VT-Pitt

We don't have big maulers nor do we have that athletic of linemen. They have no strengths as a unit. Take off your rose colored glasses and realize this team isn't that talented.

Al Golden has taught you well.

You're right, we have All Americans everywhere.

You're right, we lack the skill level to score 22 points in a game.

Well, I mean, OL and QB are two of the most important positions on the entire team and we are lacking there. It's hard to score points when you only have a few Miami quality players on that side of the ball. Kaaya isn't getting it done, the OL is absolutely awful, Walton is blind, Yearby is incredibly slow, Coley is inconsistent, Njoku has poor hands, Richards has inconsistent hands, Berrios is a combine star, but that's it. Be real for a minute and realize this team just isn't that good.

Advertisement
We don't have big maulers nor do we have that athletic of linemen. They have no strengths as a unit. Take off your rose colored glasses and realize this team isn't that talented.

Al Golden has taught you well.

You're right, we have All Americans everywhere.

You're right, we lack the skill level to score 22 points in a game.

Well, I mean, OL and QB are two of the most important positions on the entire team and we are lacking there. It's hard to score points when you only have a few Miami quality players on that side of the ball. Kaaya isn't getting it done, the OL is absolutely awful, Walton is blind, Yearby is incredibly slow, Coley is inconsistent, Njoku has poor hands, Richards has inconsistent hands, Berrios is a combine star, but that's it. Be real for a minute and realize this team just isn't that good.

You apparently don't watch college football.

A ton of offenses are doing more with less, stop with the excuses

You honestly have no sense of deja vu when you say our team is not that good, don't you?

Can you not recall a year ago when our defense couldn't record a stop to save their lives? And now, fast forward a year later, that defense has put us in a position to win 6 of our 7 games -- in spite of MAJOR setbacks that would excuse our defense underperforming. Hmmm? What could have changed? Something suspicious is going on, I'm going to let you have at it.

Now, on the other side of the ball, despite returning 10 of 11 starters, having 2 NFL TE's to throw to, an NFL receiver and a freshman phenom to throw to, and a serviceable QB, we've managed to regress on offense. ****, I've got that suspicious feeling again! Wtf could be the cause for the regression?

Have I held your hand through all the tough elementary thinking needed to solve the problem? No? Ok let me try to explain it you one last time...

Are we now playing in the SEC East? Because that's just about the last place defense strives in the NCAA anymore. The UNC's and VT's of the world are at best an average defensive squad, and yet we're out here getting sacked 8 times in a game and managing more three and outs than any team in the country. When the Syracuse's, and VT's of the world, who rely on two star recruits and mid tier program transfers are outperforming us BY A MILE on offense with their first year head coaches, then something is most certainly wrong with our first year head coach.

Last edited:
We need to copy what Vtech did. Fire the HC and force the next HC to retain our DC. Lets do it tonight!

Dang, you must have cashed in your paycheck for rolls of quarters to play that slot machine in your head, hoping for an instant jackpot...

You honestly have no sense of deja vu when you say our team is not that good, don't you?

Can you not recall a year ago when our defense couldn't record a stop to save their lives? And now, fast forward a year later, that defense has put us in a position to win 6 of our 7 games -- in spite of MAJOR setbacks that would excuse our defense underperforming. Hmmm? What could have changed? Something suspicious is going on, I'm going to let you have at it.

Now, on the other side of the ball, despite returning 10 of 11 starters, having 2 NFL TE's to throw to, an NFL receiver and a freshman phenom to throw to, and a serviceable QB, we've managed to regress on offense. ****, I've got that suspicious feeling again! Wtf could be the cause for the regression?

Have I held your hand through all the tough elementary thinking needed to solve the problem? No? Ok let me try to explain it you one last time...

Are we now playing in the SEC East? Because that's just about the last place defense strives in the NCAA anymore. The UNC's and VT's of the world are at best an average defensive squad, and yet we're out here getting sacked 8 times in a game and managing more three and outs than any team in the country. When the Syracuse's, and VT's of the world, who rely on two star recruits and mid tier program transfers are outperforming us BY A MILE on offense with their first year head coaches, then something is most certainly wrong with our first year head coach.

We knew we had talent on the defensive side and that is why the scheme was so frustrating. It didn't play to their strengths and was purely ineffective. It didn't match the athletes we had.

