Virginia Tech

Advertisement
This is the type of game for Ahmon and Thomas to go off. Bud Foster will play 0 coverage often and the opportunities will be there. If Delaney is back this game we will all but lock down their receivers along with Jackson, Bandy, and Malik. We stop the run and we will be cooking

Advertisement
VT is playing their safeties up the whole game. Hopefully we have opportunities to take shots downfield.

Don’t worry, CMR loves to go deep on every 3rd and short.

You do realize there are more than 1 option for the QB, right? I think Malik likes to throw it deep.

THANK YOU

everyone complains about play calling because of certain reads that Malik is making. Richt is dumbing it down for this kid (i.e. RPO, 5 wide to identify blitzers) Malik has been good, not great. he needs to get better at making the right reads, specifically early in games

So far this season Tech has beaten their bad opponents badly and played everyone else average... They do what they are supposed to do. We have played down to our opponents for the most part. Simple as that. We need to come to play. If you ask me we need to just abandon the run if they aren't going to open up holes. Lots of quick passes, slants, screens, and skinny posts. Outside of the Ga Tech game, we've had literally no success running the ball.

So far this season Tech has beaten their bad opponents badly and played everyone else average... They do what they are supposed to do. We have played down to our opponents for the most part. Simple as that. We need to come to play. If you ask me we need to just abandon the run if they aren't going to open up holes. Lots of quick passes, slants, screens, and skinny posts. Outside of the Ga Tech game, we've had literally no success running the ball.

I keep repeating that we just do not have the personnel to come out and establish the run against good defenses. We need to pass in order to open up the run. The problem is that Rosier has a lot of limitations that Richt has to coach around and this is what is putting Richt in a very hard spot in terms of playcalling. These next 2 games should be interesting to say the least.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Interesting vt 247 board Va Tech fans complaining how inconsistent josh Jackson has been since game 1 and that he’s not good... some wanted him to be benched

Advertisement
Ive been watching this game and I have a few points on virginia tech

- Their QB is young inexperienced and makes bad decisions although hes fast and usually accurate
- They have a good oline one very good wide reciever and not much more

- Their defense is really good and they make tackles

In all duke is killing themselves this game not doing jack **** on offense and not taking advantage of bad throws

Say what you want about our performance but this team is a team we can definitely beat.

GO CANES!!!

Doesn't matter what the QB does when they can just run the ball down our throats all day. We ain't stop the run yet.

That’s because our ends lose contain. Up the gut we have gotten better there with the LB fits but containment is a big issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VT is playing their safeties up the whole game. Hopefully we have opportunities to take shots downfield.

You do realize there are more than 1 option for the QB, right? I think Malik likes to throw it deep.

Yes, I am aware of that; however, when 2 or 3 WR’s are running for 20+ yards for back fades that’s on CMR. Our QB’s do it all the time which is obviously fine with CMR. Once again, we are predictable. I’ll take a simple bootleg at this point on 3rd and 5.

Last edited:

Yes, I am aware of that; however, when 2 or 3 WR’s are running for 20+ yards for back fades that’s on CMR. Our QB’s do it all the time which is obviously fine with CMR. Once again, we are predictable. I’ll take a simple bootleg at this point on 3rd and 5.

I rewatched the game, Rosier has shorter options, he locks in on the deep balls the second the ball is snapped.

All the games we struggled with have been mostly due to our inability to run the ball. This game will be no different. We're just gonna have to hit some big plays because I'm yet to see Richt scheme up some yardage in the ground or try to do anything different. And I keep saying it.

I want to see us run from different formations. Give the defense different looks. As well as use motion. Maybe he stopped Rosier from audibling like someone said some time back. Maybe that's when the run game started being a bum.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back