Virginia Tech (Game 3) 1pm ACCNX

Idk that we have a viable 2 hitter right now. I think you’d have to go Lala, Yoyo, ADC and drop Vilar til he starts seeing it better. CDC is the only guy I can think of who could handle it.
I like the CDC idea. Vilar actually seems to be making better contact than a lot of guys in the lineup, but that’s not doing much practically for us at the moment.

Advertisement
Toral looks like he’s swinging an oar. What has made his bat so slow? Zero power.

I’m a little worried about the bats. VT is solid, but the offense hasn’t put pressure at all and looks off.

Vilar is a key. The Book will tell you the most important spot in the lineup is #2 and he’s providing very little right now.
I think it is fair to say he and Gil have put on some bad weight.

CDC makes it runners at the corners in a virtual two hole. Hopefully this is when Born finds his breakout hit.

Advertisement
Does any team in college baseball make more outs on the base paths than Miami does? How do you continue to do it over and over?

With the bottom of your order up you gift them an out and then will get nothing without a hit.

Unreal.

Advertisement
I like the CDC idea. Vilar actually seems to be making better contact than a lot of guys in the lineup, but that’s not doing much practically for us at the moment.
He’ll give you a quality AB’s and will move guys over in front of our 3-4 guys. And I’m confident Vilar will figure it out. He’s too good not too.

I know it's silly, but I strongly dislike this VT team and their antics. It's time for Miami to start punching back a bit here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We are breathing life into VT. We were on the berge of taking control of this game and we decide to give them CPR instead.

Why is Jenkins not in the lineup? He's been making good contact. No time to experiment with freshman in critical conference games.

Born makes no contact swinging at a pitch a foot outside of the plate

I just can't understand the thinking here.

Does any team in college baseball make more outs on the base paths than Miami does? How do you continue to do it over and over?

With the bottom of your order up you gift them an out and then will get nothing without a hit.

Unreal.
Any sort of statistic measuring opportunity cost in instances when giving away outs on the bases?

I imagine it would probably be a run per game based on average runs scored per situation that we just give away.

Any sort of statistic measuring opportunity cost in instances when giving away outs on the bases?

I imagine it would probably be a run per game based on average runs scored per situation that we just give away.
There are several. We have given away a ton of runs with stolen base attempts this season. I'll update it and give a figure.

Advertisement
Back