Vs Gulf Coast

Advertisement
So good to know there’s some people like you that actually know baseball. If we want to be a serious contender next year we need an elite SS that can play gold glove defense. With the offensive talent we are bringing back next year I wouldn’t mind sacrificing some hitting for a gold glove SS.

You can only play three outfielders. So if you're going to have your best nine in the lineup somebody has to play SS.

The best SS of the nine? Freddy Zamora.

This isn't even a difficult call right now.

Advertisement
You can only play three outfielders. So if you're going to have your best nine in the lineup somebody has to play SS.

I’ve been saying not this year. Next year is when you make the switch. He’s be a great CF with his speed and arm. Leave Lala in LF, Zamora CF and find a RF.

Your point is valid friend but that's not a good problem to have

Advertisement
I’ve been saying not this year. Next year is when you make the switch. He’s be a great CF with his speed and arm. Leave Lala in LF, Zamora CF and find a RF.

You still need someone to play SS and you can only have three outfielders.

You can't play everybody in the OF.

Del Castillo, Rivera, Gates, Jenkins.

What if Hylan Hall comes to school?

Zamora is playing SS.

I think we have our RF in Rivera. He's going to be a really good hitter next year, and he can play the position.

Advertisement
It is a good problem to have.

It means you're loaded and the worst thing is that one of your best players isn't the greatest defensive SS.

The not being able to field balls has bothered me for years. The teams that beat us rarely have errors. If he's our best choice then fine, but he's not very good defensively at an important position.

Advertisement
Who at SS?

Because there's nobody in the recruiting class that is an SS. So who?

That’s what I’m saying we recruit one for next year. We’ve had true freshman SS like Zamora last year.
If we’re going to challenge next year our defense needs to be corrected. All starts with the SS.

Advertisement
Back