Vs Gulf Coast

Advertisement
They are not even discussing moving Zamora from SS.

Not even for a second.

Notice how they never take him out when they make defensive changes.

That’s because there’s no one in the roster that can play SS. They’ve accepted the defensive liability because of his bat.
If we luck out and Mathew Lugo comes next year You think staff won’t move Zamora?

Advertisement
That’s what I’m saying we recruit one for next year. We’ve had true freshman SS like Zamora last year.
If we’re going to challenge next year our defense needs to be corrected. All starts with the SS.

Recruiting is basically over. All HS kids have signed and so have most Jucos. There just isnt anyone you're going to find at this point

We do have 4 SS in our 2020 class though haha. So we'll have options after next year

edit: Yeah we have Lugo, but zero chance he enrolls. 1st rd pick probably

That’s because there’s no one in the roster that can play SS.

You've nearly stumbled onto the truth here.

Tyler Paige and Willy Escala played SS in high school.

But neither is better than Zamora.

So Zamora is playing SS because.......he's the best option.

I know, crazy.

RPI up to 18 now. Assuming we lose 2 of 3 to Louisville, we'll still be right in the thick of it for getting a host with a strong finish. Just take 1 game this weekend.

Recruiting is basically over. All HS kids have signed and so have most Jucos. There just isnt anyone you're going to find at this point

We do have 4 SS in our 2020 class though haha. So we'll have options after next year

Any reclassify candidates in that bunch?

Advertisement

We can always dream

You've nearly stumbled onto the truth here.

Tyler Paige and Willy Escala played SS in high school.

But neither is better than Zamora.

So Zamora is playing SS because.......he's the best option.

I know, crazy.

My brother I know about this team a lot more than most know. Believe me when I say this.
But good to know u know baseball.

Zamora can be fixed IMO. It’s looks mental and just takes reps. He ought to be taking 100 groundballs a day at a minimum. His footwork gets away from him way too often.

At the plate he’s making good contact, just hasn’t had any luck. I am however worried about that leading to a real slump. When you aren’t getting on base and not making plays the only thing keeping you up is winning

Advertisement
Hope that's true. Seems like the kind of injury where you keep wondering when he's coming back, and before you know it, it's June and he's still out.

Yeah that’s what staff is hoping for. McMahon was also hurt in Highschool and that hurt his draft stock. That was a reason he came here, he wasn’t drafted as high as he though he would.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back