Virginia Tech Football MeltDown Thread..... Enjoy

I guess i just don't understand how you think Fuente is a better coach. He can't even keep up the pace that Frank Beamer established, but you think he is a better coach that CMR. Blinded by hate. There are better coaches than Richt out there, but Fuente isnt one of them.

He blew one game so far at a mid level school. Richt blows games every year against less talent at a top level school.

Advertisement
VaT.jpg

We win out go 11-1 and try Clemson one more time with a more experienced defense and a more talented qb.....

Ya never know

Idc if we win every game by 1. We win out and we're fine

Dude just lost to Old Dominion and your defending him. We live in a strange world.

I am just defending my original opinion. Which I still stand by. I am actually very happy that Richt allowed Kosi to play today, but I still would have preferred Fuente.

Advertisement
Yea... laughing at VT doesn't do it for me. They know what they are as a program so it not as funny. It funny when an entitled fan base like FSU or UF loses.

Sorry brother....but you play to win. Every year in every sport a team surprises and overachieves...our window to be that team was winning out and beating Clemson.

The way things are going in the ACC that might not even be enough. Getting to the playoffs helps national perception and helps in recruiting. Kids are fickle and front runners.
Of course you play to win but that has nothing to do with what VT does. VT sucking is completely out of our control so to fret about SOS is counterproductive and achieves nothing. All we can do is win every game we play and the rest is out of our control.

Let's say we win out but don't get in. We still have a 12-1 record with a major bowl and a chance to go 13-1. That will most definitely have a positive effect on recruiting no matter how many times someone says differently. My point is that right now although we are going in the right direction we still need to continue to upgrade the roster. Our focus should be to recruit as well as possible and to win every time we step on the field. Being a consistent playoff contender will earn us the respect of the sports media and in turn the playoff committee. Having said all that I am of the belief that if we run the table and beat Clemson in the ACCCG we are in the playoffs especially if we beat a previously undefeated Clemson team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Their defense looked exactly how I thought it would look by this point in time.
Hopefully they play like that against us later on in the season.

Advertisement
Still way too early to be concerned about stuff like that.
I do know that the committee seems to put some credence into a Conference Championship game which will always hurt ND in a tie breaking situation that last weekend.

But one game at a time. This thread is about VA tech and they look horrible.

The Canes and Clem's son will be only ACC teams ranked in Top 20 this week.

Last edited:
That doesn't account for attrition. Bottom line. Va tech had 11 4 stars. Pitt had 11 4 stars. Va tech had 0 5 stars. Pitt had 1 5 star.
Excuse
He blew one game so far at a mid level school. Richt blows games every year against less talent at a top level school.
:rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg: blown one game....this year. What's his excuse for the few games he blew last year? He is despised by his fan base and hasn't recruited half as well as Beamer.

Advertisement
Back