Virginia Tech

Advertisement
Bargfeldt walks the leadoff batter and hangs a pitch to the three hitter (also threw a pickoff into right field). I believe this is the third or fourth consecutive road start in which Bargfeldt has given up a 1st inning homer.

Canes lead 3-2 after 4 on three walks, a Reyes single off the wall, a hit batter, and a sac fly from Tackett.

Bartow on after 7 innings from Bargfeldt. In keeping with his recent pattern, Jeb was dominant after a rocky start to the game.

Advertisement
Top of 9th. Runner on 1st no outs. Tackett can't bunt to save his life. Horrible technique!!! How do you get to this level of baseball and you can't execute the basics you've been taught in Little League?

Advertisement
Bartow finally gets out of it to send the game to extras. VT coach was thrown out after a blown call was overturned in his favor but the winning runner was frozen and sent back to third. Announcers seem to think he was also suspended for the rest of the series.

That’s Bartow’s 2nd blown save in as many attempts.

Canes with runners on the corners and one out Top 12, after the VT catcher kindly threw the ball into center trying to throw Jenkins out at 2nd on ball 4. Romy at the plate. What could possibly go wrong....

Cloonan and Gil can’t do anything was the bases loaded. Hopefully Federman can hang on.

Advertisement
Coop immediately rolls a double play ball and the Canes win 5-4. New closer? 6 in a row but really ugly.

Great outing by Bargfeldt and a really nice job by Jenkins getting on base and making things happen.

Advertisement
Nice!!! All my neighbors are VT fans so always nice to beat them in any sport. This is the one sport my betting neighbor wouldn't bet me on however.

Thanks again for the updates - wasn't able to find the scores anywhere else online.

Advertisement
Back