Waiting until after signing day to fire coaches? Terrible idea.

I am not making it seem like anything. Anyone with a fully functioning brain can see the difference between the 2 situations.
You are correct, even after the contract is created it still needs to be reviewed by lawyers and agents. Do you think they do this just to waste time? No, often times they find things that end up causing the deal to fall through.

The guy doesn't know for sure he is not going to be there in the next couple of days. The guy also really doesn't give a schit about his recruiting class. Do you really think a position coach at school A, cares about his recruiting class once he gets to school B? He is only lying incase the deal falls through.

So as I said before. There is a big difference between a coach who has not signed a contract yet, continuing to recruit, and then leaving for a better job.

and

A coach purposely putting off a firing for a couple weeks so he can lock kids in with an LOI before firing the coach.

To put it even simpler for you.

One is a coach doing there job right up until the ink dries on their promotion. The other is a HC/AD purposely pushing off a firing(which they are 100% sure they are going to do) for the sole purpose of fooling kids into getting locked into a particular school.
Thats part of the game. Simpson left last year after signing day.

Advertisement
The optics of a coordinator waiting to "leave" after NSD could be seen in a number of different ways depending on how the story is spun. Difference in philosophy? Another opportunity? Family matters?

IF Enos is gone, I suspect Manny will try and spin it a manner that will do the least amount of harm in his eyes.

As far as recruits are concerned, if Enos leaves, there may be a few that might get ****ed off on the O side and mainly the ones that he personally recruited. If there's not an immediate top shelf OC to replace Enos, it could affect some of the O recruits decisions because of the uncertainty as to who their coach would be.

This part.

Does anyone actually believe this is the plan? This would help salvage the class, but would just be another thing to negatively recruit us with.

Imagine what other schools would say if we literally fired our coaches, days after signing day, just so the kids would be forced to stay signed to Miami. This would be TERRIBLE PR.

I’d say that’s the case on normal basis, but here’s the thing. Which recruits are dying to come play in an Enos offense based on what we’ve seen? ****, we may pick up a guy or two just by canning him.

There's no good reason to wait. All you do is add more uncertainty and people tend to avoid uncertainty. That means recruits and potential hires down the road. You also shorten your search period, shrinking the number of potential candidates as the good ones are likely to go first. Not to mention you keep Enos' name off the market for potential jobs. The quicker he gets on another staff, the less likely he is to be bitter and air dirty laundry. These are all the intangibles to consider.

Fire him and let him move on as we do the same.

A couple hurt feelings? You think it would just be a couple hurt feelings and then it would all blow over? LOL!! We are talking about pushing back the firing of a coach for the sole purpose of tricking a kid into signing with us, so that he will be trapped at our school for at least 1 year and then miss an entire other year of eligibility.

If you don't understand how badly that would look on the school and how easily other schools could use that to negatively recruit us. I really don't know what to tell you. Then again critical thinking isn't a slurpers strong suit.

you must have never heard of Bru McCoy. easy to transfer if your Coach was just fired or in his situation, the coach didn’t even get fired by the HC he just moved up.

Advertisement
you must have never heard of Bru McCoy. easy to transfer if your Coach was just fired or in his situation, the coach didn’t even get fired by the HC he just moved up.
Except schools fill their classes so if a kid was choosing between us and another school, that other school might have moved on with the next kid up.

Does anyone actually believe this is the plan? This would help salvage the class, but would just be another thing to negatively recruit us with.

Imagine what other schools would say if we literally fired our coaches, days after signing day, just so the kids would be forced to stay signed to Miami. This would be TERRIBLE PR.

I don't disagree, but schools do this all the time. We certainly wouldn't be the first, or last. Just as bad is a coach leaving for another job or promotion, but holding off till after signing day. Kuligowski did just that a couple years ago when he left us for Baga.

It is what it is, nature of the beast.

You have to understand OGH, fans that are gullible enough to believe that are also the same people that think Diaz just needs time to right the ship lol

It's just desperation for people who need something to hold onto to convince themselves it's not really as bad as it seems... If Diaz was gonna fire Enox he would've already done it...

Today is literally "Black Monday" for College coaches, we've seen 7-8 programs make changes to their coaching staff today, why hasn't Miami? Because Diaz & the AD are on the same page, everything's fine, nothing needs to change, we'll give it go for next year & when we go 5-7 they'll make the same exact excuses & act like nothing's wrong.

Waiting until after NSD to fire coaches is tantamount to waiting until you get your girl pregnant before you get a divorce, if you knew you was leaving her why TF would you get her pregnant? Lol...

It's just something to throw out there to give gullible slurppers hope, that's all, nobody's getting fired from this staff.
Oh how I wish I could disagree with you just this once but this is all truth. The school is just fine with Manny. They had their African American coach, now they have their Hispanic coach even if they had to go to fsu to get him. If you really want to figure out the next HC, start looking at women. If Butch really, really, really wants to coach at Miami again, he needs to get on trans fast lane and maybe he can offer a two for one deal next year.

Advertisement

Either way, it seems easier then ever to just get out of the signed LOI, I think it is stupid if that’s what we are doing.

I don't disagree, but schools do this all the time. We certainly wouldn't be the first, or last. Just as bad is a coach leaving for another job or promotion, but holding off till after signing day. Kuligowski did just that a couple years ago when he left us for Baga.

It is what it is, nature of the beast.

Its worse when it is the staff purposely waiting to fire a coach, so he can lock in a recruiting class though.
With the Kool example, he didn't hang around to lock in the class. That is just the way it played out.

Except after signing day, odds are a lot of the other class have been filled at that position. Not only that, its not guaranteed you get the waiver. And if its so easy to get waivers, then what is the point of waiting to fire the corch in the first place?

Advertisement
The only thing I see is that Manny can't make a home run hire before Signing day and that's the reason why he doesn't fire Enos. Unless Manny can hire someone like Harrell right after Enos firing goes public.

Advertisement
That is not what I am saying. I am saying, waiting until after signing day to ***** over the kids, so they are forced to play for an OC that they may not like. Is not a good idea.
I am sure diaz would be upfront with them looking to make changes. doesnt seem like type not to. also their are outs in letter of intents alot of time when coaching change happens. even oc. we saw it with a qb at usc after kingsbury left for nfl. teams usually will let a new signee out of there signing if fire coach they wanted to play for.

If Manure doesn’t fire Penos he’s holding that card to use it next year. He’s a student of UM’s pvssy ways and is banking on getting a 3rd year regardless of what he does next year.

I do think he demands that Enos change offensive systems into a more spread system. He can then say we are trying but Enos did not work. Remember Enos signed a two year deal worth about $3M. If he refuses, then UM has cause to fire him without payment. That or he can leave for a new staff much like Simpson and Mario did. Everyone saves face.

Advertisement
Back