobby dragged that same issue out as far as possible.

People that have little money are the ones that find this hardest to believe. Rick has a net worth of at least in the 15-20 million range...so yes he can walk. Additionally, I honestly believe he realized he no longer had it, and quite honestly, found it easy to walk.
Agree 100%! He's loaded he's a smart guy another 10 million is meaningless he won't spend what he has already.

Advertisement
Unfortunately that is true but not everyone thinks that way. If it was me, drag me out yelling and scream grabbing every last cent, but Mark is a better person than I have ever been. Sure, part of it was not wanting the focus to be on his son or to fire him but, remember Bobby dragged that same issue out as far as possible.
IMO it's not true, not with me anyway. At my age time is so much more important than money.

Agree 100%! He's loaded he's a smart guy another 10 million is meaningless he won't spend what he has already.

The guy had been making multi million dollar salaries for years, he’s not flashy, doesn’t spend it on booze, drugs, women, or gambling, and I’m sure it’s invested wisely for him. 20 million is the bare minimum of his net worth.

Advertisement
The guy had been making multi million dollar salaries for years, he’s not flashy, doesn’t spend it on booze, drugs, women, or gambling, and I’m sure it’s invested wisely for him. 20 million is the bare minimum of his net worth.

I’m sure he’s worth much more than that

Not one doubt about it, how long was he making 4 million @ GA? He made at least 11 million @ Miami with not state tax probably kept close to 7 of that. All those years of investment, you're right 20 million is a bare minimum.

This board really needs to lay off Richt and the childish nicknames used for him. He blew it this past season and the end of the prior season. Except he manned up realizing the game has passed him by and he lost his fire unlike previous coaches. So he walked away quietly without any drama instead of dragging this on for multiple seasons. He's forgiven in my book and got us more recognition after the Norte Dame than we've had for years. Enjoy your retirement in peace Mark you have nothing to be ashamed of.
Thank you Richt! You returned Miami to spotlight and showed what Miami football can be after the VT and Notre Dame and left the program in better position then when you found it! Left 18mil on the table and let Miami usher in Diaz and #TNM... I’ll take that any day of the week!

Advertisement
Back