VT vs. GT

so....one game season (fsu)?

As fans we can say that.

Obviously Golden has to keep the team focused each and every week - it's so easy to slip up.

If we play like we did against Florida then yes we stomp everyone, but FSU.

Advertisement
Need to see Coley and his offense perform against decent defenses. We have the talent but havent really seemed in sync, though everyone knows UF defense will make plenty of offenses look bad. Still Have to see it beforehand.

I think VT beats them straight up.

We talk endlessly about not being worried about the triple option, but VT has just as good a track record with it as we do. VT looked tough up front against Bama. Not sure Logan Thomas can do enough to not lose the game but I think for one night he gets it done.

Good call

VT is killed by their lack of a RB otherwise this is a 10 win team. Their defense looks good.

GT wow.

Are you kidding? They don't have a single reliable receiver at any position.

That's not a one-dimensional team. If they had a RB, they'd be one-dimensional.

That's a zero-dimensional team. We should beat them by 17, minimum.

Look at how VT won in the past.

1. Defense

2. Limit TO

3. Running Game (R.Williams, D. Wilson, K. Jones, B. Ore, D. Evans)

They need that big time back to put up big numbers like they have in the past. Without the run, which dictates their offense, they can't have the success. Look at lazt year, the run game was terrible and they didn't have that big time back.

Key words in your post?

'in the past'

Vat will be tough. That defense will be swarming. Hopefully, Morris has his **** together by then and actually make them pay when Foster sends teh heet...

Advertisement
Their o sucks fat ones tho smh. If Thomas couldn't run the ball with his size they'd only win like 5 lol. Their wrs drop so many passes!!

Their o sucks fat ones tho smh. If Thomas couldn't run the ball with his size they'd only win like 5 lol. Their wrs drop so many passes!!

In fairness GT made tv look like the Peyton manning broncos in comparison...

But **** both of them were gonna roll on them to the ACC ship!!

There is only one year where VT really worroed me...that was vicks freshman yr....and even though we knocked him out he game we still got scrapped. Since then i cant think of any vt team that ever had me think "oh wow they may be too tough for us". I always felt we had a better team no matter what. But yet....time after ******* time these ******* stay scrapping us!!!!!! Yes we killed them last yr and it felt **** good, but we need to stop over looking this **** team. They been stayin in us for a while. Yes we should roll easy but that hardly happpens. Other than FSU, vtech worries me. F unc, f gt, and the rest, vt for some reason plays us great.

Advertisement
so now we have a noon game looking at us...and Duke will beat VT this year as will MD
GT had a horrible schedule WTF their whole ACC season in 4 weeks..
Duke, UNC, Vt, MIA...

If we lose to any ACC team in the coastal the season is a failure..its that simple you see one or two play makers on these other teams...the only weakness I see for us is mistakes like penalties at the wrong time or turnovers beating us.....not talent this year.

VT is killed by their lack of a RB otherwise this is a 10 win team. Their defense looks good.

GT wow.

1. Defense

2. Limit TO

They need that big time back to put up big numbers like they have in the past. Without the run, which dictates their offense, they can't have the success. Look at lazt year, the run game was terrible and they didn't have that big time back.

Now they are relying on their qb to be that runner. I think our d will be ready for him. we have the speed and strength to take him down. No more 210lb lbs out there trying to take him down.

GT wow.

1. Defense

2. Limit TO

Key words in your post?

'in the past'

Correct, in the past.

Now they are missing that one key ingredient, they won't win 10 games but they will have a good defense, limit TOs and not be able to run the ball.

GT wow.

1. Defense

2. Limit TO

Now they are relying on their qb to be that runner. I think our d will be ready for him. we have the speed and strength to take him down. No more 210lb lbs out there trying to take him down.

He isn't that good of a running option IMO.

Advertisement
Although I do agree that games like that are the reason that ACC will never be taken seriously. Its also the reason why the ACC board is depending on UM to keep rising to the top and join Clemson and FSU as consistantly elite programs. But that game wont be any more boring then the WISC vs OSU game. Big Ten football could be the most boring games to watch top to bottom.

We should definitely slaughter Gtech. Vtech im not so sure. Whenever we feel like we have those guys by the balls they always end up beating us. They have won the Coastal the majority of the time. (8 out of 10 or something insane like that). Lets show them a little more respect until we start puttin some numbers on the board.

Well, I WAS slightly concerned about these 2 teams before tonight.

That was a you problem.

They were both this bad before kickoff.

Fair enough. VT's defense appears to be legit though. First time watching GT this year, all I knew about them were stats and scores from previous games. They're basura.

GT is also coached by a moron.

First the guy has no understanding of the clock. 8 minutes left in the game, 3 time outs, 4th and 2 and GT has the ball on their 33 yard line. Paul decides to go for it against VT's defense.

Second, this guy can't just stick to this stupid option BS. He needs to be a little flexible and he can't have everything come out of this formation. He needs some more I-Formation for short yardage. His passing playbook is non-existent and when GT does run a pass, it looks like their running a play without any practice. How does this guy not have something more by now?

It's not for lack of talent at the WR position: Demaryius Thomas (08-09) and Stephen Hill (09-11)

When Paul Johnson goes to these other formations, they look terrible. The OL can't block either because they are not ready for these types of plays either.

Finally, this guy has the talent to do much much more. Since 2008 GT NFL Players:

1. Jon Dwyer
2. Tashard Choice
3. Anthony Allen
4. Joshua Nesbitt (FS used to be QB)
5. Stephen Hill
6. D. Thomas
7. Kevin Cone
8. Vance Walker
9. Cord Howard
10. Michael Johnson
11. Marion Butler
12. Morgan Burnett
13. Andrew Gardner
14. Derrick Morgan

But Paul Johnson and his lack of improvement in the playbook will never get GT going in the right direction.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I've seen a number of posts on the GT board and even some in this thread stating that Vad Lee can throw and I'm stuck wondering...

"WTF is everyone watching?!?!"

I've seen a number of posts on the GT board and even some in this thread stating that Vad Lee can throw and I'm stuck wondering...

"WTF is everyone watching?!?!"

He throws moon balls, and is the most innacurate passer I have ever seen. Looks like a slightly less intelligent Reggie Ball out there.

Advertisement
Back