VT vs. GT

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm looking forward to this one, I think GT is a better team right now, but wouldn't be shocked if VT pulled an upset. I expect VTs defense to play very well, just don't know if their offense can do enough to win.

I think GT is much better than people think. Their D is so much better this year and that offense is always capable of hitting a few big plays.

Both these teams suck this year IMO! I could care less who wins this one. We better beat both by at least 2 TDs.

I'd like to see GT win this game so we can face a ranked team other than FSU this year. Plus if GT could run the table after us and have a 9 or 10 win season, which looks good on us.

Then again, the same scenario could happen with VT, but I can't see VT not dropping a couple of games simply because they are such an undisciplined football team with a QB that is a turnover machine.

Advertisement
GT only so we get a better time slot on Saturday. It'll give me a chance to go to the gun range and grill some meat if it isn't a noon kickoff. I'd prefer a 3:30 game. In truth, I don't give a ****. I hate both of these teams.

GT by a lot. VTs defense will keep it low scoring but VT is so ******* terrible on offense and GT is improved a fair amount this year.

I think GT is much better than people think. Their D is so much better this year and that offense is always capable of hitting a few big plays.
Agree. The game next week is going to be a tough one. For the most part they don't have trouble scoring the ball, it's their defense that has been a major issue. Although Ted Roof wasn't all that good at Auburn he has them playing solid defense atm. They have three ALL-ACC type of players in Thomas(CB), Attoachu(DE), and Young(CB).

Also, the QB they have now seems like a legit dual-threat who can actually throw the ball a bit.

Advertisement
Is it me not paying attention or have teams figured out Paul Johnson's offense? I havent seen Ga Tech hang 50 on anyone in the past year or so.

Not sure if GT has a better option. PJ's offense gives them a shot considering the talent restrictions they have because of academic requirements.

Logan Thomas is the worst QB in the ACC.

Hard to say which coach is a bigger ****head in this one. I'm going with Beamer just cause he's been around longer.

Is it me not paying attention or have teams figured out Paul Johnson's offense? I havent seen Ga Tech hang 50 on anyone in the past year or so.

I think you're right about other teams defending against that offense. Possibly why they are trying to develop a passing option with the latest qb.

Advertisement
Agree. The game next week is going to be a tough one. For the most part they don't have trouble scoring the ball, it's their defense that has been a major issue. Although Ted Roof wasn't all that good at Auburn he has them playing solid defense atm. They have three ALL-ACC type of players in Thomas(CB), Attoachu(DE), and Young(CB).

Also, the QB they have now seems like a legit dual-threat who can actually throw the ball a bit.

They've yet to face a really good offense. UNC is good on offense, but they lost their best player, Bernard, who was a guy that scared opponents to death. Teams had to game plan for him. They don't have a guy like that now. On top of it, that game was played in a monsoon, so it's hard to judge much.

Lulz at Heather.

2013 Top 25 player countdown: No. 25
July, 23, 2013
Jul 23
2:00
PM ET
By Heather Dinich | ESPN.com

Recommend0
Tweet6
Comments0
Email
Print

It’s that time of year, ACC fans -- the time to argue, debate and discuss who the best 25 players in the ACC will be in 2013. This has become an annual tradition here at ESPN.com, and it hasn’t gotten any easier. Colleague Andrea Adelson and I have been tweaking this list for a week now, and made a few changes after speaking to coaches and players recently at the ACC Football Kickoff. Remember: This list is NOT an NFL draft projection. It was compiled using two main factors: Past performance and future potential.

Kicking off the list is ...

No. 25: Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech

Previous ranking: Not ranked.

Making the case for Thomas: Consider this a vote of confidence for the Hokies’ embattled quarterback. Those within the program are convinced Thomas is better than he was a year ago, evidenced by the fact he won the George Preas Award as the most valuable offensive player of spring practice. First-year offensive coordinator Scot Loeffler has tweaked Thomas’ mechanics to help make him a more accurate passer. Thomas has reconstructed his drops, his weight transfer, and the timing between his upper body and lower half, so that while he’s throwing to the target, his lower body isn’t spinning out to the left. And at 6-foot-6, 257 pounds, Thomas is tough for opposing defenders to bring down. Let’s not forget that Thomas led his team in rushing last year and broke his own school record for total offense with 3,500 yards. Thomas has something to prove this fall after throwing 16 interceptions last year, but the players around him also have to pull their own weight. If Thomas isn’t forced into trying to do everything himself, which was a problem last year, his improvement should be reflected in the win column.

Advertisement
Back