W-L that Gets Diaz Extension or Relieved

10 w's = extension
Less than 7 w's = GTFO
With this schedule, 7 should get him fired. It won't, but it should. 10+ wins gets him an extension.

To me it's how we look in wins and losses, not just the number. If we are playing down to less talented teams every week, but somehow manage to get 8 wins, I want him gone. If we monkey stomp 9 teams, but then lose a few really close games to talented teams, I might not be against an extension. I want to see a team that looks like they are taking the next step forward, not one that is a bounce away from losing to App State, or any other stompable team on our schedule. I want to be able to say, "Hey, we won 9, but we were 7 points from being undefeated." Not, "Hey we won 8 games, but **** near only won 4."

I want progress. Real progress.

Advertisement
Barring some extenuating circumstances to 2021 season, what record gets Manuela an extension (or at least talk of one) and what gets him fired?

15-0 Natty - Extension
14-1 - Extension
13-1 - Extension?
12-1 - Extension?
11-1 - Extension?
10-2 - Extension?
9-3 - 😐
8-4 - 😐
7-5 - 😐
6-6 - Fired?
5-7 - Fired?
4-8 - Fired*
3-9 - Fired*
2-10 - Fired*
1-11 - Fired*
0-12 - Fired*

*probably mid-season

Obviously a few other W-L permutations that get Miami to ACCCG. If they make it and lose, extension?

What if Miami beats Bama, will James hand him an extension before they hit the tarmac at MIA (unlikely, but we are talking James here)?

What if Miami starts 0-3? or 1-2? Has BoT seen enough of Lashlee to formally give him the keys** to determine if he can be Greentree's Dabo Wabo?

**Who gets promoted to Interim DC then? Simpson? T-Rob? Shoop***

***Kudos to Sawyer bringing it up
If I were the boss, 11-2, with losses to Bama and Clemson (in ACC Championship), then a victory in a significant bowl is enough.
Or, 10-3, but beat either Bama or Clemson (again in ACC Championship, if that is possible with 2 losses in the ACC), then a victory in a significant bowl.
8-4 would not do it. With that record, even a bowl victory would probably not be very impressive.

Advertisement
Barring some extenuating circumstances to 2021 season, what record gets Manuela an extension (or at least talk of one) and what gets him fired?

15-0 Natty - Extension
14-1 - Extension
13-1 - Extension?
12-1 - Extension?
11-1 - Extension?
10-2 - Extension?
9-3 - 😐
8-4 - 😐
7-5 - 😐
6-6 - Fired?
5-7 - Fired?
4-8 - Fired*
3-9 - Fired*
2-10 - Fired*
1-11 - Fired*
0-12 - Fired*

*probably mid-season

Obviously a few other W-L permutations that get Miami to ACCCG. If they make it and lose, extension?

What if Miami beats Bama, will James hand him an extension before they hit the tarmac at MIA (unlikely, but we are talking James here)?

What if Miami starts 0-3? or 1-2? Has BoT seen enough of Lashlee to formally give him the keys** to determine if he can be Greentree's Dabo Wabo?

**Who gets promoted to Interim DC then? Simpson? T-Rob? Shoop***

***Kudos to Sawyer bringing it up

Alabama - L
Appalachian St. - W
Michigan St. - W
C. Conn. St. - W
Virginia - W
North Carolina - W
N.C. St. - W
Pitt - W
Georgia Tech - W
FSU - W
Va Tech - W
Duke - W
ACC Championship (Clemson) - L
Bowl Game (Orange Bowl) - W

This should get him an extension. This should also be the goal for the season, 12-2 with a win in a bowl game. At 11-3, it depends on the third loss and its circumstances. At 10-4 (or 9-4 without the conference championship game), that's a regression from 2020; that would be hard for most of us to stomach.

Last edited:
It’s crazy to think only one 10 win season since 2003. So we know just base on the stat alone we would have Manny for another 5 years . A 9 win season would keep him around . An 8 win season would be calling for him to be fired , but the school wouldn’t do it , and if an 8 win season occurs I could see Miami losing Rhett Lashlee , and another cycle of what we have seen the last 18 years.

