Virginia Tech game 2000

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Vick was fully healthy, how close is this game?
We took our foot off the pedal that game... If Vick plays the score might of been worse.
I remember we should of beat them so much worse. I remember ed tried to jump a pick 6 and kissed badly and the score a long td. We were up by like 21 already but if Vick is playing, he doesn't do that. Instead of 41-21 it's more like 55-17.

I was just watching highlights from that game

Wright made a threw an out route that just made me say wow

Kid was so ****ed his entire time here
The d was unreal that game especially that d line. Man did they destroy them up front and the DB’s were lights out especially Kelly Jennings.

Advertisement
The crowd was pretty amped and started chanting his name when the backup was getting his butt handed to him. I think without him, our guys lost focus and let off the gas a bit. While not Washington 01 type beat down, it would have been similar to the Syracuse 01 beatdown. If we only could have played that game at night instead of the, what, 3:30 slot? Would have been must see tv though.

The crowd was pretty amped and started chanting his name when the backup was getting his butt handed to him. I think without him, our guys lost focus and let off the gas a bit. While not Washington 01 type beat down, it would have been similar to the Syracuse 01 beatdown. If we only could have played that game at night instead of the, what, 3:30 slot? Would have been must see tv though.
[/QUOTE
12:00

Advertisement
Why don’t you put that game on a computer simulation, like some people did with 2001 Miami vs 1995 Nebraska?

What’s with how people are talking about hypothetical matchups that never occurred today?

Why don’t you put that game on a computer simulation, like some people did with 2001 Miami vs 1995 Nebraska?

What’s with how people are talking about hypothetical matchups that never occurred today?
Exactly, it’s a hypothetical question. People act like I’m committing blasphemy. I’m as diehard Cane as anyone, just having a discussion.

Advertisement
I was at this game. Would've probably been pretty close with Vick in there. I remember them trotting him out there and he could barely jog...I thought Frank Beamer was really doing the kid wrong by letting him go out there on 1 wheel.

Miami was just too good that year to lose that game without some sort of Herculean effort by 7, but if he was in there it'd have been a different game. He was playing really well up until the injury.

Advertisement
Back