Waiting until after signing day to fire coaches? Terrible idea.

Advertisement
C14EBA64-E5E4-4C5E-A090-D23E1BC01466.gif

I think we’d be happier with a new OC and a couple hurt feelings. That’s business

A couple hurt feelings? You think it would just be a couple hurt feelings and then it would all blow over? LOL!! We are talking about pushing back the firing of a coach for the sole purpose of tricking a kid into signing with us, so that he will be trapped at our school for at least 1 year and then miss an entire other year of eligibility.

If you don't understand how badly that would look on the school and how easily other schools could use that to negatively recruit us. I really don't know what to tell you. Then again critical thinking isn't a slurpers strong suit.

Advertisement
Head and assistant coaches recruit kids all the time then bolt the day after NSD to another better paying job at another university.

Literally happens dozens of times every offseason. Understand the logic behind it but at this point, at this level, I think most kids understand it's a business.

Head and assistant coaches recruit kids all the time then bolt the day after NSD to another better paying job at another university.

Literally happens dozens of times every offseason. Understand the logic behind it but at this point, at this level, I think most kids understand it's a business.

There is a big difference between signing a contract after signing day and purposely waiting to fire a coach so the kids will be stuck at the school after signing day.

There is a big difference between signing a contract after signing day and purposely waiting to fire a coach so the kids will be stuck at the school after signing day.

How? Because they signed the contract they'd been working on for weeks two days after a kid faxes in his LOI?

The intent to deceive is there just the same. Happens all the time, it's a business.

How? Because they signed the contract they'd been working on for weeks two days after a kid faxes in his LOI?

The intent to deceive is there just the same. Happens all the time, it's a business.

Yes, because until that contract is signed, you don't know for sure you are leaving.
There is a massive difference between "I may leave within the next few weeks, but I am going to keep it to myself because I don't know for sure" and "I am going to wait a couple weeks to fire this bum because I want to make sure the kids he recruited are stuck here for atleast 1 year".

Advertisement
If Enos fired now, who will call the plays in the bowl game they aren’t turning down? Don’t even care about signing day. It’s obvious the other stooges on the offense side have no idea.

I have a feeling Diaz is pot committed fellas. He’s riding this out with his guys. He wants to be right so bad, he’s gonna lose his job bc of it.
He’s a stubborn coach it’s as clear as day, which is why he’s hired a bunch of yes man around him on his defense

Yes, because until that contract is signed, you don't know for sure you are leaving.
There is a massive difference between "I may leave within the next few weeks, but I am going to keep it to myself because I don't know for sure" and "I am going to wait a couple weeks to fire this bum because I want to make sure the kids he recruited are stuck here for atleast 1 year".

You're just making one seem more nefarious than the other to suit your position. Any coach who hauls *** two days after NSD knows he's leaving. They don't just whip up a contract the day before then sign it and away he goes. It's first reviewed by agents and attorneys for both sides.

When he's in there closing the kid the weekend before he's out the door chances are he's lying through his teeth.

Neither is good for the player but it is what it is in this business.

If Enos fired now, who will call the plays in the bowl game they aren’t turning down? Don’t even care about signing day. It’s obvious the other stooges on the offense side have no idea.
That’s a big issue right there. They won’t turn down the Kohler Toilet Bowl and there is no one on the otfensive side of the ball who calls plays.

Advertisement
You're just making one seem more nefarious than the other to suit your position. Any coach who hauls *** two days after NSD knows he's leaving. They don't just whip up a contract the day before then sign it and away he goes. It's first reviewed by agents and attorneys for both sides.

When he's in there closing the kid the weekend before he's out the door chances are he's lying through his teeth.

There is a distinction if the Head Coach doesn’t know that the assistant is leaving and then he leaves after signing day vs a Head Coach waiting until after signing day to fire a guy.

Now, if you are saying that a HC knows a guy is leaving and keeps it silent to recruits until after signing day, I think that’s the same thing as waiting to fire a guy to keep recruits. The former does happen and it’s a bad look on all involved.

1575374198714.png
Who above Marny has balls enough to fire anybody? I will hold my breath waiting for answers. Bare bare minimum for Marny himself is to **** can Enos.

There is a distinction if the Head Coach doesn’t know that the assistant is leaving and then he leaves after signing day vs a Head Coach waiting until after signing day to fire a guy.

Now, if you are saying that a HC knows a guy is leaving and keeps it silent to recruits until after signing day, I think that’s the same thing as waiting to fire a guy to keep recruits. The former does happen and it’s a bad look on all involved.

I wonder if assistants need permission to speak to other schools if under contract. Don’t know the answer is to that but I’d guess yes.

Advertisement
**** with all of this "salvaging the class by keeping him until after signing day". Fire him now and give kids hope for the future. No one can be worse, unless Manny reaches out to the bottom 10% of posters here. Even then, it would be a crapshoot.

I am not making it seem like anything. Anyone with a fully functioning brain can see the difference between the 2 situations.
You are correct, even after the contract is created it still needs to be reviewed by lawyers and agents. Do you think they do this just to waste time? No, often times they find things that end up causing the deal to fall through.

The guy doesn't know for sure he is not going to be there in the next couple of days. The guy also really doesn't give a schit about his recruiting class. Do you really think a position coach at school A, cares about his recruiting class once he gets to school B? He is only lying incase the deal falls through.

So as I said before. There is a big difference between a coach who has not signed a contract yet, continuing to recruit, and then leaving for a better job.

and

A coach purposely putting off a firing for a couple weeks so he can lock kids in with an LOI before firing the coach.

To put it even simpler for you.

One is a coach doing there job right up until the ink dries on their promotion. The other is a HC/AD purposely pushing off a firing(which they are 100% sure they are going to do) for the sole purpose of fooling kids into getting locked into a particular school.

The optics of a coordinator waiting to "leave" after NSD could be seen in a number of different ways depending on how the story is spun. Difference in philosophy? Another opportunity? Family matters?

IF Enos is gone, I suspect Manny will try and spin it a manner that will do the least amount of harm in his eyes.

As far as recruits are concerned, if Enos leaves, there may be a few that might get ****ed off on the O side and mainly the ones that he personally recruited. If there's not an immediate top shelf OC to replace Enos, it could affect some of the O recruits decisions because of the uncertainty as to who their coach would be.

You can't fire him after signing day, but you can fire him AFTER the bowl game. You can put him on notice that he needs to show you something better than the bull**** we've rolled out there previously.

Could that have been the discussion? Definitely.. Was it the discussion? I don't know.

I hope that something similar happened and is the reason Enos was all butt hurt and stopped following Manny (allegedly). That's the political move and would fit Manny's profile. He could also keep the staff in tact.

I can't say. I just know that I would hope he can see that he needs to let Enos go if he wants to make the best use of the talent that is on the offensive side of the roster.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back