Offense is a different story. We have a front 7 on defense that all has the potential to go pro. We have 8 guys on the DL that have the potential to go pro. We have KC on the OL as really the only guy with prop potential at the moment. Coley will go pro. Njoku has the size and athleticism to go pro, but he's an average blocker with poor hands at the moment. Herndon is solid. Richards is a freshman and inconsistent like you'd expect as a true frosh.

Kaaya has been dropped off of any draft board and will be a UDA at this rate. We have a OL that doesn't run block well, they can't pass block at all. We have Walton who has speed, but has terrible vision. We have Yearby with elite feet and vision, but is the slowest skill player on the team.

How do you scheme around an awful OL and a QB that is way off of his game at the moment? Teams are loading the box and daring us to beat them with the pass and we can't because Kaaya makes the wrong read, doesn't make his progressions, or just misses the throw.

Advertisement

We knew we had talent on the defensive side and that is why the scheme was so frustrating. It didn't play to their strengths and was purely ineffective. It didn't match the athletes we had.

Offense is a different story. We have a front 7 on defense that all has the potential to go pro. We have 8 guys on the DL that have the potential to go pro. We have KC on the OL as really the only guy with prop potential at the moment. Coley will go pro. Njoku has the size and athleticism to go pro, but he's an average blocker with poor hands at the moment. Herndon is solid. Richards is a freshman and inconsistent like you'd expect as a true frosh.

Kaaya has been dropped off of any draft board and will be a UDA at this rate. We have a OL that doesn't run block well, they can't pass block at all. We have Walton who has speed, but has terrible vision. We have Yearby with elite feet and vision, but is the slowest skill player on the team.

How do you scheme around an awful OL and a QB that is way off of his game at the moment? Teams are loading the box and daring us to beat them with the pass and we can't because Kaaya makes the wrong read, doesn't make his progressions, or just misses the throw.

Here's a wild thought: play your best RB who consistantly can get to the 2nd level and not the guy who plows into the back of his blockers.

Maybe work the middle of the field with some slants, crosses, drags. Maybe not run 4 verts on every 3rd down, especially 3rd and short. Try some bunch formations and rub routes. There are a lot of ways to scheme around a mediocre line, tons of teams do it around the country every week bc college OLs are rarely strong.

Coley was a bad OC and he's looking good compared to Richt. He ignored the middle of the field but Richt is taking it to a new level. Coley had Kaaya as a consensus preseason #1 pick. 7 games in and he is the consensus #1 or #2 reason, according to the board, why the offense sucks.

I think what's getting lost in all this is pretty simple

richt has never had to deal with an offensive line this outright terrible. I believe searles is making the job twice as bad as well.

so richt has never had to come up with a game plan to get around this and it's showing

and the truth is, he has adjusted despite the naysayers. We have went from i formation football to a spread shotgun in just 2-2.5 weeks

I feel bad for him because he couldn't tell this was coming in spring and fall practice. I thought these guys would be much improved with a "real" o line coach, but it hasn't happened and it has forced richt to come up with a new playbook in the middle of the ***ing year.

pretty simple ****

I think what's getting lost in all this is pretty simple

richt has never had to deal with an offensive line this outright terrible. I believe searles is making the job twice as bad as well.

so richt has never had to come up with a game plan to get around this and it's showing

and the truth is, he has adjusted despite the naysayers. We have went from i formation football to a spread shotgun in just 2-2.5 weeks

I feel bad for him because he couldn't tell this was coming in spring and fall practice. I thought these guys would be much improved with a "real" o line coach, but it hasn't happened and it has forced richt to come up with a new playbook in the middle of the ***ing year.

pretty simple ****

You haven't been watching the games if you think he's completely changed the playbook from the beginning of the year

Advertisement

Here's a wild thought: play your best RB who consistantly can get to the 2nd level and not the guy who plows into the back of his blockers.

Maybe work the middle of the field with some slants, crosses, drags. Maybe not run 4 verts on every 3rd down, especially 3rd and short. Try some bunch formations and rub routes. There are a lot of ways to scheme around a mediocre line, tons of teams do it around the country every week bc college OLs are rarely strong.

Coley was a bad OC and he's looking good compared to Richt. He ignored the middle of the field but Richt is taking it to a new level. Coley had Kaaya as a consensus preseason #1 pick. 7 games in and he is the consensus #1 or #2 reason, according to the board, why the offense sucks.

Offensive efficiency is 10 points higher this year than it was under Coley. I don't know why you guys act like we had a decent offense last year. They were awful last year and they are bad this year.

Advertisement
Back