Virginia Tech

This is the type of game for Ahmon and Thomas to go off. Bud Foster will play 0 coverage often and the opportunities will be there. If Delaney is back this game we will all but lock down their receivers along with Jackson, Bandy, and Malik. We stop the run and we will be cooking

The key to game will be the OL. Got to give Rosie's time.
The OL has a good game I like our chances.

Advertisement
Virginia tech aint beating us at home. Their offense is just as inconsistent as ours. It'll be a close game but I think we'll win the turnover battle and hit on more big plays on Offense.

I watched a lot of that game last night and I think our defense will be successful. We really need to clean up McCloud, he's been a huge liability. Having Redwine back is huge. Overall I don't think they have the speed to challenge us deep so we will have to be ready to duke this one out in the trenches. Phillips and Savoy are good, not great. This is a game for our front to dominate to be honest. Think Syracuse with worse WRs and a better Oline.

Winnable game, their defense is not better than fsu and we have them at home. We must play like we know something big is on the line

Advertisement
VT has some great athletes. They recruit the mid-Atlantic well and coach them up. But, they’re going to lose.

Miami doesn’t have to play the perfect game to beat VT or be complete in all phases of the game, either. If Miami plays like Miami played against Syracuse, GT or UNC...Miami will still win.

Yesterday wasn’t the best football, but it was still winning football - making plays when Miami NEEDED to make them.

8-0!

VT ain't beating us in MIami. They are good at home like always but on the road suspect. ND might beat us but don't count on it . We will lose this season and it will be to Clemson . VT has a good starting Rb and a few good WR but their Qb is very uneven like ours. They don't have half the talent we have on D though.

VT has some great athletes. They recruit the mid-Atlantic well and coach them up. But, they’re going to lose.

Miami doesn’t have to play the perfect game to beat VT or be complete in all phases of the game, either. If Miami plays like Miami played against Syracuse, GT or UNC...Miami will still win.

Yesterday wasn’t the best football, but it was still winning football - making plays when Miami NEEDED to make them.

8-0!

Great post . The truth as well.

The key to me will be winning 1 on 1 battles. The OL and DL need to win those matchups as well as our WR's and DB's. If VT can do what UNC did and only have 6 in the box and stop the run against our 6 it will take a miracle to win. As well, if we have to send pressure to make their QB uncomfortable it will give him running lanes and he will dice us up. Special teams are also a concern for me as we have not played well in that area much this season.

Advertisement
We must tackle well!! The defense is often in place but misses too many tackles!! Offensively, we have to pick up the blitz. Homer and the O-Line must communicate and be prepared. Bud makes his name with pressure. If we give Malik time, that man to man they love to play will benefit us!

Interesting vt 247 board Va Tech fans complaining how inconsistent josh Jackson has been since game 1 and that he’s not good... some wanted him to be benched

Because fans are stupid and think everything suppose to go their teams way all the time

Advertisement
VT ain't beating us in MIami. They are good at home like always but on the road suspect. ND might beat us but don't count on it . We will lose this season and it will be to Clemson . VT has a good starting Rb and a few good WR but their Qb is very uneven like ours. They don't have half the talent we have on D though.

Their 3rd down defense is holding offenses to 24% conversion rate. 2nd in the nation. Miami's conversion rate was 31% going into the carolina game, which ranked 111th in the nation. Who knows what it is now. This offense has to do better on 3rd down. ****, they have to do better on 1st and 2nd down. It's really about execution. Too many bad throws, too many missed blocks, but they always find a way.

Their 3rd down defense is holding offenses to 24% conversion rate. 2nd in the nation. Miami's conversion rate was 31% going into the carolina game, which ranked 111th in the nation. Who knows what it is now. This offense has to do better on 3rd down. ****, they have to do better on 1st and 2nd down. It's really about execution. Too many bad throws, too many missed blocks, but they always find a way.

This just means to me we are going to have to score a lot on first and second down.
From what I have seen of the West Virgina game and the Clemson game we can get big plays down field.

Advertisement
I think we dominated Duke on their home field more than VT has in Blacksburg. Ipso facto we are better.

It kinda raining..............

Man, out yourself. Who is your team? Because it’s definitely not the Canes.

You have not said one positive thing on this board. Either an outright bash or a soft jab.

Don’t worry, your $hitty Gaytors or Holes will bounce back at some point. Don’t make your hate for the Canes so obvious.

8-0!

If we play like we did against UNC, we gettin' boatraced.

Has the game time been announced yet?

Emma-Watson-Awkward-Face-MRW-Gif.jpg

people who are dumb will just compare our games against UNC and say VT will roll us

not the case, they look pretty inept on offense,

keep in mind they had 3 non offensive TD's early against UNC as well so i'm excited for next week and for people to shut up about us being average. Winning next week will help our brand

Not for nothing but isn’t their qb second In the conference in td passes?

He has 7 TD's vs 5 p5 opponents.
Rosier has 8TD's vs 5 p5 opponents.

Advertisement
Back