Alabama - L
Appalachian St. - W
Michigan St. - W
C. Conn. St. - W
Virginia - W
North Carolina - W
N.C. St. - W
Pitt - W
Georgia Tech - W
FSU - W
Va Tech - W
Duke - W
ACC Championship (Clemson) - L
Bowl Game (Orange Bowl) - W

This should get him an extension. This should also be the goal for the season, 12-2 with a win in a bowl game. At 11-3, it depends on the third loss and its circumstances. At 10-4, that's a regression from 2020; that would be hard for most of us to stomach.
I can respect you putting a marker down.

We likley lose to Bama, UNC and to Clemson if we make the ACCCG.

Any less than 8 wins he needs to be gone. Especially if any of them taste like UNC/Clemson last season.

Advertisement
Lock this thread.

As Basketball and Baseball continue to fail under his watch, a lot is on the line for James with this upcoming Football season. Our Athletics have gone to complete **** because of him.

As for Díaz, an extension is definitely coming, unfortunately. Let’s just pray James puts in a strong termination clause in our favor.

So if we go 11-1, with our only loss being to Bama, do you give Manny an extension?
At 11-1, only loss to Bama, do you give Manny an extension?
@Hurracanes ☝️❓
Absofu*kinglutely
And you’re no fan of Manny and you can at least set this bar. Yet there are some notable posters here who just bash or slurp but won’t set a standard they can live with so that they can keep moving the bar and carrying on with their agenda.

So if we go 11-1, with our only loss being to Bama, do you give Manny an extension?

@Hurracanes ☝️❓

And you’re no fan of Manny and you can at least set this bar. Yet there are some notable posters here who just bash or slurp but won’t set a standard they can live with so that they can keep moving the bar and carrying on with their agenda.
You're 100%....I'm not a Manny guy whatsoever....but i'm not gonna wish him or the team any ill will....I'd never stoop that low....

Honestly, 9 wins and above he'll get an extension. He'd probably get an extension on 8, but kept on a very short leash.

If he wins only 7 games, the board needs to fire his ***.

Advertisement
Question...

Is Blake's fortune tied to Manuela's???

Manny goes, BoT kicks Blake to curb as well?

Do you see any reasonable scenarios where Manny is canned but Blake continues to ruin Hecht?

Advertisement
You guys sound as if you're disappointed that we beat oklahoma! Practically everyone I just mentioned went on to have a better career than Bradford. Stop acting like OUR team was pure trash! Not a personal shot but cmon bro!
What a weird hill to die on. We beat an average football team that day by one point. That average team was missing 3 starting players who were elite at the college level.

On name recognition it was a good win. In reality they were an average team on our schedule. In that season we did a good job of beating average and below average teams.

If the pandemic doesn’t hit last year Manny is almost assuredly sitting at 10-2 going into the bowl game with a Coastal championship.

There’s a bunch of factors. We wouldn’t have played Clemson. The UNC beat down would not have mattered because we would have already clinched the coastal. We lost two very very winnable OoC games from the schedule.

UNC and Ok St left a bad taste in everyone’s mouth, as it should have, but we definitely took a step forward last year. That step just wasn’t so obvious because of playing less games and the virus impact on the team.

In saying that, there is still zero excuse for the way we played against Clemson, UNC, and 1st quarter OK St.

I want ACC title game this year and will be disappointed if we don’t go but I would keep Manny around if we beat the teams we should beat in non nail biting fashion, and don’t look stupid in a limited amount of losses to good/great teams. 9-3 going into the bowl should be the floor.

What a weird hill to die on. We beat an average football team that day by one point. That average team was missing 3 starting players who were elite at the college level.

On name recognition it was a good win. In reality they were an average team on our schedule. In that season we did a good job of beating average and below average teams.
And we weren’t an average team lol? We're talking '09 homie, not '00 through '03 lol. Had we lost that game you guys would be bich'n about how pathetic it was to lose to a team without their starting qb lol. And I seriously doubt Gresham would have been a game changer that night lol.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back