Virginia Tech game 2000

Advertisement
Oh yeah, I believe you about OU had we played them that year, we blow them out the water, then we gone on to win back to back chips
The only counter thought to that (which I had to convince myself of to stop losing my mind over it) is that there's a good chance that core group doesn't come back for '01 if they didn't get hosed by the BCS in '00. In some ways that robbery brought us the next year's glory. Its just crazy we should have had back-to-back-to-back natties and somehow only ended up with one.

The only counter thought to that (which I had to convince myself of to stop losing my mind over it) is that there's a good chance that core group doesn't come back for '01 if they didn't get hosed by the BCS in '00. In some ways that robbery brought us the next year's glory. Its just crazy we should have had back-to-back-to-back natties and somehow only ended up with one.

I thought about this as well.

Alot of them would've declared if we Won it all in 2000.....

Advertisement
The common denominator is if Butch stays....Our recruiting classes from 01-?? would've been off the charts...We lost waayyyy to many kids from 02-07 that we wouldn't have otherwise...Cokers evaluations were trash..after Butch's kids left after 03/04....

Yep.

Dan Morgan , Santana , Wayne , Leonard Myers and James Jackson were on 2000. Myers was super underrated and Morgan was one of the best players I’ve ever seen at Miami in my 30 + years of being a fan. It’s sad they stumbled in Washington , in fairness it was one of the hardest places to play in the country then. We just came on too late, lots of early nerves.
Not Butch's fault Portis fumbled...

If Vick was fully healthy, how close is this game?

The Washington Redskins lost 1940 NFL championship game to the Bears, 73-0.
Early in game Skins had chance to tie it at 7 were it not for WR dropping easy TD catch in end zone.
After game Skins' QB was asked if that dropped pass would have made a difference, he replied "Yes, it would have been 73-7".

Advertisement
Would've been a different score but a blowout regardless.

Dorsey and that O were firing on all cylinders after the UW game, Santana had a field day against VT's secondary.

Oh yeah, ******* that turkey neck ***** Beamer.

It just amazes me how things come full circle:

1986, Vinny throws the game
1987, National Champs
1988, Refs ***** us over in ND

That’s our first 3 peat tricked off

2000, BCS computers ***** us twice
2001, National Champs
2002, Refs ***** us over against OSU

That’s our second 3 peat tricked off

We r fa sho missing 3 additional chips in our trophy case, and the Vinny topic is a sensitive one, but yeah, throw that one in too!

Vinny threw what 5 picks and we only lost by one score, that 86 team had to be crazy good, I dont remember because I was born in 86 lol

Vinny threw what 5 picks and we only lost by one score, that 86 team had to be crazy good, I dont remember because I was born in 86 lol

Imo, the greatest team to not win a title. This team ooooooozed swag, and was rock stars, the bad guys. Even though I became a fan a yr later, this squad would be considered an all time great had they won.

Advertisement
Back